TOP 15 TEAMS IN SEO

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Re: TOP 15 TEAMS IN SEO

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
SouthernStorm wrote:First of all, it depends on what all teams you are including in SE Ohio. For my list I will include all schools that the people who frequent this site generally consider to be "local". Here is a list of 15 teams, NOT necessarily in order. I'm sure that I will forget someone...

13. Minford
14. Oak Hill
15. East

Please don't list Minford as 13.....12.5, 14...anything but lucky ole 13. :-D Not that I am superstitious or anything. :lol:

Luck is when hard work meets preparation. If that is the case, Minford will be fine this year. :122245

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

IRONFALCON wrote:Luck is when hard work meets preparation. If that is the case, Minford will be fine this year. :122245

No doubt. Simply joking about where they were placed, even though the dude said they were placed in no particular order.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

RogueWarrior1965 wrote:
IRONFALCON wrote:Luck is when hard work meets preparation. If that is the case, Minford will be fine this year. :122245

No doubt. Simply joking about where they were placed, even though the dude said they were placed in no particular order.

I figured, just wanted to use that quote. :lol:

I think the burg/ironton debate will be solved week 1, then the rest of the teams will fall into place during the season.

Derf_W
Riding the Bench

Post by Derf_W »

IRONFALCON wrote:
RogueWarrior1965 wrote:

I figured, just wanted to use that quote. :lol:

I think the burg/ironton debate will be solved week 1, then the rest of the teams will fall into place during the season.

Wheelersburg is in for a rude awakening when them Ironton Tigers come to town. We know their plan, and it is to get to us early, but we remember last year and we've been waiting ever since.

As far as the conference y'all are in, I see Minford being in the top with the numbers you have there. Those numbers are bigger than Irontons, so I give credit to you for that. Do you see yourselves in the future scheduling Ironton, Chillicothe, Gallia, or Portsmouth, or a school with those same size of numbers coming out for the football team?

gymratt
Freshman Team

Post by gymratt »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I LOOK FOR D4 IRONTON, AND D1 LOGAN (REALLY). to battle it out for all the local marbles. but they are not really that local. size wise should be in columbus leagues with desales, mooney and the like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You do realize that Logan just recently dropped to D-2 and Mooney is D-4 and from Youngstown which is over 3 hours away from Columbus, so you're a little off base with that argument.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

FalconFan wrote:Ironton will beat the burg this year. Burg will be good but Ironton will be very dangerous.

We heard that same crap all last summer and then guess what happened, 39-0 Burg. So we will see come August if the Tigers have improved by 39 points over the Pirates. Of course this is coming from FalconFan who hates anything and everything related to Wheelersburg. He also guaranteed that Minford would beat the Pirates in baseball this season and I believe those went 31-1 at Minford and 7-3 at the Burg, so I really don't take much stock in anything he says. lol

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

This one kinda got out of hand!!!!

TigersGameDayFan
JV Team

Post by TigersGameDayFan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
FalconFan wrote:Ironton will beat the burg this year. Burg will be good but Ironton will be very dangerous.

We heard that same crap all last summer and then guess what happened, 39-0 Burg. So we will see come August if the Tigers have improved by 39 points over the Pirates. Of course this is coming from FalconFan who hates anything and everything related to Wheelersburg. He also guaranteed that Minford would beat the Pirates in baseball this season and I believe those went 31-1 at Minford and 7-3 at the Burg, so I really don't take much stock in anything he says. lol

So now you are hearing it from an Ironton Person.....Ironton Beats THE MESS out of the Burg..

pembrook burrows III
JV Team

Post by pembrook burrows III »

I am a big Ironton fan, and while all the optimism is great, you have to remember that over the last 2 years the Tigers have gone 11-10, and have been outscored by their opponents 560-525. The high expectations for this year's squad may be a little out of whack I'm afraid. This team needs to take some major strides to get back to where the program once resided. That said, we have some very talented young people and a top notch coaching staff. Hopefully, this team will do the things necessary in the classroom and in the off-season to achieve their goals. Nothing will be handed to them because of the name on the jersey. I'm rooting for you, Tigers!

2old
All Conference

Post by 2old »

Nice post Pembrook. You make senses and realize the realities of the current situation in Ironton. The only thing I question is the "top notch" coaching staff. I think this staff has to prove it can coach football today. The leader of this staff was definetly top notch in his day.

As for many of the other Ironton posters it appears Chiefatain Envy has survived another off season. The measure of success in SE Ohio is beating the Chiefs. If you beat Logan, then you are having a good season.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

1--------------15 Wellston ,,because I love my Rockets!!!!

SPANKY
Freshman Team

Post by SPANKY »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I LOOK FOR D4 IRONTON, AND D1 LOGAN (REALLY). to battle it out for all the local marbles. but they are not really that local. size wise should be in columbus leagues with desales, mooney and the like. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well said Bait!!!! :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41

NUFF SAID..........................

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

2old wrote:Nice post Pembrook. You make senses and realize the realities of the current situation in Ironton. The only thing I question is the "top notch" coaching staff. I think this staff has to prove it can coach football today. The leader of this staff was definetly top notch in his day.

As for many of the other Ironton posters it appears Chiefatain Envy has survived another off season. The measure of success in SE Ohio is beating the Chiefs. If you beat Logan, then you are having a good season.

For me one measure of success is doing well in the league, but when it's all said and done the true measure of success is making the playoffs and doing well in them. This will be a very good season in Tiger Town with the returning talent and the addition of a couple new players coming or returning to Ironton.

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

I think this staff has to prove it can coach football today.

What does that mean?

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

he meant that there hey day has passed but, to still see if the system will work today..

BigMcCauley55
S

Post by BigMcCauley55 »

BigBlueinsider wrote:Storm,
now this is not just because i am a Warren Fan....

but,

MARIETTA!!!?????!!!!!
hey the man knows whats going on in marietta LOSING SEASON IS A THING OF THE PAST

with Coach Schob running things well Marietta will play at their full potienal and nothing less. He has everyone at a top level of hardwork and if everyone keeps it up hey anything is possible and you will see alot of different kids playing because thats the level of play the team will be at where everyone can be put in and go. Now i hope you dont think warren should be there cuz yea you know just dont get me started on Marietta vs Warren way too early

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Here all along I thought this was about the top 15 teams in SEO,,,, Come to find out its about Ironton and Burgh.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Orange and Brown wrote:Here all along I thought this was about the top 15 teams in SEO,,,, Come to find out its about Ironton and Burgh.

When you talk about the top teams in SEO, those two have to be at the top of the list because of their success year in and year out. Anyone who doesn't think that is just fooling themselves.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Yea but shouldn't there be 13 other teams on that list.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Yeah what O&B said :roll:

Return to “Football”