Would the West Coast O work in Highschool???????????

D Owens
Freshman Team

Re: Would the West Coast O work in Highschool???????????

Post by D Owens »

West Coast Offense. Is that what they call our offense? I wonder why Bill Walsh didn't try running it with Joe Montana. Maybe it wasn't around back when Coach Walsh was coaching. I think Montana would have been perfect in that offense. ;-) ;-) ;-)

Alright, enough of me being a clown. Orange and Brown is right and so is 2trap_4ever. You do have to have receivers and QBs that know coverages and make the same reads, but that isn't very tough to teach or for the kids to learn. The issue is that you have to commit to it and commit a bunch of practice time to running it well. Explain to me how that is any different than running the wing-t? I've coached both and in my opinion running the trap consistently well is tougher than running the three-step stuff. I don't want to hear about rain either. I've been at Waverly for nine years through five QBs and I think they all have thrown as well in the rain as not. In fact, since coming to Waverly I've come to believe that the rain actually HELPS us in the passing game because our receivers know what route they are running and the DBs don't.

Everybody thinks that coaching the QBs and receivers is the fun part of the three-step. The fact is Coach Knight has the most enjoyable job coaching the three-step in my opinion. He coaches the "O" line. The pass pro is BY FAR the most enjoyable part of coaching the three-step offense. It's simple and it's very effective. I really enjoyed that part of coaching in this offense.

It's almost as much fun as coaching kickoff team. 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Football”