19%
Valley
4%

Total votes: 68

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: 2016 SOC I and SOC 2 Predictions

Post by BigBlueNation »

NewEra wrote:If Coach Brooks didn't make the decision to step away himself, that is not a good decision on Northwest's part.
It was his decision.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Soc1 Oakhill or Northwest
Soc2 Burg

Blue08
Waterboy

Post by Blue08 »

SOC 1 east or northwest

SOC 2 burg

Football_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Football_Fan »

Valley adds Pikeville Kentucky for their open date

blue53
All State

Post by blue53 »

Football_Fan wrote:Valley adds Pikeville Kentucky for their open date
Do you have a date on that? Is that played in Lucasville or down there? 3 1/2 hours of fun driving for some team one way.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I'm not buying valley will have a down year until I see it. West has problems, perhaps coaching is an issue. Waverly will be very strong and could surprise some people. Minford has a new coach.

1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. Valley
4. West
5. Minford

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

wobycat wrote:I'm not buying valley will have a down year until I see it. West has problems, perhaps coaching is an issue. Waverly will be very strong and could surprise some people. Minford has a new coach.

1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. Valley
4. West
5. Minford
Don't worry! You'll see it!!
1. Burg
2. Waverly
3. West
4. Minford
5. Valley
Unless Minford just falls apart with the coaching change. Then Valley and Minford could flip

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

the eagles will be a lot better in there second year. have heard we have a new running back that's gonna do well that Martin will be the new QB and is looking strong and throwing the ball great. not saying we can win the Soc1 right now but should be getting better.

GO EAGLES
OaksFan24
Waterboy

Post by OaksFan24 »

Yes Oak Hill lost quite a few Seniors including the SOC Lineman of the year, but the young talent is looking good. They will most likely start a Junior Quarterback, and Running back. Many Sophmores can come up and make and impact. Do not forget the Oaks have won 4 straight SOC 1 championships under Coach Dugan. Never count the Oaks out.

Oakfan24
Waterboy

Post by Oakfan24 »

Oak hill really didn't lose much bc of all the talent in the underclassmen I look for Smith to run the ball a lot this year

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

Despite having a talented senior class, I hear ND's numbers will be down considerably! The last time ND faced such a challenge was with their Sweet 16 team. If I remember correctly, the same head coach was at the helm the years leading up to that as is there now. It took years for ND to rebuild after that and now it is happening again. Wonder when ND will wake up and realize that the current staff do not have what it takes to build a football program, only let it dwindle away? They have had two tenures and only 1 SOC title, very few winning seasons and of those, against teams with losing ones. Too bad they can't do what is best for the school and the program and just step down. So sad for a school rich in football history!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

AIM wrote:Despite having a talented senior class, I hear ND's numbers will be down considerably! The last time ND faced such a challenge was with their Sweet 16 team. If I remember correctly, the same head coach was at the helm the years leading up to that as is there now. It took years for ND to rebuild after that and now it is happening again. Wonder when ND will wake up and realize that the current staff do not have what it takes to build a football program, only let it dwindle away? They have had two tenures and only 1 SOC title, very few winning seasons and of those, against teams with losing ones. Too bad they can't do what is best for the school and the program and just step down. So sad for a school rich in football history!
What on earth are you talking about?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:
AIM wrote:Despite having a talented senior class, I hear ND's numbers will be down considerably! The last time ND faced such a challenge was with their Sweet 16 team. If I remember correctly, the same head coach was at the helm the years leading up to that as is there now. It took years for ND to rebuild after that and now it is happening again. Wonder when ND will wake up and realize that the current staff do not have what it takes to build a football program, only let it dwindle away? They have had two tenures and only 1 SOC title, very few winning seasons and of those, against teams with losing ones. Too bad they can't do what is best for the school and the program and just step down. So sad for a school rich in football history!
What on earth are you talking about?
ND has a lot of athletes so I'm sure they will put out a good product this fall. They don't have trouble winning in basketball or baseball and I thought they had a good football team this year.

GO EAGLES
Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Oak Hill and Burg.

Should be no surprises here.

BiddyBallDaddy
Freshman Team

Post by BiddyBallDaddy »

Sounds like an upset parent.

When you have 35-40 boys to choose from and go up against teams with 130-150 boys it's gonna be tough to compete every year.

It's Northwest and Oak Hill that I feel sorry for. When is it time for them to move to SOC 2 and compete against teams that are near their size?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Eastern Pike should get a lot better. I've heard we have a couple transfers in from Minford and Waverly that will help in the backfield to fill the void from Fremont graduating.

GO EAGLES
bcltcr
Riding the Bench

Post by bcltcr »

Soc 1
1. Oak Hill
2. East
3. Northwest
4. Notre Dame
5. Eastern Pike
6. Green

Soc 2
1. Burg
2. West
3. Valley
4. Waverly
5. Minford

Two Bold Predictions:
West surprises and has a solid team this year
Green will win a conference game

AIM
Waterboy

Post by AIM »

Mailman,
Not sure which part of my post you are unclear on? Maybe the Sweet Sixteen, but if it is about the extremely low numbers that have signed up for football, you should certainly know what I am talking about. Three key starters from last year say they are not playing!

As for being an angry parent, no, a disappointed alumni. Sorry, but the fact remains that both times the program has seen such a drastic drop in numbers has been when the same coach has been at the helm. I guess we will keep making excuses until there is no longer a football program at ND.

BiddyBall Daddy, ND has had 35-40 boys to choose from every year since the 80's, to compete against schools with 150 boys and that they always did....compete, if not dominate! Not a new situation.

Trust me, I hope things turn around and those that say they are not playing change their mind because there is too much talent in the Senior class to let it go to waste!!

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

If you've heard 3 boys aren't playing I can tell you 1 for sure has nothing to do with who's coaching. The senior class is talented, but with Oak Hill in conference along with Northwest and a very good East team, and a much improved Eastern team, they are playing for third or fourth even if every boy in the school plays. So I really don't see how it matters who's coaching. Finding anyone to take that job and be successful every year, is impossible.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

bcltcr wrote:Soc 1
1. Oak Hill
2. East
3. Northwest
4. Notre Dame
5. Eastern Pike
6. Green

Soc 2