Southeastern High School Coach gone?

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Re: Southeastern High School Coach gone?

Post by maddog54 »

I have heard who the coach is going to be, but my lips are sealed.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

I am leaning toward saying maddog knows nothing or he would say. It was also my understanding that when the job was originally posted there were only 2 applicants, one being Cory Black, why wouldnt the job go to the other applicant? And goblue 22 , perhaps you can explain to those kids why Coach Black left them high and dry at such a late date if he was so well liked and dedicated?

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Maddog, does your guy also coach wrestling?

GoBlue22
Freshman Team

Post by GoBlue22 »

SEfan2007 wrote:I am leaning toward saying maddog knows nothing or he would say. It was also my understanding that when the job was originally posted there were only 2 applicants, one being Cory Black, why wouldnt the job go to the other applicant? And goblue 22 , perhaps you can explain to those kids why Coach Black left them high and dry at such a late date if he was so well liked and dedicated?

It is unfortunate when a coach quits a program, but it happens all the time. You cannot blame a person for wanting to improve themselves in their profession. You ask just about anybody affilliated w/ the program and they will tell you that cory was very dedicated.

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

JohnKnight: yes

I heard from a person I trust, its just not my title to say on an open forum the person's name, but believe what you want. I am an person from the outside and I have no ties to south eastern anyways, just courious how the program ends up because I have a young nephew in the school system.

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

maddog you are hearing different info than I am. I was told who the job was offered to, but he has no association to a wrestling program. I don't know if he was the first person and turned it down, because he told me he wasn't applying. That is why it suprised me when I heard he was offered the program. I know the guy you are thinking about and he applied, but I hadn't heard he was offered. Is your info reliable? Mine should be, but nothing I would bet on.

GoBlue22 I don't believe you will hear too much positive about Coach Black at SE. Not if the people trust you enough to tell you the truth.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

no kidding there panthermama

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

My sources say maddog is correct.

panthermama
Waterboy

Post by panthermama »

So what is known about him? Anything good or bad? I didn't even think he was in the top 3 choices for the job.

The Gazette is saying that SE has called a special board meeting tonight at 6:00. They must be board approving whoever it is.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

so the wrestling coach at SE is now the football coach? Clarification please.

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

I heard from the person who is accepting the job himself.
No it is not southeastern's wrestling coach.

SEfan2007
Riding the Bench

Post by SEfan2007 »

I am sorry I am confused, then who is it ....does he have football experience?

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

Wax on...Wax off. That's what they say in chillicothe anyway. (hint Hint) :lol:

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

Yes he has coached both Middle School and High School for years.
Was offensive cordinator for a few years at a High School program I believe. Has experience on both sides of the ball.

The program should be fine, he has plenty of coaching experience and been in the head coaching role for a long time in wrestling.

maddog54
Riding the Bench

Post by maddog54 »

Botcowa just gave you a big clue.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Where was he the Offensive coordinator?

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Where have i been, i didnt know SE had a wrestling team!!

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

SE has has a Wrestling team in the club form for a few years now. I believe last year was the first time they were considered an OHSAA team

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Bengalsfan76, The person you are discussing was the OC at Waverly for 2 years under Derrick Dewitt.
Last edited by JohnKnight on Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wrestlefan
JV Team

Post by wrestlefan »

well, ill let the cat out of the hat i guess... i will be named the head footbal coach at southeastern tonight.. my name is reggie wax... i am not going to be a big huddler or anything, i just want to put out a little about myself to try to prevent the rumor mill from starting.....
i started coaching in 1994 at bellbrook in dayton.. coached there for a few years while in college..... after graduating from wright state, i got a teaching job in cincinnati and started coaching at cincinnati indian hill... i was there for four years.. one trip to the playoffs..coached with a very very good staff in kevin siple and mike theissen... bill dennis pretty much got me to come to chillicothe... my first year in chilli was 99 when we made the playoffs and won the first playof game in chill's history... derek dewitt was the d coordinator and we did the defense together... when coach dewitt got the head coaching job at waverly, i went with him and was the offensive coordinator.. we had one great year where we averaged in the upper 30's per game and in the playoffs.. we had one bad year... when derek left waverly, i did also and returned to chilli... i coached varsity at chilli for one year and decided it just wasnt right for me at the time... i coached middle school for two years because i love the game... since then i have gotten married, had my first kid(well, my wife did..lol)and moved out to vinton county...
i really dont feel like i had tp out a resume or anything about me on here, but coming in this late i am sure there are a lot of questions about how this came to be for me and southeastern..
we have the staff put together and am really looking forward to our first day of camp on monday...
i wont be a big reader of the huddle, but will be around here from time to time... anyone can feel free to call me
reggie wax

Return to “Football”