Re: Chillicothe 7 on 7 with London

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

From the Cavs' Calendar...

7 on 7s:
Wed - 7/9 - 10am at Capital University
Sat - 7/12 - 8am at Westfall
Tue - 7/15 - 10am at Capital University

Scrimmages:
Sat - 8/9 - Blue/White Intrasquad 10am-12pm (at Herrnstein)
Mon - 8/11 - vs McClain 5pm (at Herrnstein)
Fri - 8/15 - at St. Charles 7:30pm (Varsity)

Season Opener:
Fri - 8/22 - at Brookhaven

ravens 2
Waterboy

Post by ravens 2 »

at the 7 on 7 the first teamers really did'nt play much at all. most of the youngins played so they could get some reps because they all won't be attending the 7 on 7 at capital.

OSU Buckeyes 5
Waterboy

Post by OSU Buckeyes 5 »

ravens 2 wrote:at the 7 on 7 the first teamers really did'nt play much at all. most of the youngins played so they could get some reps because they all won't be attending the 7 on 7 at capital.

How did the first teamers look then? We can exclude everyone else if you want to. Was Knights sharp? What about Benson and the other receivers? Did the first team defense look ok?

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

OSU- Knights looked sharp as always but the receivers didn't help him out much by many dropped balls. Benson had tonisilitis (sp?) so he didn't see much action. Like I said before this years team doesn't have as many athletes as in years passed. The spread is not the calling this year even with Knights behind center. They will need to have Knights, Deere and Oates run the ball to set up the passing because the passing won't work when they do it 80% of the time.

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

chilli looked good but had several dropped passes, and just looked like they were a little out of sync. they will be fine and remember these are passing scrimmages, its easy for a team to defend the pass when they know its coming every play and as someone mentioned earlier the starters didn't see much action in this one for chilli, london played theirs most of the scrimmage. and i don't think chilli will be passing the ball 80% of the time this season. they will have a pretty good o-line this year and should have some talented running backs so i don't see them passing all of the time. we'll see what they do on Wednesday at the Capital passing scrimmage, when the starters will be playing most of the time.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

How did the Chillicothe 7 on 7 go today at Capital. Anyone go that has any info ?????

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

I will also be interested to see if we get any response out of the Chillicothe faithful.

Hopsing
Riding the Bench

Post by Hopsing »

Was told by a board member today the team did very well going 7-1 and winning the 7 on 7. He wasn't sure which teams were there butsaid there were teams from Columbus and Dayton. Anyone who went could probably tell us more.

Blu_n_Whyt
Freshman Team

Post by Blu_n_Whyt »

The Cavs finished with an 8-1 record and won the tournament. Claymount, Waynesville, Groveport Madison and other teams from Columbus and Dayton participated. Chillicothe's loss came to Waynesville, who they had to beat twice to win the tourney.

Waynesville and Groveport were playoff teams last season (the Crusiers knocked out Brookhaven in the first round).

I was not there, but received this info first hand. No comment on how the kids performed. Perhaps winning 8 of 9 is enough to know?

Next is Westfall this Saturday and a return trip to Capital Tuesday.

chillout
Riding the Bench

Post by chillout »

SouthernStorm-Nice mature comment.

As far as the 7 on 7 goes Chillicothe did in fact go 8-1. There was only 4 teams there including Chillicothe, the other three have already been mentioned. Each team played each other 3 times and that's how they got the overall record. No tournament followed.

Army
S

Post by Army »

I heard from one of the coaches that Caleb was in form in those 7-7 passing scrimmages. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

beezee420
Freshman Team

Post by beezee420 »

Army wrote:I heard from one of the coaches that Caleb was in form in those 7-7 passing scrimmages. :-D

GO CAVS :!:

yes he was. the receivers looked good and the defense looked very good in the scrimmages. i'd say it was a good day for the Cavs.

The Cavs also went to Westfall on Saturday. They looked allright, but also were without Knights, Benson, Smith, Grow, and C. Smith(vacations with families). So the Cavs had to go to the 3rd, 4th, and 5th string QB's. The freshman and sophmores got alot of reps in this one.

Chilli goes back to Capital sometime this week. We'll see how they look in that one.

Go Cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Football”