Top 10 teams in the area?

revjimjones
Riding the Bench

Re: Top 10 teams in the area?

Post by revjimjones »

I'll just go ahead and do it since all the ARN-ton fans think it but won't say it:

1. Arn-ton
2. Arn-ton
3.Arn-ton
4.Arn-ton
5. Arn-ton
6. Arn-ton
7. Arn-ton
8. Arn-ton
9. Arn-ton
10. Arn-ton

madpolecat
All State

Post by madpolecat »

revjimjones wrote:I'll just go ahead and do it since all the ARN-ton fans think it but won't say it:

1. Arn-ton
2. Arn-ton
3.Arn-ton
4.Arn-ton
5. Arn-ton
6. Arn-ton
7. Arn-ton
8. Arn-ton
9. Arn-ton
10. Arn-ton

In the style of Nelson on The Simpsons....

"Ha-Ha!"

billcox
Varsity

Post by billcox »

Lets take a look at Jackons's remaining schedule.

Portsmouth (home)
GAHS (away)
Marietta (away)
Ironton (away)
Chilly (home)
Logan (home)
Zville (home)

As of now the schedule is set up nicely for Jackson to be one of the top teams in the area at seasons end. The Ironmen should be 6-0 heading into the gauntlet that is the last four weeks of the regular season. Those last four weeks will tell the true story of how this Jackson team stacks up against the best that this area has to offer. If they can walk away from those last four weeks with a record of no worse than 2-2, then they will have completed a very successful regular season and be headed for another playoff appearance.

boogerred
All State

Post by boogerred »

As for Jackson,
It is tough to beat Ironton at home, so I predict Jackson to lose that one.
They'll get Chilli.
Logan will be rough.
I think they can knock off Zanesville at home - knowing they'll need the win to get in the playoffs

DRIFTER
Freshman Team

Post by DRIFTER »

SE0Fan Football Fan;

Where do you get your info on TRi Valley? Are you from the Zanesville area? Tri- Valley lost a ton off a very good football team last year. Tri Valley will be lucky to finish third in the MVL this year. They have had two winning seasons in the last I beleive 20 years. They have been in the bottom of the MVL for over 20 years. They beat a Maysville team 20-7 that is terrible. I beleive Sheridan beat Maysville 54-7 and pulled their starters in the beginning of the second quarter. New Lex and Sheridan both better than TRi- Valley. All this talk on here. Logan and Sheridan, hands down easily the best two teams in the area. Both rated in the top of the state, both loaded with talent. Wheelersburg can not stay on the field with either, get real. As bad as Chillicothe got beat up by Sheridan, they still have more talent than anyone else besides Sheridan and Logan. All Chilli needs to do is put it together and they have a pretty good season. It's Sheridan, Logan and the rest you can argue. But if you are honest these two are in another league!
Last edited by DRIFTER on Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

SEOFootballFan wrote:1.Logan-It's self explained why they should be number one. Undefeated with a tough schedule and playing the best football around right now.
2.Tri-Valley- VERY good football team that doesnt get much respect around here. If you see what this team has then you would understand. I dont think they are untouchable but untill someone destroys them they show they are one of the best teams around.
3.Wheelersburg-Just about the same thing as Logan but a notch lower in the schedule sofar and notch below where Logan is right now. But Burg is a very good football team.
4. Sheridan- Playing great ball and have a lot of talent on that team. Plus they always compete with anybody.
5.West- They put up great expectations by thrashing Portsmouth, but was that just a lucky game? I don't think it was but we will see.
6.Jackson-They are 3-0 so far but all they have beat it Waverly which is down a little bit this year. One player can only carry a team so far, just look at Waverly. We really won't be able to tell what Jackson has till late this year around the last 3 weeks.
7.Ironton-One of those teams that if they start clickin soon they can be very dangerous. I think they have the talent to compete with the best around. One loss to a good team but that was also the first game of the year.
8..Chillicothe- I will give the Cavs some credit. They play an extremely tough schedule and hung in with some very tough teams. Throw out there record when you come to play this team.9.Miami Trace- Maybe I should put them a little higher on my list but I dont know a lot about this team, but there record says enough so far and they always have a good program.

10.Minford-Yes they are 3-0 but look at who they have played. Some of you people have them really high. Yes they are a very good football team but they would be an average team in the SEOAL or the other tough leagues around here. Till they beat Burg and Waverly they stay down here.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ THIS LIST MAKES THE MOST SENCE TO ME. BUT IRONTON CLOSES WITH A BEASTY SCHEDULE AS WELL. THERE LAST 7 ARE.

ASHLAND-HOME
LOGAN-AWAY
CHILLICOTHE - AWAY
JACKSON- HOME
PORTSMOUTH -AWAY
NELSONVILLE -YORK-AWAY
WARREN-HOME. ---------------------------------------- ANY WAY YOU LOOK AT IT THATS A BEAST, FOR A TEAM BARELY A D4 TEAM NOW.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

DRIFTER wrote:SE0Fan Football Fan;

Where do you get your info on TRi Valley? Are you from the Zanesville area? Tri- Valley lost a ton off a very good football team last year. Tri Valley will be lucky to finish third in the MVL this year. They have had two winning seasons in the last I beleive 20 years. They have been in the bottom of the MVL for over 20 years. They beat a Maysville team 20-7 that is terrible. I beleive Sheridan beat Maysville 54-7 and pulled their starters in the beginning of the second quarter. New Lex and Sheridan both better than TRi- Valley. All this talk on here. Logan and Sheridan, hands down easily the best two teams in the area. Both rated in the top of the state, both loaded with talent. Wheelersburg can not stay on the field with either, get real. As bad as Chillicothe got beat up by Sheridan, they still have more talent than anyone else besides Sheridan and Logan. All Chilli needs to do is put it together and they have a pretty good season. It's Sheridan, Logan and the rest you can argue. But if you are honest these two are in another league!

Where do you get your information from? Tri-Valley IS better than New Lex. Yes, Tri-Valley did lose a lot but return just as much. Ryan Spiker is a W.V recruit that had 10 other big time d-1 offers, no one on last years team can say the same. Clay Cameron is better now than Cam West was a junior & is a better runner. Their Runningbacks are MUCH better this year than the past, so now they can establish a rushing game in their Spread Offense to make them even that much better.

My Top Ten

1. Sheridan
2. Tri-Valley
3. Logan
4. Wheelersburg
5. New Lex
6. Portsmouth West
7. Jackson
8. Ironton
9. Chillicothe
10. Minford

Return to “Football”