WK 5 (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Who will win?

Total votes: 0

bushhawg
Waterboy

Re: Week 5: (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by bushhawg »

it's time to get it back to the days of the 80's when we were waxing N-Y for 2 QT then letting the JV's play!! good luck marauders, GO MEIGS !!! l

alexanderspartan
Waterboy

Post by alexanderspartan »

Meigs 4-0
+
Nelsonville-York going into 2 overtimes with 0-4 Wellston
+
a janitor running the show for York
=
A Meigs Victory!

welfarewillie
Waterboy

Post by welfarewillie »

Spent over 15 years as an official in SEO. Nobody is perfect or you wouldn't be on this earh. Officials make mistakes and some good ones admit to a mistake when they make it. But until you have been in their shoes and had to make he call in no less than a second or two. I really don't know Dave Boston, Jr but from what I have seen of his career, he is a class act just like his Dad, Dave Sr. I have worked many games for Boston Sr and am sure neither one would ever ask an official to cheat.

Let the players play the game and as an official make the calls that you should make from your position. I have never been able to figure out how any official can score and it would be really hard to cheat for one team or the other. It really p***** me off for fans to blame some one else for their own team's mistakes.

As far as game is concerned, have a lot of friends from both coaching staffs but since I was born and raised and taught at Meigs, now that I am no longer an official (124115 was my permit number for Ohio), I have to say, GO MEIGS, beat NY. Also, GO WAHAMA, long trip to Buckeye Trail, and hope we can bring home win number 4.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

This game could go either way, I hope that it is a good one to watch cause I'll be there.Picking Meigs to win in a close one.Good luck to both teams.

ATownWarrior
Freshman Team

Post by ATownWarrior »

alexanderspartan wrote:Meigs 4-0
+
+
=
A Meigs Victory!

(EDITED BY OZZIEOHIO) im tired of getting on different post and seeing consistantly calling out coach boston, based on the fact that he is a janitor. you have embarrased the alexander community with remarks like the ones above. do us all a favor and either shut it, or stop putting boston down on every forum.

as far as officials. there are two places you can always count on the refs lending a helping hand. 1.) is glouster. the tomcats can always find refs who will pitch in at the shingle inn(spelling). 2.) is welston. the rockets always rind refs who can find a holding call in a basketball game. regardless when it comes down to it the teams decide the outcome.

i think i will pick NY in this one. cant help but feel that they have meigs outmanned.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

fasteach wrote:the last 2 meigs vs. nelsonville gameas was won by the guys in the tiger shirts and players who should not have been there. what will friday bring? meigs wins straight up. unfortunately that is not how i figure the game will be called.

Here we go, the refs always put the screws to teams at N-Y. The Buckeyes
have not had many breaks by refs at home in years. How about not demeaning
a team by saying a games were won by refs. Your statement is b.s.
Back to the issue: N-Y in a close game with a tough and well coached team
N-Y 16
Meigs 0

sandman
Freshman Team

Post by sandman »

I think Meigs wins this time.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

as i said straight up meigs wins. if nelsonville does not want to hear away teams always complaining about the refs the then clean up your act.
how is that for easy to understand?

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

You know i have to laugh at the people that thinks the BUCKEYES Screw everybody that comes to NY. When 1 of 2 SMALL SCHOOLS BELPRE NY Has more league TITLES THAN THE bigger SCHOOLS .NY IS NO PUSH OVER TO GET THE TITLE MEIGS HAS TO EARN IT AND THEY HAVENT. Year end year out EVERYBODY SAY ITS OUR YEAR AND THE BUCKEYES PROVE THEM WRONG. ITS LIKE THIS WANT SOME COME GET SOME. GO BUCKEYES

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

hey ny bucks you are right this will be our toughest game to date. but kindly explain how meigs goes from first and goal on the 2 to 4th and goal from the the 45? i will, personal foul, holding, holding illegal procedure. i will bet you not any of that involved ny's defence and did involve the ref's. how many times can you call holding in 1 game?

TroopSports
Freshman Team

Re: WK 5 (4-0, 1-0) Meigs @ (3-1, 1-0) Nelsonville-York

Post by TroopSports »

This game can be heard on Power 105 (WXTQ) in Athens. You can also listen to a live streaming broadcast of the game online by clicking the following link: mms://132.235.236.177/WXTQ

Caleb Troop and Rollie Swart will call the action, with pre-game coverage kicking off at 7:15.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

fasteach wrote:as i said straight up meigs wins. if nelsonville does not want to hear away teams always complaining about the refs the then clean up your act.
how is that for easy to understand?

Its so funny on here that anyone who wins at home Does it with help from the officials. I watched the game on 15 between Athens and Meigs and really thought if the game were better officiated that Athens would have won this game. The pass interference calls were amazing. Yet the some Meigs fans are already with an excuse before the game is even played. Ask the Athens fans what they thought of the officiating at Meigs last game.

gpgm6566
Varsity

Post by gpgm6566 »

Belpre won at NY., the officiating was as good as any I saw all season.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

alexanderspartan wrote:Meigs 4-0
+
+
=
A Meigs Victory!

I will give you one thing, he was a Janitor when he won championships at Alex. How have the other coaches faired since that time? You know the ones with the degree's. Has there been any other coach since 1975, from Alex, won a league championship in football other than Boston? So what you are really saying is this Janitor has been the best coach Alex has ever had and he has out coached everyone in the league 4 out of the last 5 years? Now let me get this straight. The guy who "cleans up puke" has been the best coach for Alex in the last 30 years and has been coach of the year in the Ohio Div. 4 out of the 5 years he has coached in it. Now What does that tell you about your teams coach and what does it say about the others in the area? Just wondering since you think being a janitor was a discrace. But thank you for pointing that out for all of us that thought being a janitor could no way mean you could coach. These guys with degree's need to quit taking it easy on NY....

As for NY and Meigs. This should be a good game. Meigs is very well coached and have some very good skill players. They are 4-0 and confident in their team. NY has played some good teams and this should be a very good game to watch between two of the top teams in the league. I know each team respects the others ability and will prepare hard for each other.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

hey amos, who had a 25 yard run called back during the game? i bet it was meigs. was that important? meigs could have run the clock out instead of punting. forgot that one huh? how about the facemask penalty in the 2nd quarter? athens had 2 calls go against them both of which contact WAS made.
sounds pretty even to me!

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Fast teach: Let me type real slow . I said ask the Athens fans what they thought. I am not an athens fan.... :122245

Let me ask you this. Why did the officials give the kicker all the time he needed to put his shoe on? I have never seen that done before. It should be a delay of game or time out.

I was making the point that who ever is the home team is always accused of home cooking.

Meigs_74
Waterboy

Post by Meigs_74 »

Why does it matter how long the kicker got... they gave both teams the same amount.

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

let ME type real slow. if you have no dogs in this fight STAY OUT :lol:

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

I got no dogs in the fight. They're Buckeyes! :lol:
Last edited by Hugh Jase on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!! LET'S MAKE IT 17 WINS OUT OF THE LAST 20 GAMES PLAYED AGAINST MEIGS!!!!!!!!!!! :122245

Return to “Football”