WK 7 Meigs @ Vinton County

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Re: WK 7 Meigs @ Vinton County

Post by Hugh Jase »

I watched VC and Athens on the cable. I dont know what else the VC coaches could do. The kids are playing their hearts out but the talent is just not there. Every time they tried to pass against Athens the QB was under great pressure but they moved the ball ok on the ground. They are not that far off but they dont have the one or two studs like many teams around do. Now the kids are thinking about basketball and not getting hurt before it starts. there is nothing on the line(not refering to linemen) for them. I dont think the coaches can do much more.

Heard the Meigs QB is done. Hope he heals up soon.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

AmosMoses wrote:I watched VC and Athens on the cable. I dont know what else the VC coaches could do. The kids are playing their hearts out but the talent is just not there. Every time they tried to pass against Athens the QB was under great pressure but they moved the ball ok on the ground. They are not that far off but they dont have the one or two studs like many teams around do. Now the kids are thinking about basketball and not getting hurt before it starts. there is nothing on the line(not refering to linemen) for them. I dont think the coaches can do much more.

Heard the Meigs QB is done. Hope he heals up soon.

Well put! I just think the Vikings are young and still learning.

capcitysportsfan
Waterboy

Post by capcitysportsfan »

bringdanoise, let the man speak his opinion...nobody started anything until u want to beef with mward cuz u dont agree with his opinion. well buddy opinions are like a**holes everybody has one...this site is a forum for expressing them so leave mward alone ...everyone should have their opionion on here...let the mods decide wat is right and wrong .....as far as vc football goes i think they have some great athletes on that team and i just hope the best for those boys ....vc football is in the same boat as the U.S. economy :( we need a bailout

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

AmosMoses wrote:I watched VC and Athens on the cable. I dont know what else the VC coaches could do. The kids are playing their hearts out but the talent is just not there. Every time they tried to pass against Athens the QB was under great pressure but they moved the ball ok on the ground. They are not that far off but they dont have the one or two studs like many teams around do. Now the kids are thinking about basketball and not getting hurt before it starts. there is nothing on the line(not refering to linemen) for them. I dont think the coaches can do much more.

Good post...I agree.

Yates needs to reevaluated the direction of VC's program. I honestly think its not all his fault. VC's administration should be held accountable for their short-sighted decisions of recent past. It's time that they quit thinking about a "quick fix" and look for a structured "long term" solution.

rut151
Freshman Team

Post by rut151 »

Meigs by as many as they want, although they will not run the score up and remain a class program.

PLEASANTFLYER
JV Team

Post by PLEASANTFLYER »

meigs 22 vc 20...

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Gameday! Let's Go Vikings! I believe!

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

Vikings in an upset???? Not likely, but it could happen.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

With or without the QB, Meigs wins this one........

My question is can he return in the next couple of weeks, or is he completely done :?:

He is a good football player, and I hope he can continue :(

godsgeneral
Freshman Team

Post by godsgeneral »

Meigs 41
VC 7

Final

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

ouch :arrow:

Marauder_2010
Freshman Team

Post by Marauder_2010 »

4 HORSEMEN wrote:With or without the QB, Meigs wins this one........

My question is can he return in the next couple of weeks, or is he completely done :?:

He is a good football player, and I hope he can continue :(

Jacob was back in the line up tonight... and it looked like that knee healed pretty good... im sure he was well over 200 yrds....also smith ran the ball well tonight too.....but all around a good team win for Meigs.

4 HORSEMEN
JV Team

Post by 4 HORSEMEN »

Glad to hear that he is OK and playing again

You really don't want a high school athlete to miss 1 minute of playing time due to injury :!:

Congrats Meigs (but more than the win, I'm glad you got your QB back) ;-)

fasteach
Varsity

Post by fasteach »

i was glad that gabe had a great game. we was hoping he would break out at some time this year. a good game, vinton should have had more fans. that school has had too much success not to have earned the backing of the community. i just do not understand why vinton insisted on baptizing everyone at the end? :lol:

Return to “Football”