WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Re: WK 8 (7-0) West @ (6-1) Minford (Co-Game of Week)

Post by fanatic23 »

minfords run defense must not be that good from what i heard at the burg game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

fanatic23 wrote:minfords run defense must not be that good from what i heard at the burg game

if its not, they're in trouble this week.

Minford looked good against Waverly. They have good athletes and speed. I really like the double wing and they run it well. To stop it though, you need good DE's and LB's, and West has that. We've already seen this type of offense against SP and faired well. Hope we keep it rolling, it's not gonna be easy.

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

Let`s see; Minford Defence couldn`t stop Burg (14pts)
West holds Waverly to 20yrds total offence
Minford gives up 14 points to Waverly offence !
Looks as though the Falcon`s have no chance !

But One thing !
We will be there Friday Night!

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

West in another dandy SOC II game. Good Luck to both teams.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

BurgBalla wrote:Rooting for Minford to win by 2-3 scores.

I doubt it would happen, but looks like Minford was really solid tonight vs Burg and I'm wishing and hoping that West isn't nearly the team they are so that it makes our path easier!

I doubt it, and that's not a prediction, just hoping :)

i agree 100%. i would love to see the falcons beat west at home and make the soc title the burgs to lose but IMHO i don't see it happening. i see it bein west 9-0 v.s. burg 9-0 in the last game of the season.

i think west will be too much for minford. sorry minford fans but thats just IMHO. west. 35-14 west

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Good luck to Minford! I hope you put this week in your fuel tank and use your anger and disappointment against the Siders. Should be a great game. I don't think anybody in the area has a tougher midseason schedule than Minford. Granted everybody schedules a relatively soft first few games, but when you get to the meat of the schedule nobody has it tougher than Minford. Look at the mighty Burg playing Northwest...come on, might as well be a bye. When The Almighty BURG meets West they will come crumbling off the hill!!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck to the Falcons!!! GO RED!!!!!!!

Flock_92
Freshman Team

Post by Flock_92 »

Redman wrote:Let`s see; Minford Defence couldn`t stop Burg (14pts)

But One thing !

Keep telling yourself that. Minford is the real deal. Coach D's going to have the boys ready for you. Hope you have some db's. We got some boys who can catch the ball too!!! :shock: We don't just have to run the ball, but we do that very well to. We are deep too. When you think you are wearing us down....lookout here comes some equal subs, running over you and hitting you in the mouth. Good luck to the Falcons!!!!

BlindSided
Waterboy

Post by BlindSided »

West has some great dbs in Perry and journey at corners, and swords and Bricker at saftys. All four of them are 3 year starters. so i think our dbs are in great shape for a passing offense just look what they did last night...

awesomepossum
Freshman Team

Post by awesomepossum »

Good Luck Falcons!

Theres still a chance at Tri-Champs! ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

westside_rebel
Riding the Bench

Post by westside_rebel »

Good Ol' Fashioned Slobber-Knocker

I'll say West comes out still undefeated and still looking for a 9-0 vs 9-0 Week 10 matchup.

Good luck to both teams, no injuries and may my Siders ROLL ON.

anyone hear something...

BEEP, BEEP.....Thar goes a SIDER!!!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

falconbacker92 wrote:
Redman wrote:Let`s see; Minford Defence couldn`t stop Burg (14pts)

But One thing !

Keep telling yourself that. Minford is the real deal. Coach D's going to have the boys ready for you. Hope you have some db's. We got some boys who can catch the ball too!!! :shock: We don't just have to run the ball, but we do that very well to. We are deep too. When you think you are wearing us down....lookout here comes some equal subs, running over you and hitting you in the mouth. Good luck to the Falcons!!!!

man that was a Minford fan being sarcastic

OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN
Waterboy

Post by OUT ON THE MOUNTAIN »

Coach Trip will have his team ready for a fight. They have the taste of "playoff's" in their mouths and they aren't going to lay down now. Good luck West!
From an Oak Hill fan... See you up north Coach T.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

This will be the best team that West has played thus far. Make no mistake about it, we shot our selves in the foot last night. I'm not going to elaborate on it, the kids feel bad enough. The Burg dodged a bullet last night.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

No doubt Minford will be the best team we've played so far, they are very talented. Sounds like Minford turnovers cost Minford the game last night. West will be ready next week.

oldcoachb
JV Team

Post by oldcoachb »

siderman wrote:No doubt Minford will be the best team we've played so far, they are very talented. Sounds like Minford turnovers cost Minford the game last night. West will be ready next week.

Yeah, you can't do that against the Burg or West.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

MadDog.. get a grip son. Take away 3 turnovers and minfords wins this game going away. Should have been 14-0 early. I look for a very angry minford ball club to come out early and often against west. I see Joel Williams having a big game on the ground.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

falconbacker92 wrote:Good luck to Minford! I hope you put this week in your fuel tank and use your anger and disappointment against the Siders. Should be a great game. I don't think anybody in the area has a tougher midseason schedule than Minford. Granted everybody schedules a relatively soft first few games, but when you get to the meat of the schedule nobody has it tougher than Minford. Look at the mighty Burg playing Northwest...come on, might as well be a bye. When The Almighty BURG meets West they will come crumbling off the hill!!!! :lol: :lol:

Good luck to the Falcons!!! GO RED!!!!!!!

When should the burg play northwest? The burg hears the same thing every week, " the burgs a good team but we made to many mistakes, we would have won if we could have held on to the ball".

falcon1
Varsity

Post by falcon1 »

I guess my post wasn`t to clear for some people !
I know MINFORD will be ready. It`s "Senior Night", and I don`t think these Boy`s will loose their last regular season Home game ! I believe there will be a lot of focus on ball handling this week ! When I played, if you fumbled, you carried a ball all day Monday at school, and if someone took it from you , @ practice you run laps !!
Coach D will take from this last game and build on it for the next.

Proud
To Be A
FALCON !

GO# 41 ! THE PUNISHER !

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

NewEra wrote:MadDog.. get a grip son. Take away 3 turnovers and minfords wins this game going away. Should have been 14-0 early. I look for a very angry minford ball club to come out early and often against west. I see Joel Williams having a big game on the ground.

Yea, take away the two penalties when Burg was driving it down the field and Burg has two more scores on the board. After the penalties, as well as moving them back, it took some of the momentum out of them.

IMO, this is a must win for either, probably more so for West then Minford as they are setting at 7th in the computer poll. A loss will more than likely take them out of the top 8 and put them in a position to have to win the last two weeks.

burggrad_2000
Riding the Bench

Post by burggrad_2000 »

I look for Minford "fix" there problems from last night. I hope that Minford can beat West, but IMHO, i just dont see it, but i have been wrong before.

Minford is going to want a "win" real bad since the close loss to BURG..

Good Luck Minford!

but on a side note...two 9-0 teams playing in week ten would be a great game, but BURG has to play Northwest and Waverly...

Has there been two 9-0 teams playing we week 10 in our area? The last time I can remeber was my senior year(i think)...BURG vs PHS...PHS won 28-21...

Return to “Football”