SEOPS HO

Re: WK 8 Warren @ Logan

Post by biggdowgg »

pleaase dont start talking about BIGGER, you will for sure get a lecture :roll:

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

biggdowgg wrote:pleaase dont start talking about BIGGER, you will for sure get a lecture :roll:

Those who give respect, get it.

I'm anxious to see an improved Warren team on Friday night. I was a senior in high school the last time Warren won 4 games in a season and I can remember going to Warren when they were 4-0 or 3-1 for a huge game.

Logan needs to keep getting better, because if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. We took a step backward week 6 against Zanesville, but came back with a great effort last week.

It was nice to have Zach McDaniel back in the line-up, coming up with 3 catches, and captain Stephen Miller looked healthy at DT after suffering an injury against Ironton.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LoganLocos wrote:
biggdowgg wrote:pleaase dont start talking about BIGGER, you will for sure get a lecture :roll:

Those who give respect, get it.

I'm anxious to see an improved Warren team on Friday night. I was a senior in high school the last time Warren won 4 games in a season and I can remember going to Warren when they were 4-0 or 3-1 for a huge game.

Logan needs to keep getting better, because if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. We took a step backward week 6 against Zanesville, but came back with a great effort last week.

It was nice to have Zach McDaniel back in the line-up, coming up with 3 catches, and captain Stephen Miller looked healthy at DT after suffering an injury against Ironton.

I know Exactly what you mean
8) 8)

Botcowa
Riding the Bench

Post by Botcowa »

What key players does Warren have? Anyone to watch?

Don't need logans...already have those. lol Thanks.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

botcowa -

Seth Wellspring is their leading rusher even though he missed the first half of the year due to academics. Andrew Coffman has had a good year running the football, and Andrew Dunfee is one of the fastest backs in the league.

Warren runs the wing-t, which Logan has not seen this season to date.

They have a solid QB in Clay Ellenwood, and his top targets are Grant Venham and Tyler Cox along with Dunfee out of the backfield.

Defensively, Kaleb Wolfe is outstanding linebacker and they have more size on both sides of the ball than they have in the past 4-5 years.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Let's not forget Kyle Pritt...junior linebacker on a hot streak right now.

And Warren's O-line is the best it's been in years thanks to some stud seniors.

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

i dont see it logan too dominant :mrgreen:

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Logan won't roll over Warren like they did last year at Warren, but they will still win handily.

Logan has better football players at seemingly every position, they are better coached, have better skill players, and don't put the ball on the turf. Those are the makings of a great football team, hence their success.

This is a good measuring stick of seeing how far Warren has come. If Warren can be within 28 points, I am going to be happy. Knowing what they have done to us over the years, that would be an achievement.

Keep getting better each week. Stay healthy and concentrate on Chilly and Ironton

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

i think it with be closer then in years past but, logans way too strong for warren.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Swami -

You coming up?

I'm anxious to see how far Warren has come since last year. I agree that Warren should compete much better than they have in recent years, but I still think this is the best Logan team in recent years and they should still handle the Warriors.

But there is a reason they play the game. It's important for Logan to keep improving each week. I hope we see another step forward on Friday.

We control our own destiny according to JoeEitel, now its time to go out and stay in control.

swamisez
JV Team

Post by swamisez »

Sadly no,

I moved down to the boonies of Southern WV so my Warren football watching has gotten sparse. I plan on going to the Ironton game at Ironton.

I am depending on SEOPS for updates each friday.

lhsfan97
Freshman Team

Post by lhsfan97 »

I knew Logan was going to go 10-0 this season after week one. This is the best Logan team I have seen since I followed them in the playoffs and they lost in the D1 regional finals to UA.

No one in southeastern ohio beats this team. logans next real test will be in the playoffs

thief
Waterboy

Post by thief »

Logan needs to keep their eye on the prize. One week at a time. Keep focused on improving each week and repeat SEOAL Champions.

loyaldevilfan
JV Team

Post by loyaldevilfan »

I will take Logan BIG this week........I think they got their dud game out of their system... Good luck to both teams....

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

It is obvious that Warren is improving. They have more participation, players have been in the weight room, and they have talent. This is the first time in 3 years that they have had the same coach for two seasons. They have four wins already with three games yet to play. Having said that, Logan is as good as they have ever been. Playing Logan is a tall challenge for any team, let alone a team that is still rebuilding. Here are the differences I see. The first, and perhaps the biggest, difference is the fact that the Logan players have not had to deal with the chaos that the Warren players have endured. They are a mature group that have been consistently groomed by the Logan program. Warren is better with regard to "football maturity" than they have been in years, but the players on this team have still had to go through some things that normal teams have not. For example, these players have not been coached consistently throughout their careers. They have had different schemes and philosophies thrown at them over and over again, and at times haven't really been coached very well at all. Again, Warren has made huge progress that last couple years, but you can't make up for all of the damage done by the chaos in just two seasons. Logan has an advantage in terms of team depth. They will not get as tired, and they will have better bodies to put in the game when starters take a break. Logan is bigger than Warren, but the disparity here is not as great as years past. Logan may have better overall team speed, but I don't know if Logan is wildly faster. Warren has speed of it's own this year. So, Logan has the obvious advantage (duh).

For Warren to be in the ball park they have to do a few things. First, they have to play like they can win. No taking plays off because, "Logan's going to win anyway." Second, special teams must provide reasonable field position. They can't start from the 20 every possession. Third, Warren can't turn the ball over. Turnovers against Logan will be deadly. Fourth, the pass defense has to improve as much for this game as it has for the last two games. Warren can't let Logan have big play after big play. Too many times Warren has had an offense bogged down facing 3rd and long, and they have passed out of it. Fifth, Warren has to score in the Red Zone. This has been a team bugaboo all season. Finally, it would be nice if they could get some pressure on Angle. Zanesville did, and it worked (usually does!).

Maybe I just described Warren playing the "perfect" game. Perhaps that's what it will take. But, at various times throughout the season Warren has done each of these things well. Friday, they will have to do them all well at that same time.

Most importantly, the Warriors cannot give up. The way the team conducts itself in this game will likely determine how the rest of the season goes. One thing that I know for sure . . . this team has the support of the community. We are very proud of what they have accomplished.

Big. Bad. Blue.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

i don't think that "giving up" is a big problem for these boys.

they've got pretty solid heads on their shoulders, and they're going to work and prepare to do everything they can to win.

Go Blue!

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

I can see a Warren team that is much improved and I feel they will make a good accounting of themselves. But this is Logan's year and I know the boys have a bad taste in their mouth of how last year ended. They will not overlook anyone the rest of the season. Too much Chieftains as they take in home cooking for the last time in the regular season and have every intention of being back here week 11.

qualified101
SEO

Post by qualified101 »

lhsfan97 wrote:I knew Logan was going to go 10-0 this season after week one. This is the best Logan team I have seen since I followed them in the playoffs and they lost in the D1 regional finals to UA.

No one in southeastern ohio beats this team. logans next real test will be in the playoffs

cant look past week 10 at chilli.

zbd
Freshman Team

Post by zbd »

I would like to say Warren is improving but they are not at least not enough to compete with LOGAN. I am sure if they could drop them off the schedule they would Just like they did zville LOGAN BIG!!!! JV game by 2nd Q

BigBlueinsider
Riding the Bench

Post by BigBlueinsider »

zbd wrote:I would like to say Warren is improving but they are not at least not enough to compete with LOGAN. I am sure if they could drop them off the schedule they would Just like they did zville LOGAN BIG!!!! JV game by 2nd Q

Warren has been in every game this year including Z'ville (14-3 at half, with three missed opportunities in the red zone in the 1st and 2nd Qtrs.) If I am not mistaken Z'ville could have beaten Logan @ Logan, only losing 16-14. I guess what I am saying is that Warren will give Logan a test. We'll see Fri. nite how much. As for the jvs, you'd better wait and see. Stranger things have happened.....

This year's team has more than turned the ship(program) around, we're moving in the right direction, and we're picking up speed.

We're getting closer and closer to our return to old Warren football.

Return to “Football”