Re: Athens 09

Post by mister b »

^^^^
I agree

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

gahs4ever wrote:I was answering the post above mine which mentioned he heard Athens was DVI and then when enrollment was mentioned (if you will reread my post), I stated that Athens hasnt always been down in the money making sports and along with that that the move (in hindsight for me) makes a lot of sense. How is that not getting over the fact that Athens left?

I don't think Orange and Brown was referring to your post, rather to other posts before it and the fact that some of the thread posters (BuckeyeCAV) still seem to harbor deep resentment to all things SEOAL, past and present. At least, that is the way I read it.

I also think that Athens will soon dominate the TVC Ohio in it's current format and it's members will rue the day that they let them in.

Athens made the right choice for it's student/athletes given all the circumstances involved.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

gahs4ever wrote:I was answering the post above mine which mentioned he heard Athens was DVI and then when enrollment was mentioned (if you will reread my post), I stated that Athens hasnt always been down in the money making sports and along with that that the move (in hindsight for me) makes a lot of sense. How is that not getting over the fact that Athens left?

I wasn't trying to lash out at you. I was reffering to all those people who can't seem to get ahold of the fact that they have no control over what schools do and don't do.
I just don't understand why some people can't seem to let this go. Every team gave Athens a good but wuppen on there farewell tour so move on.
Go dogs 9-1 :122245

buckfan84
All Conference

Post by buckfan84 »

I think gahs was referring to someone asking if Athens was a D 6 school. That came from a few posters making fun of Athens for scheduling Wahama because of the scheduling difficulties of a 7 team league.

Gahs and a few other posters aside, it is time to see that Athens made the right move and someday may be at the top to the TVC. But I am glad to see this league bringing in bigger schools and making the league a tougher league to be in.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree I would love to see the TVC as one of the better leages in SE Ohio

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Athens, Ohio is now the geographic center of the TVC. I would hope that they would become the leading force to an expansion of the TVC with larger teams. Hopefully, with that expansion, it will lead to a better competitive balance for all teams, large and small, present and future, within the TVC.

JHS4EVER
JV Team

Post by JHS4EVER »

1. Hocking, 2.?,3.? Good question, does anyone know for sure?

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

When the TVC was formed, it was assumed all expansion would take place in the three valleys of the area. Some schools are kind of in the middle of two valleys. The Three Valleys are:

1. Hocking River Valley (Miller, Trimble, Nelsonville-York, Athens, Alexander, Federal Hocking)
2. Ohio River Valley (Federal Hocking, Belpre, Meigs, Eastern, Southern)
3. Muskingum River Valley (Waterford, and Warren when Warren was in the TVC)

Vinton County and Wellston are the only two schools that are not near one of the three rivers.

As the league expanded, it didn't make as much headway into the Muskingum River Valley as it might have originally intended. I know at one time in the early 70's, Fort Frye was going to join the TVC, but something happened and they didn't actually join the league. And of course, most of the Muskingum RIver falls under MVL school territory, which means the Muskingum River Valley wasn't really a strong area of expansion for the TVC to begin with.

mister b
SEOP

Post by mister b »

Actually, Fort Frye was an original member of the TVC. I believe they won the TVC title in baseball in the spring of 1970. There were no fall sports champions in the 1969-70 school year. Fort Frye left the TVC at the end of the 1969-70 school year and joined the PVC. Nelsonville-York replaced them at the start of the 1970-71 school year and the first football champion (Belpre) was crowned in 1970 from the following teams, Belpre, Federal Hocking, Vinton County, Warren and Nelsonville.

That is how the "Tri-Valley" name came about. Fort Frye representing the Muskingdom river valley, Belpre and Warren the Ohio river valley and Federal Hocking representing the Hocking river valley. Vinton County was kind of out there somewhat tied to the Hocking river valley.

At least that is what I have been told.

Return to “Football”