Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by 4thgoal »

Oak wrote:Wheelersburg was driven by the offensive line the last couple years. They lost alot there. Lost underrated skill guys too.
Wheelersburg will have a couple linemen back, but have some good younger linemen coming up that will step in just fine and just need a little experience. Skill guys will not be an issue. There is a good group coming back and some younger guys coming in that won't miss a beat. I actually expect Burg to be more of a passing team this year with the new QB and a host of good receivers.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

4thgoal wrote:
Oak wrote:Wheelersburg was driven by the offensive line the last couple years. They lost alot there. Lost underrated skill guys too.
Wheelersburg will have a couple linemen back, but have some good younger linemen coming up that will step in just fine and just need a little experience. Skill guys will not be an issue. There is a good group coming back and some younger guys coming in that won't miss a beat. I actually expect Burg to be more of a passing team this year with the new QB and a host of good receivers.

Is the new QB already on the team or is a kid moving in ,I am pretty sure burg is getting a new kid , but someone from burg told me one of the younger kids already there is really good and should get the job?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Mack Dyer is already there. He is currently a 6'3" soon to be junior with a great arm and decent speed. If someone coming in plans on taking the job, he would have to be very very good to take the spot from someone already in the system.....IMO

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

4thgoal
Thanks , about what I heard

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

I believe Dyer is running on the relay team in cbus tomorrow

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm hoping the fighting tigers put together 4 solid quarters again the pirates and salt one away. this could be the catalyst to get jump started.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the one thing I don't understand say past 10 years. burg is always better conditioned and disciplined, and have a good game plan laid out for ironton. it just seems they are putting more into this game, and it's showing. ironton needs to be better prepared this season playbook wise, more diversity, more mentally and physically prepared and getting back to bustin folks right in the chops.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will be the favorite to win the region. If that's a down year I'll take it. Burt will have an explosion on offense. Their secondary takes a hit but the front 6 is still there. Look for Burg to be successful again.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BURT WHO. -------------------------- LORD I APOLOGIZE, SOMETIMES I CAN'T HELP MYSELF.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:the one thing I don't understand say past 10 years. burg is always better conditioned and disciplined, and have a good game plan laid out for ironton. it just seems they are putting more into this game, and it's showing. ironton needs to be better prepared this season playbook wise, more diversity, more mentally and physically prepared and getting back to bustin folks right in the chops.
I think that's a very well said assesment. Lots of respect to both teams personally. I imagine the burg wins this one, I won't get to watch this one, but I sure hope to catch a close game on some post game highlights.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This will be the same ole song and dance. Ironton will come in ready to play and Burg will show them they were never truly ready.

cg-ironton fan
Freshman Team

Post by cg-ironton fan »

this will be a running clock game, the question is when does it start my guess says sometime in 2nd quarter

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

now you done went n peed in ole bait's cheerios cg.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

It's just Ironton!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU HAIN'T RIGHT DON'T

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

WHERE'S MY FIGHTING TIGER SUPPORT STAFF AT HERE, OLE BAIT IS SWIMMIN ALONE WITH THE ''BURGITE SHARKS'' HERE.

TheFlyingDutchman
JV Team

Post by TheFlyingDutchman »

Bait, Most of the great Ironton posters left the building long ago. Why ? not sure. I am sure most non tigers would say because of IHS recent decline. I honestly think most left due to not only the lack of respect for their team but the overall lack of respect in general that most threads seem to have these days.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Maybe with Lutz retiring a few years ago it took a little steam out of them,but my guess is the quality of play has more to do with it with the combination of him not being there.I know since Amyx retired Logan hasn't had as many on here either.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I'D LIKE TO SEE BURG PLAY LOGAN LHS. HAVE THE 2 EVER PLAYED EACH OTHER. THEY ARE A DANG GOOD MEASURING STICK OF WHAT KIND OF PROGRAM YOU HAVE.
I can remember Wheelersburg came to Logan one year for the first scrimmage of the year, I believe it was either 1986 or 87 and they waxed Logan!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

cbolt wrote:Maybe with Lutz retiring a few years ago it took a little steam out of them,but my guess is the quality of play has more to do with it with the combination of him not being there.I know since Amyx retired Logan hasn't had as many on here either.
Bolt, I also would say a lot of old poster have been turned off by some of the so call new posters we now have on many sites! As far as some Logan posters go those 3 years after Amyx almost killed Logan football, as far as this Ironton vs The Burg game this year The Burg will wax Ironton and by the way they would wax Logan too!
Last edited by LHS 72 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”