D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-2)

BBallin fool
SEOP

Re: South gallia (7-3) at buckeye central (8-2)

Post by BBallin fool »

GOOD LUCK SG!!!

maniac66
All State

Re: D VI R23 Qtrs: South Gallia (7-3) at Buckeye Central (8-

Post by maniac66 »

Love to SG win this but scared they won't I can see them falling in a close one 24-16 but will hold out hope they can pull it out they have 3 losses but all 3 came against playoff teams.
GO REBELS and bring back a win.

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

This will be SG's 3rd trip to the playoffs in the past 7 years which ain't bad for a school as new as SG. Perhaps someone could answer this question. I know Hannan Trace never made the playoffs with one reason being not as many teams used to qualify. Did Soutwestern, Kyger Creek or North Gallia ever qualify? Kyger Creek was considered the league power in the old SVAC but I can't remember if they ever qualified. North Gallia and Southwestern had some good years as well. Seems like SW just missed one year.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

This will be the biggest loss by a SEO team in the first round. Buckeye Central 42 - South Gallia 7

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

FANOSPORTS wrote:This will be the biggest loss by a SEO team in the first round. Buckeye Central 42 - South Gallia 7
Thanks for sharing. I don't know what this website would do without your random insightful analysis and thought provoking opinions on pretty much every topic thread. I know I am amazed and somewhat intimidated by your obvious depth of expertise. Any thoughts on the middle east or perhaps some suggestions that will possibly turn the nations economy around? I would also love to hear your thoughts on stem cell research and it's impact on a possible cure for all types of cancer! I am sure that your wisdom comes from your many, many years of following high school sports. I mean if you remember Mark Swain tingling the twine for old HTHS back in 1974 and 1975 that would mean you are somewhere between the age of 55-85. This is why I take you so seriously because no one of that age would be so immature to just randomly post things to just to irritate some fans of a specific school who are excited about the upcoming playoffs. I anxiously await your next post! In fact I am sure I speak for the fans of all those random threads in which you are so generous to share your opinion in requesting that you consider setting up a Twitter account so we can be notified instantly when you tweet some wisdom. Your screen name could be "The Oracle". Just a thought.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

RebelCat wrote:
FANOSPORTS wrote:This will be the biggest loss by a SEO team in the first round. Buckeye Central 42 - South Gallia 7
Thanks for sharing. I don't know what this website would do without your random insightful analysis and thought provoking opinions on pretty much every topic thread. I know I am amazed and somewhat intimidated by your obvious depth of expertise. Any thoughts on the middle east or perhaps some suggestions that will possibly turn the nations economy around? I would also love to hear your thoughts on stem cell research and it's impact on a possible cure for all types of cancer! I am sure that your wisdom comes from your many, many years of following high school sports. I mean if you remember Mark Swain tingling the twine for old HTHS back in 1974 and 1975 that would mean you are somewhere between the age of 55-85. This is why I take you so seriously because no one of that age would be so immature to just randomly post things to just to irritate some fans of a specific school who are excited about the upcoming playoffs. I anxiously await your next post! In fact I am sure I speak for the fans of all those random threads in which you are so generous to share your opinion in requesting that you consider setting up a Twitter account so we can be notified instantly when you tweet some wisdom. Your screen name could be "The Oracle". Just a thought.
Very well said and I too await the response... Now talking toward the game at hand, I can not wait to make the trip up by lake erie to support these boys in the venture to week 12

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

dhs22p wrote:
JHS08 wrote:How are these 2 even in the same region? Lake Erie down to Crown City seems like a huge region

Buckeye Central is no where near Lake Erie. Sure these teams are far apart but this is how every region is.

+1

if they were in the #2-#7 seed game in region 21 it's 160 miles(3 hrs 20min)to shadyside
r22 236 miles to delphos
r24 213 miles to Fort Loramie

When your school is in extreme southern ohio traveling is part of the deal. There is one solution......win more games and get a home game.
Last edited by icanpickem on Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RebelCat wrote:
Not trying to irritate anyone. I thought you guys would go 7-3 (made that call the first of the year) and I think Buckeye Central is a much better team that's all. I'd have to pick Central if they played my alma mater Wahama if they were in Ohio and in the playoffs at 10-0. These are just my opinions on a sports forum where I can sit and do mindless nothing in my spare time just as most people do on here. The economy, middle east and cancer research are way beyond my control so we'll continue to leave all that up to all the politicians, economists, researchers and doctors that we pay millions to each year to figure all that stuff out. Strap'em up and get ready for the long trip, good luck !!!!!

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Fanosrorts- since you're such an expert on everything from baldness to cancer...how in the world does Little old South Gallia try to stop Buckeye Central??? who do you think we should key on and what would be the best offensive strategy against them??? I... Like everyone else on here are just dying to hear your answers!!!

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

RebelCat wrote:This will be SG's 3rd trip to the playoffs in the past 7 years which ain't bad for a school as new as SG. Perhaps someone could answer this question. I know Hannan Trace never made the playoffs with one reason being not as many teams used to qualify. Did Soutwestern, Kyger Creek or North Gallia ever qualify? Kyger Creek was considered the league power in the old SVAC but I can't remember if they ever qualified. North Gallia and Southwestern had some good years as well. Seems like SW just missed one year.

When we made playoffs in 05. They told the team and community that this was the first time in gallia county local history. But back when those high schools were around there was only 4 teams that made playoffs from each region.

Sggrad06
Varsity

Post by Sggrad06 »

dhs22p wrote:
JHS08 wrote:How are these 2 even in the same region? Lake Erie down to Crown City seems like a huge region

Buckeye Central is no where near Lake Erie. Sure these teams are far apart but this is how every region is.

Well to be exact they are 36.7 miles from Sandusky Ohio, which is on lake Erie. So I would call that not only near lake Eric but really close to lake Erie.

friday_nite_fan
Varsity

Post by friday_nite_fan »

dhs22p wrote:

New Washington is only 40 miles from Sandusky which is right on Lake Erie. So yeah I would say 40 miles is pretty close to the lake.

BBallin fool
SEOP

Post by BBallin fool »

Is 99.5 still going to cover this game??? What a round trip!!!! Man OHSAA Bad call :roll: :roll: :roll:

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

FANOSPORTS wrote:
RebelCat wrote:
Not trying to irritate anyone. I thought you guys would go 7-3 (made that call the first of the year) and I think Buckeye Central is a much better team that's all. I'd have to pick Central if they played my alma mater Wahama if they were in Ohio and in the playoffs at 10-0. These are just my opinions on a sports forum where I can sit and do mindless nothing in my spare time just as most people do on here. The economy, middle east and cancer research are way beyond my control so we'll continue to leave all that up to all the politicians, economists, researchers and doctors that we pay millions to each year to figure all that stuff out. Strap'em up and get ready for the long trip, good luck !!!!!
Ol' Blue wrote:Fanosrorts- since you're such an expert on everything from baldness to cancer...how in the world does Little old South Gallia try to stop Buckeye Central??? who do you think we should key on and what would be the best offensive strategy against them??? I... Like everyone else on here are just dying to hear your answers!!!
I have an opinion just like everyone else and it'll come out in the wash. Eveyone shouldn't try to read so deep into the posts on here. (They are 7 time playoff participants with 1 runner-up finish, play a much tougher schedule than the TVC Hocking and they'll be too much for SG, that's all).

Mercerville Monster
All Conference

Post by Mercerville Monster »

Why does everyone get so worked up over FANOSPORTS score prediction? Quit being so soft and upset about a prediction that could become true. Why do I say it could be true?

Buckeye Central passes the ball and they do it very well. What is SGs biggest weakness? Pass coverage. Three quick TD passes and the Rebels could be in real trouble. This was the last team I wanted to see SG play in the entire region.

Glad to see the Rebels made it to the postseason again. I hope SG goes up there and I see them pull off a huge upset but I don't see it. I think SG can do some things offensively but can't stop BC pass offense.

BC - 35
SG - 12

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

mercerville monster wrote:Why does everyone get so worked up over FANOSPORTS score prediction? Quit being so soft and upset about a prediction that could become true. Why do I say it could be true?

Buckeye Central passes the ball and they do it very well. What is SGs biggest weakness? Pass coverage. Three quick TD passes and the Rebels could be in real trouble. This was the last team I wanted to see SG play in the entire region.

Glad to see the Rebels made it to the postseason again. I hope SG goes up there and I see them pull off a huge upset but I don't see it. I think SG can do some things offensively but can't stop BC pass offense.

BC - 35
SG - 12
I'm just an old guy that's still follows high school sports in some of my spare time. (FYI, It's nothing personal and I would love to see South Gallia win and prove me wrong).

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

BBallin fool wrote:Is 99.5 still going to cover this game??? What a round trip!!!! Man OHSAA Bad call :roll: :roll: :roll:

Only 9 of the 121 D6 schools are within a 100 mile drive(one way) of Crown City..........Get over it & get used it.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

In 05 we traveled 128 miles & in 06 I think we traveled 165 miles

oak hill71
All State

Post by oak hill71 »

Speaking hypothetically (and this is a huge hypothetical), if they beat Buckeye Central and have to play Rosecrans or Danville what are some of the possible nuetral sites that those would be played? Trying to get my work schedule figured out.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

I'd think that Logan, Nelsonville York, or Athens would be sites for a round two game with either Bishop Rosecrans or Danville. They all have turf and adequate seating.

Return to “Football”