Valley Football 2009

BigTime
JV Team

Re: Valley Football 2009

Post by BigTime »

chicken_coop wrote:Got word that Valley beat Portsmouth and Wellston tonight in the 7-7.

That's wrong, Valley really struggled tonight. Don't know if they were missing people or not. For their sake it's only 7 on 7 and don't mean anything. I hope they improve and have a good season.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

BigTime wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:Got word that Valley beat Portsmouth and Wellston tonight in the 7-7.

That's wrong, Valley really struggled tonight. Don't know if they were missing people or not. For their sake it's only 7 on 7 and don't mean anything. I hope they improve and have a good season.

Interesting......dont know why that person would say that. Guess we'll see soon enough! Hopefully if they did struggle, they can pull it together.

sportsfan_1959
JV Team

Post by sportsfan_1959 »

Valley was missing several key people on both sides of the ball. However, I agree they did not "beat" PHS. I would have called the Wellson part a toss-up.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

I dont how you can say that anyone won . The 7 on 7 's ive been to they dont keep score .I was told that Wellston looked really good , at one point in the scrimmage with Portsmouth the Qb completed 15 -16 passes with three going to the endzone from the forty.Wellston also had four INT's against Portsmouth.
The Scrimmage with Valley was basicaly between second team players,from what I am told their team was shorthanded .
Last edited by boilermaker on Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

boilermaker wrote:I dont how you can say that anyone won . The 7 on 7 's ive been to they dont keep score .

Just lik teams don't win or lose a scrimmage. Scores aren't kept by anyone except the fans. These are used to see what areas a team needs to improve on, not to try to win them.

Wheelersburgs scrimmage with Jackson last season is a good case in point. Almost everyone who saw that scrimmage came away saying the Pirates would be lucky to win 4 or 5 games last year and they go 9-1 in the regular season and finish 10-2 and make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

boilermaker wrote:I dont how you can say that anyone won . The 7 on 7 's ive been to they dont keep score .

I couldn't agree more with you boilermaker. You have to take 7 on 7's for what they are. No linemen or people chasing your QB from the defensive side of the ball. No hitting a receiver when he goes over the middle. It's like playing 2 hand touch, it tells you nothing more than do you have athletes that can throw and catch or not. Never place to much on these things.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

i don't think valley had everyone there tonight. valley will be fine this year, maybe even playoffs. good luck indians

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I believe this is their schedule
Huntington (away)
Rock Hill (home)
Coal Grove (away)
Chesapeake (home)
South Point (home)
Wheelersburg (away)
West (home)
Northwest (away)
Waverly (away)
Minford (away)

I think they could be 4-1 or 5-0 (the toughest challenge will be coal grove) going into conference play, after that its a toss-up I would say they finish 7-3, with a possible playoff birth

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

This Valley team has a chance to be good. There is some talent on the team that has played a lot of varsity football. I think that the skill players are there to do some very good things. The difference in this team going 5-5 and 7-3 or 8-2 is going to be line play. I know that there are some kids there that can get the job done, it just comes down to how much those kids have matured and how much stronger they have gotten this summer.

Sider has the right teams on the schedule, just in the wrong order. The nonconference slate is correct. The league schedule goes....

Northwest (home)
Waverly (away)
West (home)
Wheelersburg (away)
Minford (away)

So, Valley could be 5-1 or even 6-0 if they play well against Coal Grove, coming into the Waverly game. Valley dominated the Tigers last year, so this year Waverly will be ready for the Indians. That said, if Valley comes into the West game at either 6-1 or possibly 7-0, I feel they would need to win just one of the 3 games left on the schedule to head back to the playoffs. Let's face it, region 19 is way down with West, Ready, and Johnstown Monroe all out of the mix. I say 7-3 or 8-2 with the Minford game deciding Valley's playoff fate.

Return to “Football”