Freshman Team

Re: Soc II predictions?

Post by big-train »

I don't

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:yeah west won it last year, i know that. but i feel that the only reason west's size won the battle last year is because they got lucky weather. and what i mean by that is it rained... a lot and i feel, and im pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that if that game would have been played on a solid field, the burg would have won that game.

are you serious?

SuperSiders
Riding the Bench

Post by SuperSiders »

"its defence that wins games"

It's defense not defence...stay in school!

LOL...Burg Grad...you kill me!

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

siderman wrote:
PirateFan_2010 wrote:yeah west won it last year, i know that. but i feel that the only reason west's size won the battle last year is because they got lucky weather. and what i mean by that is it rained... a lot and i feel, and im pretty sure everyone agrees with me when i say that if that game would have been played on a solid field, the burg would have won that game.

are you serious?

yeah... as a heart attack... our smaller faster players couldnt even get their feet planted to run... you having bigger backs, the weather played to your advantage. if you cant admit that, then your are ignorant.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

PirateFan_2010 wrote: if you cant admit that, then your are ignorant.

Don't you mean you are or you're? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway, that above post sounds like a big ol' excuse to me.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

^^^^^I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

wow i added an extra letter... way to point that out, you guys are so cool... and yeah thats real funny larry...

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Wheelersburg or West

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

PirateFan_2010
The rain, did'nt have anything to do with the gaping holes, that Pendleton was running through. Or the players he was crushing on the second level. Dont be a sore loser!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:
siderman wrote:

are you serious?

yeah... as a heart attack... our smaller faster players couldnt even get their feet planted to run... you having bigger backs, the weather played to your advantage. if you cant admit that, then your are ignorant.

If small players were so great that's what colleges and the NFL would recruit, but they don't. I'm so sick of hearing about burgs small quick guys, like it was all part of their master plan, well it wasn't, they're just making the best of what they have because they don't have anyone else to use. I'm sure if you asked the coach he would much rather have 6 or 7 6'4" 275 linemen with good feet and average speed to use on both sides like they did in 2006 I think it was, the last time they made a run in the playoffs.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Ironfalcon your entire post is incorrect. The burg coaches do and have for along time prefer the small quick dlinemen. Teams just have a hard time handling them. Those small quick guys give bigger olinemen fits. I watched those small quick dline guys give portsmouths 2 D1 fullride guys fits this yr and I watched the peach twins eat up another D1 kid that just finished up a very good career at penn st and will be playing on sundays this fall. The 2006 team did not make the playoffs. I think you are referring to the 05 team, however they didn't have a playoff run. They were defeated in rd 1 by a small quick dline that the burgs bigger oline could not handle.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Maybe it was 04 then, it was the year they played Amanda Clearcreek at jackson and lost, that years team was succesfull because of the size, they were like a small college line out there on both sides of the ball.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

The 04 team did have a nice run and they did lose to AC but they had the peach twins starting on the Dline and they went about 5'10" 175.
IRONFALCON wrote:Maybe it was 04 then, it was the year they played Amanda Clearcreek at jackson and lost, that years team was succesfull because of the size, they were like a small college line out there on both sides of the ball.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

Black@Orange wrote:PirateFan_2010
The rain, did'nt have anything to do with the gaping holes, that Pendleton was running through. Or the players he was crushing on the second level. Dont be a sore loser!

lol im not being a sore loser... listen there is no way you are going to sit here and argue that burg not being able to get their feet set wasnt a big factor... yeah there were holes, because our smaller players were sliding, and pendleton would have got yards regardless, but the burg would have been able to get their offense going, and i feel the game would have went a different way.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^Well West also had to play in the rain and the zone read option game, which was very productive for them throughout the year, wasn't able to happen due to the rain so if they had that they would have won by 21 points. That's the whole thing, both teams have to play in the same weather, and guess what you lost, so get over it and quit making excuses as you're making yourself look pathedic.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

I forgot that the rain only makes Wheelersburg slower. The offense always has the advantage in bad weather, because the offense knows where they are going and the defense does not, so the defense has to take time and react to the offense. I guess that only hurt Wheelersburg! :lol:

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

so im wrong by saying that its harded fr a 100 lb person to get their feet set in mud than a 200 lb person??? lol no im not lol you west siders arent much...huh?

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

May not be much? Try outright SOC champs.

PirateFan_2010
Riding the Bench

Post by PirateFan_2010 »

k lol ejoy this for this one ... ONE year lol im over SOC ships... we get them enough

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

PirateFan_2010 wrote:k lol ejoy this for this one ... ONE year lol im over SOC ships... we get them enough

Do you even play? Let me guess you carry the water bottles?

This year the SOC will be an absolute dogfight. West, Minford and Burg are the early frontrunners. Valley and Waverly have the potential to knock off one of the 3 top teams if they arent careful. Should be another great year to enjoy high school football.

Return to “Football”