Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Chillicothe Cavaliers vs Ironton Fighting Tigers

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

clbbig wrote:I would say Ironton in a close one. but with only squeaking out a win against russell who knows. I hope they improve before they face the likes of alder and hartley or it will be ugly. But ironton is still a good southeastern ohio team. not a state power anymore.
--------------really-they were in :aaaaa24 the 3rd round last year. and lost to the eventual state champ, who they beat earlier in the year.
:aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24 :aaaaa24

tk421
Varsity

Post by tk421 »

Going to be an extremely wet week and as of now chance of storms on Friday. Hope they hold onto the ball, don't need to be getting multiple turnovers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i think that always plays into ironton's game plan, if we as we don't put the ball on the ground. with huge linemen and a great running game. it could potentially shut down some passing games.

cavalierfan1995
Freshman Team

Post by cavalierfan1995 »

if the cavs d can shut down the corners this could be a good game

i think it will be closer than people think GO CAVS!

cavs 27
tigers 21

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the cavs have certainly opened to some stiff competition, the fighting tigers better be on top of their game.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

Hinton is finding out Chillicothe his is not Amanda and never will be in football.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

jungle cat wrote:Hinton is finding out Chillicothe his is not Amanda and never will be in football.
Do you really think he thought he was going to go to Chillicothe and think everything was going to be like it was in Amanda? A man that has had the success that he has had is smart enought to know whats up.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'd say give him time, he'll have them rolling. this also is not a private school, where you can get anybody you want. from a large metropolin area.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Exile
Riding the Bench

Post by The Exile »

And you have to keep in mind A-C football wasn't that great before he got there (about a .500 team in the 70s). And it took 4-5 years to get things going (no winning record till year 5). It will take time.

TrojanXplosion
S

Post by TrojanXplosion »

Ironton - 36
Chilly - 14

Really think it's Ironton's year. I could see them making it to state.

Chillicothe will right the ship soon. I have a lot of respect for their program.

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Gotta respect them Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I-town 34
Cavs 7

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

Coach Hinton has got hang in there!! Many of you are correct, Chillicothe has never been an A-C. The resistence from the administration, the resistence from the parents, which leads to resistence from the players has often kept coaches from being able to actually coach the kids. Only one time in CAVS history did a coach change the mentality of the program and that was under Bill Trent. He unfortunately could not survive the scrutiny long enough to take advantage of what he created anfd John Sines swooped in and led a program built by Coach Trent. I hope this does not happen to Coach Hinton. As for this week, Coach Hinton is improving the program but this is one of the better Ironton teams in a while IMO,

Ironton 35
Chilly 3

I hope our CAVS are exceptionally competitive and I will be routing for them with all my heart, but I'm afraid it is too much Tigers this year.

sibibis45
JV Team

Post by sibibis45 »

I totally agree. If the administration would just leave him alone and support him Hinton will turn the program around. He just has to get through the low numbered junior and senior classes.

buckcraze
JV Team

Post by buckcraze »

If you want to win, you have to let your head coach run the program, you have to let coaches coach, and you have to stop aquiescing to every parental complaint that crosses the administrations desk.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

it was hard to gauge the fighting tigers in week 1 , because wheelersburg is so down, they tromped the young pirates. second week, they completely dominated a big russell squad the first half, then had to hang on in the second half. only having the ball like 4 times, but winning the game, a big turnover late nearly cost them, but i think the fighting tigers have the tools to get it done.

tigerfan98
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan98 »

Ironton will roll. The Russell game was close due to a onside kick. If Ironton gets that ball they eat up a lot of clock Russell may not have came close to scoring again. Ironton led 20-0 going into the fourth. Take nothing away from Russell they are good, but Chillicothe will be lucky to get within 20. Ironton 46 Chillicothe 14.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

tigerfan98 wrote:Ironton will roll. The Russell game was close due to a onside kick. If Ironton gets that ball they eat up a lot of clock Russell may not have came close to scoring again. Ironton led 20-0 going into the fourth. Take nothing away from Russell they are good, but Chillicothe will be lucky to get within 20. Ironton 46 Chillicothe 14.
-------------thats all it takes to lose a game that close as well.hoping this week, they have no turnovers.always expect an onside kick i say, i admire coaches that due this rather than get beat by 40.

gilchs
Waterboy

Post by gilchs »

I think Ironton will be too much for the young team.

Look at what Hinton did last year with the team. 4-6 runner-ups for league title. Lost to the league champions by one point. He lost way too much this year and we still see improvement in the team from last year.

I hope that they are letting Hinton coach. I haven't heard any grumblings. If so they can kiss him goodbye. He's a coach not a puppet. Some parents can accept average kids. :-D

BE A TEAM!!!!!
Last edited by gilchs on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IronmenTradition
Riding the Bench

Post by IronmenTradition »

I believe this is the most interesting game this week. Both schools always have solid teams and no matter what it is going to be a great game. I've been telling people all year that the two teams I think Jackson should worry about is Chillicothe and Ironton. I guess this will let Jackson see how both teams are doing after this week.

Chilli seems to have talent and running things better now, and Ironton is... well they are Ironton lol I look for Ironton winning this one in a hard game. Just like any game goes though, if they come not ready to play, it could be a bad night for the Tigers.

Good Luck to both teams!
31-17 Ironton

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Ironton is likely too much for Chilli to handle. Ironton by a couple of scores.

Return to “Football”