Newark Catholic 41 Nelsonville-York 21

stoleit2711
Waterboy

Re: WK2 Newark Catholic at Nelsonville-york (Saturday)

Post by stoleit2711 »

I don't hold out much hope for NY. Having not watched NC, it could be a good game, but these are my assessments from NY last week. The Buckeyes are very much one-dimensional on both sides of the ball. Having only thrown the ball 5 or 6 times last week, the NY quarterback completed more to the opposing team than his own or the ground. The NY defense was able to plug up the middle and was not tested on the outside on the run, but they seemed to be able to swarm to the ball. The secondary was not able to effectively defend against the pass, they were beaten by all wide receivers, but with poor passes, they were able to get back into position. The Buckeyes need to be thankful that ‘Cats don’t have opposable thumbs, because they were fumbling every series and giving NY several chances. I understand it is early in the season, these were just the observations I made and what I feel NY can work on. I was disappointed to see that the change in coaching staff did not lead to a new style in offense other than formations.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

stoleit2711 wrote:I don't hold out much hope for NY. Having not watched NC, it could be a good game, but these are my assessments from NY last week. The Buckeyes are very much one-dimensional on both sides of the ball. Having only thrown the ball 5 or 6 times last week, the NY quarterback completed more to the opposing team than his own or the ground. The NY defense was able to plug up the middle and was not tested on the outside on the run, but they seemed to be able to swarm to the ball. The secondary was not able to effectively defend against the pass, they were beaten by all wide receivers, but with poor passes, they were able to get back into position. The Buckeyes need to be thankful that ‘Cats don’t have opposable thumbs, because they were fumbling every series and giving NY several chances. I understand it is early in the season, these were just the observations I made and what I feel NY can work on. I was disappointed to see that the change in coaching staff did not lead to a new style in offense other than formations.
The things that NY didn't do well were all mental mistakes and can be fixed with coaching.
I think you will see Hunter throw a lot better thus week. The improvement from the DB's and the QB position should be ten fold. A lot of first game jitters. We've played worse week one and went on to have great seasons. I think Newark Catholic will give us everything and more but we can definitely play with them.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BurgGrad6 wrote:I wonder why NY and burg don't play each other? Anyway good luck buckeyes!
I would love for NY and Burg to play each other. A lot of years the burg would come away with the win but I think it would be a competitive series and really be a measuring stick game for the Buckeyes.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

BurgGrad6 wrote:I wonder why NY and burg don't play each other? Anyway good luck buckeyes!
I would love for NY and Burg to play each other. A lot of years the burg would come away with the win but I think it would be a competitive series and really be a measuring stick game for the Buckeyes.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK2 Newark Catholic (1-0) @ Nelsonville-york (1-0) (Saturday)

Thank goodness this is our last Saturday game for the year. Can't wait to get back to Friday nights :)

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Saturday night special, unless they correct 1st game mistakes this might be a blowout.

Catholic's 35

nutboy's 18

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I think NC takes it and the interception will be a big reason.

#7 for NC will have to be a force on both sides of the ball for the prediction to come to be.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote:I think NC takes it and the interception will be a big reason.

#7 for NC will have to be a force on both sides of the ball for the prediction to come to be.
I think NY showed in week one what they can do when a team has one player to carry them. We all saw the result. If your post is accurate this week will be easier than last week. This team will not allow one player to beat them. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I never said #7 was their only or main weapon.

Aceof3Spades
Waterboy

Post by Aceof3Spades »

Should be a great matchup and preview as to what the Buckeyes have in the stable this year. It is no mystery that the Buckeyes are light years ahead of where they were last year (or the past 11 years for that matter). They have a strong head coach with a solid staff backing him, and some athletes that could make some noise this year in the TVC. I haven't had the opportunity to watch them this year in pads but did get a chance to watch them toss the rock in 7v7 (I do understand that 7v7 means absolutely nothing in the end) but Edwards was throwing better than any QB i've seen in that program for the past decade and his receivers kept the chains rolling. They have a solid run game as they always do, and a coach that knows how to win football games past week 10. This week is definitely one that will show the NY fans what they have to work with for the next 8 weeks or more.

Just because i'm a reborn Buckeye fan & a true believer in the new head honcho in Buchtel:

NY over NC

22-16

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I'm actually expecting a slug fest in this game.
The Bucks have put in a good week fixing their mistakes and getting ready for Newark Catholic.
This could come down to the last team with the ball.

I can't wait for tomorrow night!
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

One thing no can say about NY is that the Buckeyes play a weak nonleague schedule. The Bucks always have a nice nonleague schedule.

Trimble, Newark Catholic, Liberty Center, Logan.

GO BUCKS! BEAT THE POPES!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

NYBuckeye96 wrote:One thing no can say about NY is that the Buckeyes play a weak nonleague schedule. The Bucks always have a nice nonleague schedule.

We replace Logan and LC with Waverly and Minford next season.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

That might be a slight improvement .lol

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

noreply66 wrote:That might be a slight improvement .lol
Logan won't be down long. They will improve week by week as the season goes on.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

We still have some boys out. I know one is a starter don't know about the others.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good Luck to the NY Buckeyes!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

It's GameDay Buckeyes!!!

I'm ready for some Buckeye Football!
It's also youth night so the Nelsonville-York little Bucks will be recognized before the game

Give em all you got Bucks! Defend your home!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Orange and Brown wrote:
NYBuckeye96 wrote:One thing no can say about NY is that the Buckeyes play a weak nonleague schedule. The Bucks always have a nice nonleague schedule.

We replace Logan and LC with Waverly and Minford next season.

Too bad Logan is rotating off the schedule. Logan is going to have to travel a lot as an independent next year.

This will be the first time NY has ever played Waverly. Fun fact...Waverly replaced NY in the SEOAL in 1970 when NY joined the TVC. Back then, the SEOAL teams played the same teams in the same order but bumped up one week each year. So whoever you played in the last week of the season, you played in the first week of league play the following year. Waverly essentially inherited NY's exact SEOAL schedule.

NY has a little history with Minford. That should be a fun series.

NY had never played Newark Catholic before the current series started several years ago. If this keeps getting renewed, NC will quickly rise up the ranks of the all-time number of games played against one opponent by NY.

Bucks06
Waterboy

Post by Bucks06 »

If this is what the new coaching staff has to offer us in the years to come its gonna be a lot of long losing seasons. Very very sad performance 2 weeks in a row. Play calling is the worst I've ever seen at NY. Defense is the worst I've ever seen at NY.

Return to “Football”