West Football

sportsfan43
JV Team

Re: West Football

Post by sportsfan43 »

siderman wrote:They tried to get another scrimmage, and they weren't able to. In fact there was a post on here taking ideas for one. I guess they tried everyone they could think of and there weren't any takers. I heard there were a couple schools they called that told them of schools looking for a scrimmage. When they called them, they wouldn't play. West only had 1 last year, and it showed with a very sloppy game at Fairland. They'll get through the game again this year, and then they'll be ready for Portsmouth. I think 3 scrimmages, especially with West's style, may be too much anyway for getting injuries. 2 scrimmages, with a week off, would be better.

yeah no one else plays as rough as west, they been showing this area hopw to play and win for many a years

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

sportsfan43 wrote:
siderman wrote:They tried to get another scrimmage, and they weren't able to. In fact there was a post on here taking ideas for one. I guess they tried everyone they could think of and there weren't any takers. I heard there were a couple schools they called that told them of schools looking for a scrimmage. When they called them, they wouldn't play. West only had 1 last year, and it showed with a very sloppy game at Fairland. They'll get through the game again this year, and then they'll be ready for Portsmouth. I think 3 scrimmages, especially with West's style, may be too much anyway for getting injuries. 2 scrimmages, with a week off, would be better.

yeah no one else plays as rough as west, they been showing this area hopw to play and win for many a years

actually no they don't. The only local team that plays as physical a style as West is Ironton.

from a couple of your posts you put me in mind of a distraught fan still upset because your team got physically whooped a few months back.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

It would be nice to see West get another scrimmage, espicially with this young of a team, but I guess it won't happen. Last year I wouldn't blame the sloppy first game on lack of scrimmage, they just took fairland too lightly, the looked better in the scrimmage...however I can't blame a team for not wanting to scrimmage West, Triplett will the first one to admit that he wants to beat up on a team during a scrimmage

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

what West really needed was a scrimmage against a passing team to help those young DB's. Offensive line work against a really good defense wouldn't be bad either, but I think the O will be fine.

I guess the good thing for the D is how both QB's are really doing well. This should give them alot more flexability. If Ratliff had took a little longer to come on, coach may have been a little shy of playing Journey on defense. Journey could be one of the better corners around.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Which way is Ratliff coming on offensively or defensively? Would be nice to have some kids only play one way. This team has alot of talent, we just need to put the kids in the right spots. And from what I hear there's battles everywhere. Competitions are good for a young team, from what i hear, all spots are open. Even though everybody knows a few of them are all ready taken. It still gives the young guys something to strive for. Hear these kids are very enthusiastic and very coachable. I think the future is looking very good for the Westside. Good luck to everybody in the S.O.C., which i think is becoming a very well balanced league.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I meant Ratliff has looked very good at QB. I think he'll play some safety too. I think Journey will be the starter, but if he were to get hurt, their wouldn't be any dropoff going to the backup. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if coach plays both QB's. From what I've seen, they both have looked really good.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

When is West first scrimmage and where?

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote:August 15th...Gallia Accademy at Home...10am start is what it says on the schedule..That is the only scrimmage West has this year

WestSide Pride
Waterboy

Post by WestSide Pride »

What is the lineup looking like for this weekend

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

I was just wondering how are Varsity Field is going to be able to hold up 2 or 3 games some weeks with the J.V. field being gone now due to the new middle school being built. They are going to play all the J.V. and Freshman games on the varsity field I was told.

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

How did the siders look in there scrimmage today?

Return to “Football”