Favorite Stadiums/Atmospheres as a Player or Fan

pbuck
All State

Re: Favorite Stadiums/Atmospheres as a Player or Fan

Post by pbuck »

best atmosphere is a Nelsonville York vs Trimble game it means everything to the area it doesn't matter where's the game is being played @ there's a pure hatered for one another and every play is played like it's the Superbowl it's a great game to play in and also to watch !!!!!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Best I ever experienced was NY vs. Logan in the 1990's, be the game at NY or at Logan, that was an awesome experience. No offense to anyone from Trimble, but for NY in the 90's, NY vs. Logan was THE GAME.

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Lungbuster wrote:No offence organge and brown, but Boston Feild isnt anything special. yeah it has turf, but thats not a big deal anymore. The atmosphere isnt that great either. You dont get enough energy from the fans with them being 50 ft from the feild itself.

Boston Field is among the top stadiums in southeastern Ohio, especially among schools of similar size. I guess fans from other schools might not like Boston Field since the opposing teams rarely win there.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:
Lungbuster wrote:No offence organge and brown, but Boston Feild isnt anything special. yeah it has turf, but thats not a big deal anymore. The atmosphere isnt that great either. You dont get enough energy from the fans with them being 50 ft from the feild itself.

Boston Field is among the top stadiums in southeastern Ohio, especially among schools of similar size. I guess fans from other schools might not like Boston Field since the opposing teams rarely win there.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We will take our field weather you think its anything special or not. Our kids love to play there and our fans love to watch football there.
So Lungbuster........ Tell us please!! What is your favorite stadium to watch a game in.

pan-man
Freshman Team

Post by pan-man »

As a player and a fan, it is Spartan Stadium. While you are in the locker room, you just think about all the history that has been there, and even as a fan in the stands you think about all the history.

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

Being that I played 3 years of my career at Chillicothe in the OCC and only 1 in the SEOAL, some of my venues are in columbus but the favorite ones I ever played in were...

1) Hernstein(Chillicothe)
Duh...Home field...5-0 here as a senior.
2)Spartan Stadium(Portsmouth)
The history of this venue would be enough if there were two fans and no locker rooms.
also undefeated here throughout my high school career.
3)Grove City
HUGE...Usually packed...Great atmosphere...HUGE band
4)Dublin Scioto
Beautiful turf field. Good team. Irish Bagpipes player adds to the atmsophere
5)Logan
Cemetary by the field is a great touch. Built into the hill, tough fans and a tough team.

gymrat
Riding the Bench

Post by gymrat »

As for Southern Ohio. I think the best are...
1)Spartan Stadium
Really will miss it. Their new Stadium looks like it will be the gem of SEO but I really wish they would have just put that money into Spartan
2)Tank Satdium
History...Unique
3)Logan's new field
Really Nice
4)Bill Sauer Field(Logan's old field)
what I said up top
5)Jackson
Beautiful...They just need to get their program back up to their standards so that the stands will be full.
6)Zanesville
Same as Logan...really really nice
7)Hernstein field
small compared to some but some of the biggest names in Ohio HS football have graced that field at least once in their careers. Teams that have played there are endless. Much like Spartan and Tank as far as the names that have played there.
8)Hillsboro
The hill is a nice touch

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

West's old field (middle school field) was a great place to play, I enjoyed as much if not more than the new one

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

well i knew it wouldnt take long before nelsonville fans started crying over that one, and if you must know, my favorite places to watch games are sheridan and new lex, great atmosphere both places,

BUT I KNOW, NOTHING!!!! is as great as boston feild

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Lungbuster wrote:well i knew it wouldnt take long before nelsonville fans started crying over that one, and if you must know, my favorite places to watch games are sheridan and new lex, great atmosphere both places,

BUT I KNOW, NOTHING!!!! is as great as boston field

I would never say that nothing is better than Boston field. I just thought that it was rude to say that our field is nothing special. There are a lot of great places to watch games but I would rather watch them at NY. We have a nice facility just like a lot of schools all over SEO.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

THAT PLACE IS A DUMP WORST PLACE TO WATCH A GAME CANT SEE POLES RIGHT IN THE WAY<SOUNDS FISHY TO ME> DID I SAY THE PLACE IS A DUMP.GO BUCKEYES
Warpig wrote:Renovations and new stadiums seem to me to sterilize some of the atmosphere that just seem to exist in the older venues.

As a player, opponents fields that had great atmosphere: Boston Field before the renovations, the old field at Vinton County with fans sitting on the bank in front of the school, Meig's field in Pomeroy with the hillside, Spartan Stadium in Portsmouth, Magnolia, WV,

As a coach: The Tank, The Hilltop (Logan, even though it would ruin your shoes), C.H. Jones field in Wellston, The old field in Jackson with the fans right on top of you, Hillsboro's (built into the hillside)

Of course my all-time favorite field is Glouster Memorial Stadium, I love it for all of the reasons that everyone else hates it. It's old, run down, crumbling, too small, the locker rooms are horrible, the press box is closer to the size of a shoe box, the crows nests, and the only place that I can think of with the scoreboard right at midfield. But that field has seen Paul Culver, Ed Bolin, Billy McClelland, Kevin Meade, Dave Hartley, Jeff McClelland, Mike Roback, Greg, Scott, Jeff and Jimmy Holbert, Tommy Echstenkamper, Lloyd Dugan, Bill Romanowski, Raymond Tutor, Guy Taylor, and countless others, Tomcats or Cardinals, since 1919

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

gochiefs wrote:Here's the last time the Chiefs ran onto Bill Sauer Field.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2dfAuAnV_c

WOW!! That almost brought a tear to my eye :cry: :shock: man i miss bill sauer, we could walk from my house(only 2 blocks away). walk home horse as h3ll in the rain/snow carring all our friday night game gear :122249 ..... so many memories there. the home sid, you sat only 20 yds from the field, if that. now your what feels like a mile away. but, still janey and company did an outstanding job on the new chieftain stadium.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

WOW the buckcrys are starting to take over the thread, keep bashing that stadium u havent won in the last two times you been there. Im sure they love the stadium and they love you hate it. By the way does it make you feel bigger to keep cap lock on, cause if it does maybe we should send down another last place team in the MVL to set you in ur place again

COUGH COUGH..... Crooksville 07,work on winning that playoff game while your at it

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am pretty sure every one will ignore the things you say from now on.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

NY's field is pretty nice. i watch there playoff game against LU last year.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

thats fine. But being from nelsonville im sure you didnt see anything wrong with NY BUCKS post did you??? warpig was simply stating what he thought .THAT was very uncalled for

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Lungbuster wrote:thats fine. But being from nelsonville im sure you didnt see anything wrong with NY BUCKS post did you??? warpig was simply stating what he thought .THAT was very uncalled for

Yea but thats NY-Trimble. NY BUCKS was just messing with Warpig. Wait until Glouster gets internet!!! You will here much worse than that thrown back and forth.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Lungbuster wrote:thats fine. But being from nelsonville im sure you didnt see anything wrong with NY BUCKS post did you??? warpig was simply stating what he thought .THAT was very uncalled for

um.....are you taking to me???? i'm from logan and have only been to boston a few times. to be honest at 1st i thought he was talking about miller's field. the visitors side has poles in the bleachers. but, trimble's is just an old stadium... and yes you guys much still have some poles in the way. i don't know i havn't been there in years. i didn't say anything was bad about it.

Lungbuster
JV Team

Post by Lungbuster »

im sure gouster has internet their just not being aragent . They are showing class, for now anyways :lol: and who says im not just messin with you Suckeyes.... your just to easy to get worked up

and no 1987cheiftans sorry it was to orange and brown, but im not from trimble anyways i just thought the comment was uncalled for

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

the field turf looks good at boston field, but football is ment to be played on real turf. some of the best games ever played were in the mud. I love to watch games where you can't see the #'s on the players back.

Return to “Football”