Piketon 19 Northwest 7

bengalfan76
SE

Re: Northwest Mohawks @ Piketon Red Streaks Week Three

Post by bengalfan76 »

Mohawk wrote:I did not say that the other teams did not have heart, I said that Northwest has found now heart and desire. Get offended easy???

Not offended at all :122245
I love how people make those chest beating statements :lol:

How many times in the last 20 yrs has NW beaten Piketon?

Don't see the trend changing. :122246

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

Piketon 19 Northwest 7

NW was down 13-7 with about 5 min. to go and threw a pick in the red zone. Thought they might pull one out tonight.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

OK
All joking aside. I am very impressed with the NW Mohawks.
Both of the Brown boys are football players.

I thought the Redstreaks were in trouble until the pick.

Kenraken Ahta
JV Team

Re: Piketon 19 Northwest 7

Post by Kenraken Ahta »

First off, congratulations to Piketon on your first victory of the season! I think you guys earned it and I also think you saw a much improved Mohawk football team this year! Best of Luck the rest of the way.

To the "Young Warriors" from Northwest, I know that bus ride home was not exactly what we all had in mind, but you have to admit, you guys played pretty good football last night! I think Piketon is a better football team than East and you guys were right there on the edge of winning this game 14-13 late in the fourth quarter.............which brings us to the turnovers and penalties. I know that the coaching staff will address these issues and you guys will make the adjustments required to win at home this coming Friday! Mr. Pack, do not put this all on "you", do you hear me?! You are a solid QB that will lead this offense next Friday to victory! Offense needs to find a passing scheme that fits with the abilities of the players. Defense again played well enough to win this football game, nothing to hang your heads about, you bent, but did not break, just need some offense that can scurry down the field in a hurry to score when you get behind. Offensive line play was outstanding last night! The big guys up front banged on those "much bigger" Piketon boys all night until they were just out of gas! This goes to show your "conditioning program" is in good shape, no pun intended :>) ! Most impressive was something that I have not seen in a long time, you guys actually "believe" in yourselves now! I saw it on that drive mid way through the 4th quarter, you knew you were going to score, you knew you would get the PAT and you knew your defense would hold off the Red Streaks and you knew you were going to win this football game. I know for you guys as players that finding consolation in this is not easy, but you are a good football team and you have learned to "believe"! Enjoy your weekend, have a great week at school and at practice, rally around each other, you are more than team-mates, you are a band of brothers. Pick yourselves up, dust yourselves off! Fairfield Christian Academy is next. See you Friday at the field!

KA

One last thing, the Mohawk Band and the Mohawk Fans did a great job as the "12th Man" last night! See you Friday at the field as well!

KA

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

To think I missed this one for the burg-portsmouth game......worst decision of 2009 for me haha

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congrats to Piketon on the nice win and hanging in there at the end.

BIG improvements in the Northwest territory !!! Attitudes are beginning to show. Keep working.... you're gonna win some games this year. :-D

Slim Jim
Varsity

Post by Slim Jim »

all-time athlete wrote:To think I missed this one for the burg-portsmouth game......worst decision of 2009 for me haha

Why did you do that?

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

I thought it would be a good game...seems I was wrong :?

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Congratulations to Piketon for hanging in there for a tough win. I really think Northwest is going to be competitive in most games this year.

Bigboy52
All State

Post by Bigboy52 »

I hear that the Piketon coach said that the Northwest program has made great progress and this was the best Mohawk team he has seen in years.

Sounds like Coach Thompson and the staff are doing a good job with the program.

Return to “Football”