Week 5 Wheelersburg 45 Rock Hill 0

alabama mike
SE

Re: Week 5 Wheelersburg @ Rock Hill

Post by alabama mike »

IMO, this game could get ugly with Burg winning.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Get the game goin early an often, if possible, then get a passing game attack. We need it!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I look for a score similar to the South Point game, probably by halftime.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

demaniac1 wrote:Get the game goin early an often, if possible, then get a passing game attack. We need it!!

I can't agree more. Need to be able to throw the football especially to get deep in the playoffs.

MrClean
Waterboy

Post by MrClean »

SPAMONY

When exactly does Burg put their second string in? I have been to most of their games and it seems like they are more interested in running the score up. Even when they were crushing South Point it seemed like second string didn't go in until the 4th quarter.

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

The Pirates will roll to another victory...

Wheelersbug 42
Rock Hill 13

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

RH out played West, having two TD's called back.
but the Burg will win this one by 3 TD'S or more.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

MrClean wrote:SPAMONY

When exactly does Burg put their second string in? I have been to most of their games and it seems like they are more interested in running the score up. Even when they were crushing South Point it seemed like second string didn't go in until the 4th quarter.

I don't think it is running up the score. You have to work on things and you have to let your starters play. How many times have I read on here over the years where a team cruises through the regular season, destroying everyone they play. They take there starters out by halftime and then when they lose in the playoffs all you hear is how they weren't prepared for a team like that or that the starters hardly played.

I guess it can be looked on as running up the score, but IMO it gives a team a chance to work on certain types of plays.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Actually the score was 31-21 until late in the 4th qtr. So I can't see putting the 2nd group in against a team of this caliber. VASJ could strike quickly with the players they had. Burg scored an offensive TD then on the next defensive series an INT TD to put the game away late. I think both with under 6 minutes to play.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

If I remember correctly, and drrabbit would have the exact numbers, but I believe other than the opening drive of the 2nd half there weren't "all starters" on the field for the rest of the game. I know for a while he left a few out there in the 3rd quarter, but I'm pretty sure most of the 4th was played with the 2nd unit only.
Last edited by Burg_Grad_77 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

riverball
JV Team

Post by riverball »

Have to go with the Burg in this. I really hope that RH can keep it close though. I think the coach at RH if given the kids can do a good job. He has just ran out of kids that last couple of years.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

I say burg easy but if rock hill plays good, they will not fold easy. the QB is pretty good he has a good arm and a couple of good receivers. I know you wont but do not over look this 0-4 rock hill team they are better then their record shows. Burg-42 RH-14

samiam
Waterboy

Post by samiam »

Is Rock Hill's QB a freshman?

bucks fan
Riding the Bench

Post by bucks fan »

He's a Sophmore and he seems to be getting better every game. He did great against west

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I was really impressed at how hard RH played friday. That's really good for a coach to get a young team to do that, especially since they haven't won a game in almost 1 1/2 seasons. They have some talent and descent size. The QB is good now. Davenport is quite a player. If they continue to play as hard as they did friday, they will win at least 3 conference games (SP, Chessy, and RV).

Burg will be too much for them and the environment at Burg will make it worse on a young team.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Burg too tough, oline too strong, speed too much. RH is a good program and they are learning playing SOC teams. But i dont expect they will score minus a flook play early, until 2nd or 3rd stringers are in for burg. Sider, this game I think, is at RH!

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

ugly mothers in law doesnt even get close burg huge!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Wheelersburg by as much as they want. This one gets ugly fast.

fbbacker
Riding the Bench

Post by fbbacker »

Burg 59, Rock Hill 21.

Burg wins big but both teams get their subs quality PT in the second half.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

MrClean wrote:When exactly does Burg put their second string in? I have been to most of their games and it seems like they are more interested in running the score up. Even when they were crushing South Point it seemed like second string didn't go in until the 4th quarter.

My name was invoked so I guess I should give facts.

In the South Point game, the offensive starters played one series in the third quarter. The defense had some starters in for at least part of the next series. All starters except may a junior lineman or two were out before the halfway point of the third quarter.

It was approximately the same for the Portsmouth game except that the offense was in for a drive an a half (8 plays) in the third quarter as was the defense. It was around 5 minutes left in the third quarter when the starters were removed.

In neither game were there any starters playing in the fourth quarter unless you count Zaide Whitley who is third string quarterback but who does play some first string defense and Brandon Hall, starting linebacker, who did have one carry as fullback in the Portsmouth game on the first play of the fourth quarter.

IMO, they try to give the starters about 2.5 quarters of work before they pull them so that they are more ready for games like against VASJ where they have to play 4 quarters.

>>I have been to most of their games<< Curiosity: In a four game season, 'most' would imply 3 games. Besides South Point, what other two games have you been to?

Return to “Football”