Week 5 Waverly @ Ashland Blazer

jacknoodle
Waterboy

Re: Week 5 Waverly @ Ashland Blazer

Post by jacknoodle »

Anybody know if Malone is playing this week? After the Wellston game where the coaches fed him to the wolves, and for what reason? The were already winning with very little time left in the game? Anyways, back to this thread, any good or bad reports? I think a lot will lean heavily on if Malone is playing or not. Waverly has other really good players but Malone always seems to be the rocket that shoots off if you know what I am saying. Well, hope all is well with the boy.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

I think if there is any way he can play he will. I can't see him sitting out this game.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly's stumble against Jackson really hurt, a game they know they should have won. That loss makes this game against Ashland huge for the Tigers. Malone and anyone else nursing injuries will be playing if at all possible. With a very tough league schedule beginning next week Waverly needs this game. They're all playoff games from here on out.

bookem13
JV Team

Post by bookem13 »

Thanks for all the great info. guys. We will definitely be leaving early and making reservations if Roadhouse is the call. My sidekick was grumbling about going to the Ribber (that's not a tough sell for me either), so in any event, it sounds like we'll be eating well.

I agree that the cards seem stacked against the Tigers in this one. But, if you're a high school football player at Waverly, these are the types of games you have to love! You have an opportunity to go play a team that obviously has some well-deserved respect in this part of Ohio, and it's a HUGE point game. We absolutely must take care of the football...I'm saying we need a +3 turnover ratio to be in this ball game (it sounds like that's what the Tomcats had vs. Ironton). Hopefully, we're healed up and have all of our horses in the barn....I won't say any more on that front until later in the week. :?:

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

The key to this game will be turnovers and Waverly's offensive line. As said above IF Roback gets time he might be able to pick away at the Tomcats secondary with his arsenal of weapons and his ability to get out of the pocket and run the football. I think we need a fast start like Wellston and Vinton Co. and a turnover early wouldn't hurt either.
The game will absolultley count in the computer points. The OHSSA website has Ashland Blazer listed as a D-III school is anyone sure what division they are in Ohio? I think they are D-II (5A) in Kentucky, but that doesn't mean that is what they are in Ohio. Does anyone know for sure?

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

If Ashland is listed as a DIII school on the OHSAA website, then that is what they are classified as in Ohio. The OHSAA takes an out of state school's enrollment into consideration, and then translates that to what they would be if they were in Ohio. So if Waverly were to beat Ashland, they would get 5.0 Level 1 points. Then all of Ashland's defeated opponents enrollments would be determined according to the Ohio divisional basis as well, and awarded to Waverly as Level 2 points.

That's the way I have always understood it to be. Hopefully that makes sense.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I am thinking they are D2 in ohio. Eitel doesnt have them listed yet so im not sure.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Whatever size they are gets multiplied by their wins.

5.3 Non-member OHSAA school opponents are assigned a point value based upon male enrollment in grades 9-11. Second level points are awarded based upon the point value of the OHSAA non-member school multiplied times the number of victories by the non-member school (one-half value for a tie).

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/ftrglt.pdf

http://www.khsaa.org/reports/enrollment ... yalpha.pdf
Ashland has 371 boys grades 9-11 according to this.Which is Div II

So yes, they could beat 9 Div 6 size schools and they all count as Div II wins. Thus the term Harbin Cows.

LetItBe
Waterboy

Post by LetItBe »

Lets roll TOMCATS!!!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Ashland by alot!!!!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

demaniac1 wrote:I am thinking they are D2 in ohio. Eitel doesnt have them listed yet so im not sure.

When Ironton beat Ashland last season they were considered D3 in Ohio.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

That was last year.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Waverly was D-4 last year too. Now we are D-3. I am pretty sure OHSAA does non Ohsaa based on last 9-11 count.

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

I did not mean to start this crash course on the Harbin system and I apologize. Theway I understand is if Waverly all of Ashland's wins against non OHSAA teams will be either D-II or D-III points (whichever d ivsion Ashland is), but their win over Ironton (D-IV) and Russell (D-IV) will be D-IV points.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

wrong. all ashland wins will be worth div 2 points.

5.3 Non-member OHSAA school opponents are assigned a point value based upon male enrollment in grades 9-11.

Second level points are awarded based upon the point value of the OHSAA non-member school multiplied times the number of victories by the non-member school (one-half value for a tie).

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Here is the Waverly schedule on OHSAA's web site and they have Ashland listed as D3.

http://216.226.143.212/public/footballS ... ?sid=16058

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

If that has been updated then they(wins) are all worth div 3 points. I am not sure that is updated but it could be. I am just going off the actual number on the website I posted. Not sure why they would be div 3 with 372 boys but OHSAA may have updated numbers.

Ashland was Div 3 size last year but there were changes in may to division numbers. They have more boys this year as well.

Until someone in Ohio beats them it isn't going to matter anyways.

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

I just heard Malone was out for the season. Any truth to this?

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Didn't look like it at practice last night

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

Malone has broken Fibia in his left leg and he is out six weeks.

Return to “Football”