SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

tigermack
Freshman Team

Re: SOC2 Minford (5-1) @ Portsmouth West (5-1)

Post by tigermack »

I think Minford wins by at least 2 scores. West is overrated.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

I'm just glad this games not at Minford them refs last year tried to keep them in the game .

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I like West flying under the radar as the underdog. It's a good thing.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

fanatic23 wrote:I'm just glad this games not at Minford them refs last year tried to keep them in the game .

Maybe.....just maybe you will be lucky enough to have the refs try and keep you in the game this year since the tides have turned a bit :)

It should be a dandy.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:
fanatic23 wrote:I'm just glad this games not at Minford them refs last year tried to keep them in the game .

Maybe.....just maybe you will be lucky enough to have the refs try and keep you in the game this year since the tides have turned a bit :)

It should be a dandy.

A dandy? You predicted a 2 score game. This game will come down to the last quarter I would say. Better tell them Falcons to strap em up tight. It's gonna be a slobber knocker.

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Bleeding Red wrote:

It should be a dandy.

I really don't see anything different this year except you guys finally beat the burg.As far as you guys being a better team this year it's hard to tell because burgs down. This is the first time I can remember burg not being able to pass at all.From what I'm hearing Minford had trouble stopping the run last night if thats the case the beast #8 will have another big week. I can promise you one thing west will be waiting for the pooch kick.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

siderman wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

It should be a dandy.

A dandy? You predicted a 2 score game. This game will come down to the last quarter I would say. Better tell them Falcons to strap em up tight. It's gonna be a slobber knocker.

2 scores can be 6pts and Minford will kick FG's

If West comes out the first half like they did against Rock Hill and SP, and Minford hits on all cylinders, West will need the second half to last a week to get another comeback win. Its funny that Burg was predicted, even by just about every West poster, to be head and shoulders above everyone else in the conference. We beat them in a good ballgame. Dont just think that everyone else just stepped up 2 spots. I will tell you straight up that West isnt close to last year's West team and I dont see then beating Minford or Burg and could lose to Valley. But then again we are talking about kids so anything can happen on Friday nights!

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

TigerMack wrote:I think Minford wins by at least 2 scores. West is overrated.

I would lean more toward underrated than overrated seeing as how they can run the ball so well. Minford will be in for another dogfight for the 4th week in a row. I think this stretch of games is really going to make them a lot better. Falcons will be in for a close one and anyone who thinks otherwise is being dumb. Of course I'm gonna go with my Falcons getting the win in a game that comes down to the wire. Only way either team wins by two td's would be if they got one in late, I would be shocked if either team cruises in this game. Minford will have to come back in monday and get back to work and be ready to tighten those chinstraps up another notch. This week will go a long way in the SOC II race and playoff picture for both teams.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

fanatic23 wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

It should be a dandy.

I really don't see anything different this year except you guys finally beat the burg.As far as you guys being a better team this year it's hard to tell because burgs down. This is the first time I can remember burg not being able to pass at all.From what I'm hearing Minford had trouble stopping the run last night if thats the case the beast #8 will have another big week. I can promise you one thing west will be waiting for the pooch kick.

Wow just last week this burg team was suppose to be the best team in the soc by far and was going to compete for the region, now they are down? Also the score was 16-15 do you really think that either defense honestly struggled friday night?

pigskinguru
Freshman Team

Post by pigskinguru »

]Do you even want oak hill to make the playoffs? Finishing up the season agains five D VI teams only one of which with a winning record, your playoff hopes and dreams rest on the Falcons and their performance from here on out.

Everyone keeps saying this, but I don't see it. Oak Hill is in the playoffs unless they loose another game. Minford's only importance on Oak Hill's playoff chances will be in what seed they get.
If I was Oak Hill, I could care less if Minford won or not. If they win great, more points for Oak Hill, but if they lose than they would be in jeopardy of not making the playoffs themselves, just like Burg is if they lose another one. That would be one less team that you would have to worry about taking your spot in the playoffs. Oak Hill fans also might want West to win because of Coach Triplett from West. Coach Triplett had some nice years at Oak Hill. If I was Minford, I would worry about West, Valley , and Waverly, not what Oak Hill posters want, because one more lose and you may be the ones staying home week 11.
Last edited by pigskinguru on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Bleeding Red wrote:If West comes out the first half like they did against Rock Hill and SP, and Minford hits on all cylinders, West will need the second half to last a week to get another comeback win. Its funny that Burg was predicted, even by just about every West poster, to be head and shoulders above everyone else in the conference. We beat them in a good ballgame. Dont just think that everyone else just stepped up 2 spots. I will tell you straight up that West isnt close to last year's West team and I dont see then beating Minford or Burg and could lose to Valley. But then again we are talking about kids so anything can happen on Friday nights!

This is true. West needs to come out with the same intensity that they did last night. I will tell you West isn't as good as last year, but they aren't that far off either. At least the team that played yesterday isn't and I'll bet if you ask someone from Waverly that they'll say the same. The offensive line is finally starting to work as a unit and moving people off the ball. When that happens West goes from a descent team to a very good team. I don't know how much you've seen West but they are getting better, much better. You can't judge a team made up of mostly sophomores and juniors by early season results. They are right on schedule in their advancement like we said they would be. Minford will have their hands full.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

2 scores can be 6pts and Minford will kick FG's

The term scores usually means touchdowns. Atleast that's the way play by play guys use it!

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

This should be a great game. I think it will be like some of the games in the past. Which team's D-fense shows up will win the game. I think the Falcon D-fense showed alot by holding The Burg to fifteen points. And West's D-fense showed alot by holding Waverly. I think we are very evenly matched.

If Minford's linebackers don't step up and take on the lead blockers, and fill the hole, #8 will have a big night.

If West worries about #7 to much, our backs will have a big night.

If both D-fenses play well, it will be a low scoring game. And will come down to the same old thing, who makes the biggest mistakes on O-fense. Turnovers will be very costly in this game. If there is alot of turnovers the score could get crazy.

I can not understand why Oak Hill people would ever want us to lose a game. We will be their biggest point getter they got!!!

fanatic23
Freshman Team

Post by fanatic23 »

Bushy Tail Butcher wrote:This should be a great game. I think it will be like some of the games in the past. Which team's D-fense shows up will win the game. I think the Falcon D-fense showed alot by holding The Burg to fifteen points. And West's D-fense showed alot by holding Waverly. I think we are very evenly matched.

If Minford's linebackers don't step up and take on the lead blockers, and fill the hole, #8 will have a big night.

If West worries about #7 to much, our backs will have a big night.

If both D-fenses play well, it will be a low scoring game. And will come down to the same old thing, who makes the biggest mistakes on O-fense. Turnovers will be very costly in this game. If there is alot of turnovers the score could get crazy.

I can not understand why Oak Hill people would ever want us to lose a game. We will be their biggest point getter they got!!!

I totally agree mistakes and missed tackles will lose either the game.West just needs to play smart on defense and not bite on misdirection.If west can eliminate the big play I think they can win by 2 scores.

Uncle C
Riding the Bench

Post by Uncle C »

BeatsInThaSoutheast wrote:Not a big fan of Minford. Ecspecially after the comments they left about how lucky Oak Hill got when we beat them. We wanted that game more and we played harder so we won. I wanted them to beat Burg and they did, so i will say good job. But going with West on this one.

they did get lucky....and they got help....i was there.i saw it with my own eyes
minford was the best team on the field ,,,,,,,,,, oak hill just won the game
i wouldnt be suprised to see an oak hil vs minford match up in playoffs ,just like last years minford vs wheelersburg
oak hill does have a good team , but the calls were horrible .....good luck to the oaks
and good luck to minford against west........

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

West has played 2 wing T or single wing teams this year in South Point and Chesapeake. They don't have the caliber of athlete that Minford does, but it should help their preparation. It takes alot of maturity and reading your keys to stop the wing T.

I think West will slow down Minfords running, what scares me is the QB hitting that big Tight end they got.

WestFan27
Freshman Team

Post by WestFan27 »

Minford has to be the favorite. They didn't lose nearly the amount of kids from last year as we did. If this game was 3 weeks ago I would say Minford by 2 td's. Now West's young team is maturing. The coaches have done a great job getting them to play better. I think it will be close even game with West pulling it out in the end. Pendleton and Murphy will wear down Minford defense.

Minford fans all I know is you better beat us this year cause we will be very strong the next few years.

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I really don't think we need to talk about the Minford vs Oak Hill game. It is over, Oak Hill beat us. I will agree, Oak Hill was a better team on that night. I am not going to make any excuses for them, Minford, just didn't play well. But if you watched that game, and you think that was the best Minford could play, you are crazy. Let's just stay on the game at hand, Minford at West Portsmouth.

I think Minford is finally on track, I could see it in the boys eyes, after the game Friday. They wanted it, they got it, and they liked it!!!!!!!

Minford 21
West 14

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

cal preps:

Portsmouth West 21
Minford 19

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Mad_Dogg wrote:cal preps:

Portsmouth West 21
Minford 19

didnt cal preps say burg over Minford as well

Return to “Football”