Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Re: Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2

Post by preps_fan1980 »

pigskinguru wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:Off topic. Retiz high school is 8-0 on the season. http://www.reitzfootball.com

Was that the coach from the Burg that many were unhappy with when he was there? :-D

yeah. that was him. tony lewis. i'm glad he's doing well.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

preps_fan1980 wrote:
pigskinguru wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:Off topic. Retiz high school is 8-0 on the season. http://www.reitzfootball.com

Was that the coach from the Burg that many were unhappy with when he was there? :-D

yeah. that was him. tony lewis. i'm glad he's doing well.

i agree. i'm glad he is doin well

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

What no Cal preps Mad_dogg??

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Masseyratings says Burg 41-17. Dont believe it myself. If Malone is back, could be trouble. No film on him in games so far this year? Someone can tell me if he's played at all after week one.

And yes it WILL probably rain.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Will bendolph be back for this game? Or is Shank relegated to corner duties again? Would be nice to see the team at full strength!

1fan1
Riding the Bench

Post by 1fan1 »

Not everyone was unhappy; lots of people respected him and many players did, too. He had a lot of success at Burg. You know how it goes...playing time usually. He was a good coach and a good person. Glad to see he is doing so well. Usually people who are happy and satisfied are silent.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

I loved lewis as Coach. That offense and defense could come back from any deficit!! Being an Ed Miller alum, its hard to understand some of the calls lewis made in certain situations. Just as I have with the calls in the Minford game with the new coach. But I liked the defense, and Im all about defense, and the kids are doing really good under Woodward, which they should since he was the DC for Burg under Lewis. I am satisfied and happy to see Lewis doing good at Reitz! He has over 70 players to choose from for god sakes!! WOW!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2 week 8

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Remember the hurricane game? lol

hurricane game?

It was back in the 90's I believe and the remnants of a hurricane were sweeping through the area and it rained like pouring pee out of a boot. Waverly had a really good QB at the time that had a ton of passing yards that season, but the rain kept him from throwing and completing very many passes and the Burg beat them.

jungle cat
Freshman Team

Post by jungle cat »

I don't think that even if Roback and Malone are both healthy and at 100% if it will make any difference in this game. Waverly is done, Burg will throw up 60 or more.

soccerfix
Varsity

Re: Waverly 3-4 vs Wheelersburg 5-2 week 8

Post by soccerfix »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:
Mad_Dogg wrote:
Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Remember the hurricane game? lol

hurricane game?

It was back in the 90's I believe and the remnants of a hurricane were sweeping through the area and it rained like pouring pee out of a boot. Waverly had a really good QB at the time that had a ton of passing yards that season, but the rain kept him from throwing and completing very many passes and the Burg beat them.

That was Hurricane Hugo. Every other game was postponed, but Burg insisted on playing that night.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

IMO I think Burg will take the victory at Ed Miller Stadium against a Waverly team that is playing without some of its regular starters. Roback is a good passer but the Tigers do not have a running game to keep the defense honest. Waverly has also had problems containing the run this year so the backs from Burg should have a good game. Burg needs to have a good week of practice, cover the passing lanes well and keep the Tiger offense from giving Roback time to throw the ball. Burg wins by at least 2-3 TD's.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Burg needs to take it one game at a time. 3 big home games upcoming and they have to win all three to make the playoffs.

Could end up making up enough points to possibly have a first round home game. A few of the teams up ahead of them will be playing each other in the next three weeks. Nelsonville York, if they lose the next two to Athens and Ironton, will drop out of the picture. If they win either one of those games they will be hosting week one. Fredericktown has a tough game this week against Utica. Coal Grove still has Rock Hill and River Valley,who are both 1-6 as of now and then they finish up with Fairland, who will more than likely need to win that game to get into the playoffs. If CG loses that, they will drop out.

The next three weeks will be very intersting. You mess up now and lose a game, you are probably getting out the b-balls early.

Green Beagle
JV Team

Post by Green Beagle »

I think Burg will win this one.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:What no Cal preps Mad_dogg??

this is for you oz

calpreps:

Wheelersburg 44
Waverly 14

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

demaniac1 wrote:Masseyratings says Burg 41-17. Dont believe it myself. If Malone is back, could be trouble. No film on him in games so far this year? Someone can tell me if he's played at all after week one.

And yes it WILL probably rain.

via: weather.com

high of 49 degrees with a 50% chance of showers.

preps_fan1980
Freshman Team

Post by preps_fan1980 »

looking forward to this game. it'll be good to be back in Ed Miller Stadium...especially for the last three weeks of the season.

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

WB 42-7

briandixon
Waterboy

Post by briandixon »

I dont think waverly has had that hard of a time containing RB's.... WP and ashland both have OUTSTANDING RB's that can run through anyone.... But on a side note.... I have no idea what the crap Waverly is doing anymore.... but i will just say burg with no score prediction for the simple fact who the crap is gonna QB.... who is the running back.... is roback gonna be a WR again... the Valley game confused the crap outta me I dont know how Valley maintained lol

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

briandixon wrote:I dont think waverly has had that hard of a time containing RB's.... WP and ashland both have OUTSTANDING RB's that can run through anyone.... But on a side note.... I have no idea what the crap Waverly is doing anymore.... but i will just say burg with no score prediction for the simple fact who the crap is gonna QB.... who is the running back.... is roback gonna be a WR again... the Valley game confused the crap outta me I dont know how Valley maintained lol

who is wp?

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
briandixon wrote:I dont think waverly has had that hard of a time containing RB's.... WP and ashland both have OUTSTANDING RB's that can run through anyone.... But on a side note.... I have no idea what the crap Waverly is doing anymore.... but i will just say burg with no score prediction for the simple fact who the crap is gonna QB.... who is the running back.... is roback gonna be a WR again... the Valley game confused the crap outta me I dont know how Valley maintained lol

who is wp?

That would be West Portsmouth=Portsmouth West ,Dogg ;-)

Return to “Football”