SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Stu Pedasso
Waterboy

Re: SOC2 Championship: Valley (7-2, 3-1) @ Minford (8-1, 4-0)

Post by Stu Pedasso »

The old lineman says...falcons by 14 pts in a hard fought battle and possibly a deep run in the regionals if they stay healthy and keep their heads on straight. Good Luck to both teams...no injuries...Go Falcons!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

GO VALLEY!!!!

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

It looks like a minford win gives the burg a good chance for a first rd rematch. For me a chance for a little revenge tops the SOC.

Bucknut27
Varsity

Post by Bucknut27 »

Minford is 7-2 not 8-1.

sportsfan9572
Freshman Team

Post by sportsfan9572 »

Yes on paper Minford is 7-2 and you can take the win away from them but it doesn't change the fact of what happened on the field. Goodluck Friday Falcons.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Minford IMO

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

IMO Minford is 8-1......

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

chicken_coop wrote:IMO Minford is 8-1......

I agree, but you know that one player in the fourth quarter for 3 plays really changed the outcome of a 42-0 blowout. Stupid rules! :lol:

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

mikenmike wrote:
chicken_coop wrote:IMO Minford is 8-1......

I agree, but you know that one player in the fourth quarter for 3 plays really changed the outcome of a 42-0 blowout. Stupid rules! :lol:

Yea, I know.... :122247

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

Well it's Monday morning, I hope everybody is as excited as I am. It's along time until Friday night, and I feel like I have ants in my pants.

I can't wait to get this one started. It looks like the weather is going to let us get some good practice in this week. That will mean alot, for both teams. I hope we can have a dry game, and not like it was at Waverly, last Friday. I think with that much rain, and mud, we missed a good chance to watch a good game.

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

E_Waugh
Freshman Team

Post by E_Waugh »

In a low scoring game and the battles of the defenses.... I think this game could possibly be way closer than a lot of people think...

Valley 14
Minford 13

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Friday is looking like a good possibility of showers. The good thing is Minford's field holds up good even when wet. Thank goodness we are not playing this game at Waverly....that field stinks if it gets wet, turns into a mud pit.

With the rain I think the Falcons will win by a larger margin that I predicted simply because it will hamper the Valley air attack. From what I have been told by a few scouts watching Burg Friday vs Valley, if you stop the fade pattern Valley cant move the ball very well at all. I see Minford putting a few really good D backs on the big tight end from Valley and make them go to other receivers to move the ball down the field. I also look for a BIG night from Oesch, Bryan, Slone, McCormick and McKnight on offense and an even bigger night by Gaines, #25 (his name has left me!) and Oesch.

I think Minford has been waiting on this game for the past 2 weeks and are going to come out hitting hard and often. They know what this game holds and they going to get after it.

Play relentless Friday night!

sportsmr
Freshman Team

Post by sportsmr »

As a Valley fan I hate to say this but I think Minford will win this game. B.Crabtree being out is a huge loss on the defensive side of the ball. I do think it will be a very good game. Best of luck to Brice in a speedy recovery. Hopefully both teams can play 4 quarters of injury free football.

falconater
Freshman Team

Post by falconater »

This is usually a good game. The loss of Brice Crabtree really hurts Valley's run defense and pass protection for Utley. I expect a high scoring game. The secret for the Falcons is not to let this game be close at the end. Utley is a very good playmaker under pressure and Valley has a lot of good receivers. Minford's staff has had excellent game plans all year, and I'd expect the same this week. These two teams do not like each other and it will be a hard hitting affair.

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Look at all the head to head match ups between Valley and Minford.
Coal Grove, West, burg. The Waverly game was a wash (no pun intended)

But, looking at these score comparisons and the fact Valley has no running game and can't stop the run. Minford can run and can stop the run.
Valley has the edge in the passing game. Minford can pass with confidence.
With it at Minford, play-off points and the outright SOC II title on the line. I see:

Minford - 35
Valley - 14

Minford- beat the burg with the run and burg put 400 yards rushing on Valley.
I hope they shake hands after the game this year. :roll:

OST
Freshman Team

Post by OST »

I'll tell you one thing, Minford isnt going to let up one bit. I feel sorry for valley to be honest. Because they really have no idea exactly how great of a football team they're about to step on the same feild with. I'm not saying they dont belong on the same feild as Minford, Not saying that all I'm just saying Minford is playing the best football around here an ever since the oakhill loss they've had one goal an that's to send the rest of the teams they've played home feeling like they did against the Oaks. This is going to be exciting game to watch because of the SOC II and the Playoffs being on the line an every cross town battle of these two are always fun an extremely intense games. My Prediction

Minford 21
Valley-6

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

OST wrote:I'll tell you one thing, Minford isnt going to let up one bit. I feel sorry for valley to be honest. Because they really have no idea exactly how great of a football team they're about to step on the same feild with. I'm not saying they dont belong on the same feild as Minford, Not saying that all I'm just saying Minford is playing the best football around here an ever since the oakhill loss they've had one goal an that's to send the rest of the teams they've played home feeling like they did against the Oaks. This is going to be exciting game to watch because of the SOC II and the Playoffs being on the line an every cross town battle of these two are always fun an extremely intense games. My Prediction

Minford 21
Valley-6

I think the Valley people are getting their rope out to hang you with it after that comment. But its true.

Valley played good against Coal Grove. I happen to know ALOT of people from Coal Grove cause my wife graduated from the Grove. And I can tell you that the Grove played one of their best games of the year against Minford. Minford played really poor the first half and then dominated the second half. They played with that same enthusiam and energy against Burg and West. There is no doubt they will all 4 quarters against Valley. These Minford seniors are a very close knitt group and have really been putting it together. To be honest, Valley HAS to stop the run but they are going to get alot of balls thrown at them to. And Oesch has been throwing the ball on a rope and hitting his spots. They are going to be very hard to stop.

On the flip side Minford has been stopping everything coming at them. The defensive schemes have been dialed in and the kids making the plays. Look for the same Friday night.

I think with the recent history of this rivalry, if either coach can get up 50 points at the half they will. No love lost!

Marshallman- that comment about shaking hands is funny! I am putting myself on good behavior this week, so that is all I will say about it! :122245

NICKNEVADA
All Conference

Post by NICKNEVADA »

M 27-14

Bushy Tail Butcher
Freshman Team

Post by Bushy Tail Butcher »

I don't know what kind of game plan the Minford coaches have for this week. But I think they will make Valley stop the run. The run has been very good to us this year. But if they stop our backs, they will have to watch out for ole' #7 running the ball. His running saved us against The Burg. And then of course they will have to stop the pass. Our passing has really looked good at times. It saved us at Coal Grove, and at West.

Let's just hope we can get it all together Friday night!!

Proud to be a Falcon!!!

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I guess we will see on friday night...

Return to “Football”