D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Who advances?

Total votes: 0

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: D5 - Region 19: (#5) Wheelersburg at (#4) Monroe Central

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

football wrote:
yabbadabbadoo wrote:Probably the best round 1 matchup out of the 4.

Burg just needs to go up there and take care of business. The good thing is the Burg is out of school on Friday, so they can leave whenever they want to. Don't have to leave school early.

What might hurt is the fan base. How many will be able to make that long travel. Since they have went to the 8 team format and the top 4 getting home games, I believe this is the first time that Burg has had to travel for the first game.

Go up there and take care of business Burg. Someone put on here that it looked like there QB had thrown for over 1,000 yards. So!!!! So had Utley for Valley and I'm sure that the St. Joe's QB threw for over a 1,000 yards this year as well. Burg just needs to continue to play the kind of ball they have been playing since the loss to Minford. They need to take care of the ball and need to not make stupid penalties.

Good luck Pirates. I will be out of town and will have to miss this game, so go ahead and win so that I can watch in week 2. :122245 :122245

In 03' Burg had to travel to Chesapeake in their first round matchup as the 6th seed.

Yep, do remember that now. That was the night Kaskey ran all over the Peake up there. They had no answer on how to stop him.

Mikenmike
JV Team

Post by Mikenmike »

Good luck burg represent the soc!

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Best of luck Burg! Have a safe trip up to Woodsfield and bring back a W!

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'm taking Da Burg IMO

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Wheelersburg is really playing well right now. That ground game with that big line and speed in the backfield is gonna be a problem for anyone. If they get past this game, I look for them at least to play for the region.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

As long as Burg keeps the MC passing game in check I think they will win by more than a TD. Good luck as I am sure that you will represent the SOC II well up there Friday!

RogueWarrior1965
Varsity

Post by RogueWarrior1965 »

Good luck to Wheelersburg. I am sure you will represent SOC II very well.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Bleeding Red wrote:As long as Burg keeps the MC passing game in check I think they will win by more than a TD. Good luck as I am sure that you will represent the SOC II well up there Friday!

You might want to rethink that. Monroe has averaged 234 yards a game on the ground, as well as throwing the ball well. Dierkes has thrown for 825 yards this season, his 4th as a starter. Overall, they average a little over 320 yards a game offensively.

Believe me, they can air it out when they want to, but pounding the ball on the ground is MC's offensive mindset.

This is going to be a very good game, that I expect to be settled by less than seven points for either team.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Steely, Burg has seen some good running backs down this way. No doubt trevon pendleton from West, Slone from Minford, Wetzel from Ironton. You have read on here enuff to know what Burg has gone through thois season. Now, we dont know much about MC cause they dont have alot of posters on this site. I know they have three good runners, one a speedster, and Kinchun? the hard nosed RB. Dierkes is a really good Qb that can run out of the pocket well when harrassed and has a great arm. I think it really comes down to the trenches and Burgs/Noles DEs. If one team can jump out big like most games this season for both teams, it will make the other one dimensional and thats will be a problem for either.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

demaniac - I agree with you wholeheartedly. Monroe's line is not big, but very athletic and very strong. Monroe is not a team that has a line that averages 240 lbs, but they are very quick.

MC's has three runners that can get it done, in Hogue, Headley, and Kinchen, but don't forget that Dierkes has run for almost 600 yards this year himself. Kinchen is a 15 year old sophomore that is a man out there. He ran for 1000 yards in seven games as a freshman, and has about 700 this year in eight games, seeing limited duty due to the number of blowouts on the schedule. He's averaging almost 7 yards per carry.

This game will be a very interesting match-up, and I'm really looking forward to it. Whether the game is in Woodsfield or Marietta, expect a huge crowd from Monroe County, the Seminoles travel very well, if the game is in Marietta. Their fan base reminds me alot of the Burg.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

Monroe likes to run the ball, but can pass when called upon. Like Wheelersburg. Good ball game, but I give the edge to Monroe Central. 24-8

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

I believe it all comes down to who wants it more...if the Burg brings their A game...Burg Wins...if not...they lose...I believe its up to the Burg who wins this one...can't have any turnovers...this will be the toughest team Burg faces until the semi's...if they get that far...

jayphillips
Waterboy

Post by jayphillips »

Good Luck Pirates! I'll be there rooting you on.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Burg Vs Monroe?

Post by Mad-Dogg »

demaniac1 wrote:calpreps has it 26-24 MC

i just checked it and they have it 26-24 burg

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I wonder if MC looks at any film of Wheelersburg before they make a descision on the field? Unless their O-line is just too small to play in the mud, I would say it would be a big mistake to move Wheelersburg from a slow track to a turf field. I can't remember ever seeing a team any faster than them.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Good Luck Burg.

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

After watching some film from that website(Shenandoah vs. MC) do they kick extra points? I noticed they went for three 2 point trys.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Here's the scoring detail from Monroe's game Friday night. Maybe the weather conditions in both the game highlights you have watched had something to do with the decision to go for two...

Compliments of the Marietta Times:

Monroe Central 13 19 13 0 - 45

Buckeye Trail 0 0 0 8 - 8

First quarter

MC - Kole Hogue 19 run (Derek-London Dierkes kick), 9:22.

MC - Dierkes 7 run (kick failed), 2:36.

Second quarter

MC - Jesse Headley 1 run (pass failed), 10:44.

MC - Jacob Black 31 pass from Dierkes (Dierkes kick), 8:19.

MC - Hogue 24 run (kick failed), 6:34.

Third quarter

MC - Hogue 34 run (Dierkes kick), 9:39.

MC - Headley 5 run (kick failed), 3:35.

BT - Brandon Sealock 7 run (J.C. Huber run), 6:59.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Mapquest has this trip as a 3hr and 50+ minute trip! WOW!!
That is a long trip! Hope I can go! But if not hoping either Burg can learn how to stop the pass.
It would be a long night to drive that far and not come back with a win.

Burg is playing really good right now, so play on and keep football season alive!!

fuzzhead
SEOP

Post by fuzzhead »

I honestly feel Wheelersburg should win this game by no less than two scores. They've played much tougher competition.

Return to “Football”