Post by Tiger Man »

TIGERS all the way baby!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS GO!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Re: IRONTON vs COSHOCTON Regional Championship

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Tobias wrote:Have it in Portsmouth...

...make Coshocton travel to the south since they are the lower seed...

I've seen the OHSAA make similar decisions...

...in 1984, the Div 3 State-Semi between Cincinnati McNicholas and Portsmouth was held in Middletown.....

40 minutes for McNicholas...
3 hours for Portsmouth

:roll: :122246

Yeah, Burg has played Versailles 3 times in the cincy area. 55 minute drive for them, 3 hour driver for Burg.

I would say lancaster is out unless they have turf and as of two years ago, they didn't. I would say Teays Valley like was mentioned above.

ccfan
Waterboy

Post by ccfan »

They won't play on grass...rule out lancaster, although the 10 min. trip would work for me. Hamilton would be a decent half way. I've never been to NY's field, so it would not bother me if thats where it ended up.

As for the game....I'm not sure how Heath's D held Ironton to two scores, but I'm taking that as a sign of a good game coming up this wk. Coshocton gets to the ball off the edges in no time. Although AC's D kept their back from getting loose, it was as if you were waiting for it to happen at any time with that offense. Special teams are very good.
Both will have their hands full next Sat..

GoChiefs
Varsity

Post by GoChiefs »

2trap_4ever wrote:
and I'm sure the SEOPer's of Logan would give the fans of Ironton a nice, warm welcome. :122245

I'm sure most of us are pulling for Ironton to rep the league and the area since they are the last ones left.

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

What were the stats from both games?...I saw Ironton's but would love to see the stats..

ironman02
SEOP

Re: IRONTON vs COSHOCTON

Post by ironman02 »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I heard Jackson didnt want a playoff game, but that would be nice if they had it there.

Those rumors weren't true, to the best of my knowledge. Jackson probably won't get this game, but I really hope they do.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I am all for Zanesville being they now have a very nice stadium and it is only a thirty minute drive for me.

On the other hand I really would like to see the stadium in Logan.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Get it to were they travel about the same and not on grass.
With the southeastern part of the state getting more turf there is no reason for Ironton to be going over RT.33

Bring them to Nelsonville or Logan---Go Tigers

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

If they have it at Hamilton Twp. you fella's had better take a plastic urinal with you, or spend half of the game waiting to get into the porto-potty! Don't know what you gals will do. NO KIDDING!

schenk11
All Conference

Post by schenk11 »

Logan is about 2 hours both ways

tigerfan83
Freshman Team

Post by tigerfan83 »

I vote for either Porstmouth or Jackson either one of these sites would fine to me.

LETS GO TIGERS !

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
Tobias wrote:Have it in Portsmouth...

...make Coshocton travel to the south since they are the lower seed...

I've seen the OHSAA make similar decisions...

...in 1984, the Div 3 State-Semi between Cincinnati McNicholas and Portsmouth was held in Middletown.....

40 minutes for McNicholas...
3 hours for Portsmouth

:roll: :122246

Yeah, Burg has played Versailles 3 times in the cincy area. 55 minute drive for them, 3 hour driver for Burg.

I would say lancaster is out unless they have turf and as of two years ago, they didn't. I would say Teays Valley like was mentioned above.

good point, but your math is a little off. Versailles is a good 1 1/2 hr. drive down to the West Chester area (north of 275 on 75). Depending on where you played them, it was 1 1/2 to 2 hrs. for them.

Ironton played G'town Valley View in 99 at Cincy Priceton (i think). b/c GVV is on the south end of Dayton, and Princeton is on the Northern end of Cincy, this was only 35-40 min drive or so.

Sidenote: Glad I didn't leave at the half of that one :-D :-D :-D

TIGERS90
Varsity

Post by TIGERS90 »

That was the perfect game for Ironton...It is going to give Lutz a lot of things to work on this week that will only make us a better team...I didn't want it that close...however...I am glad that we came out on the winning side...the close score though could be a good thing...I think it only makes us tougher to beat...

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

To my ever growing knowledge from webcasts here in Orlando, listening to the Ironton Fighting Tigers, Turf is a must or preferred after first round. To me, Jackson makes the most sense and is fair. I had the horrendous dis-pleasure of coming home to see Ironton and Bellaire in Zanesville in the regional final, a few seasons back. I really wanted to see this game, and a good friend, whom is an Ironton Coach, told me I better come If i wanted to see a great game, and unfortunately probably a task too much for the tigers, so I went, and that drive to zanesville from My aunt's house near the Junior High in Ironton, was just too much... If they call it there, they will have lost all respect from me they re-gained when the comissioner of the OHSAA showed up at Ironton for Coach Lutz 361 record breaking win over Nelsonville York to present him with a plaque. It showed pure class, they re-deemed themselves with me, but if they put us in zanesville again, my feelings will return to how they were before win 361. OVERLOOKED!!!

I was not surprised by the low scoring game. There were really only two blow outs alter and i believe ottawa glandorf. Alter will just keep rolling. Defense wins games. Both Ironton and Heath, I think showed they were the premiere teams of this region last night. I carefully read all I could about them. I knew their speed would cause a close game. But they came out so fired up, they were bent over , hands on hips, and gasping before half time. Both had turnovers. That cannot happen from here on out. I will study Coshocton closely, and all i can find on them. I believe they only lost to dover, and new philadelphia, by large amounts. good luck to both, BUT gotgersgo!!! get the ball, get the ball, get the ball, get the ball, get the ball,!!!

Kettering is in the drivers seat, but anything can and will happen... whoda thunk heath would miss a pat, and the game winning field goal from the ten yard line???? As soon as they missed that first pat, i said to myself, that is the game right there.. darn im good... Betcha wished i didnt type so much though..

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

It won't be Portsmouth they did not apply for a playoff game.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Tobias wrote:
BigTime wrote:It won't be Portsmouth they did not apply for a playoff game.

Why did Portsmouth decide not to apply for a playoff game?

No Parking at all.

Why would Jackson not want a playoff game?

Hamilton Twp has turf and not a bad drive.
Will be able to handle the crowd that will attend this game.

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

bengalfan76 wrote:
Tobias wrote:
BigTime wrote:It won't be Portsmouth they did not apply for a playoff game.

Why did Portsmouth decide not to apply for a playoff game?

Why would Jackson not want a playoff game?

There was an article in our local newspaper after we didn't get a Round 2 game. Our AD basically said that things just didn't work out geographically for Jackson to host in that round, and they hoped they would get a regional final. Jackson wants a game, but I doubt if they get one. Logan seems to be the best choice for this game, in my opinion.

Return to “Football”