SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

hornet8088
Freshman Team

Re: Week 7 West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by hornet8088 »

larry what about burg and west ? i think minford may come out ready. dont know if they can beat west.

westsidelarry
Waterboy

Post by westsidelarry »

where is all the chest pounders from minford at?????? oh wait you got CRUSHED friday. no wonder your so quiet.i guess you guys had your feel of crow,dont blame ya for bein quiet.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

westsidelarry wrote:wont even be close,minford posters had their state rings ordered then the burg stomped them.i think its funny.valley will be the only team that plays close to west.and who cares that people dont like west. by the way CLASSY IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proud to be a real WEST SIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being classy is over rated, huh? Well Yee-haw to hee-haw. :mrgreen: Your ignorance proceeds you. I don't remember where anyone from Minford said they could beat Youngstown Ursline. So first of all don’t put words into people mouths.

It just maybe West's year to beat Minford, just like last years it was Minford's to beat West. Since Brent and Merrill took over their respective programs, the series is: Minford 2 West 1, both winning on each others fields. Who knows? But don't come on here and get personal when you don't know what you're talking about, and making false statements.

Also, I know plenty of West Siders and they don't act like you. It's safe to say with you, it's definitely where stupid bread stupid. Now go craw back into your single wide trailer, and have another Old Milwaukee and quit making the West Side look bad.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

westsidelarry wrote:minford way over rated. west smacks them around.im thinkin portsmouth,northwest,minford,manchestor,green,and east should be in a conforence together to make it more competative.JMO. The conference should be called STOSO. Suckie teams of southern Ohio.
That is probably the most ignorant statement I have ever read on this website. It matches up really well with the poster.

West fans have a really bad reputation because of people like you. I like how you trash these programs behind a made up user name without a real name or real picture of yourself on the board. I am willing to exchange information at anytime with you, if you know what I mean :122249

And Minford fans havent left. We are still here. We have been here all along, unlike you.

The funny thing is that you werent on this site last year when West wasnt as good as they are this year. They must have found one more seat on the bandwagon for big mouth westsidelarry.

west football
Waterboy

Post by west football »

West will run the ball all over the place with Pendilton, Locher and Auger. Then the passing game will put them on there heals. West 34-14.

RedStormRising
Riding the Bench

Post by RedStormRising »

Bleeding Red wrote:The key to last year's win at West was the defensive line and LB's for Minford. They were gang tackling Pendelton for nearly no gains on every rush. And they held the Murphy kid to little yards.
There was several keys last year. The defense owned West and the offense completely dominated Wests defense especially on the offensive line. Minford also had a very experienced senior laden team that made a difference. You cant simulate varsity experience. You either have it or you dont. The biggest difference I see this year is Minford is not nearly as strong as last year and they arent gonna push to many teams around this year. Speed is great but it doesnt matter if you have 5-6 defenders in the backfield because the o line is getting man handled.

To win this game the defense has to step up and the ends have to contain which they did not against burg. the offense needs to line to at least sustain some type of blocking to slow down the defense. look for west to bring the same type of heat and aggression that burg did. Minford better be ready or this game gets ugly to.

come on Minford, its make or break time. you can do it but you must put last week behind you.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

RedStormRising wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:The key to last year's win at West was the defensive line and LB's for Minford. They were gang tackling Pendelton for nearly no gains on every rush. And they held the Murphy kid to little yards.
There was several keys last year. The defense owned West and the offense completely dominated Wests defense especially on the offensive line. Minford also had a very experienced senior laden team that made a difference. You cant simulate varsity experience. You either have it or you dont. The biggest difference I see this year is Minford is not nearly as strong as last year and they arent gonna push to many teams around this year. Speed is great but it doesnt matter if you have 5-6 defenders in the backfield because the o line is getting man handled.

To win this game the defense has to step up and the ends have to contain which they did not against burg. the offense needs to line to at least sustain some type of blocking to slow down the defense. look for west to bring the same type of heat and aggression that burg did. Minford better be ready or this game gets ugly to.

come on Minford, its make or break time. you can do it but you must put last week behind you.

I agree. But we saw the same type of tackling and hitting in the Oak Hill win that we saw last year. It was non existent vs Burg.

Oak Hill's line is one of the best around. We dominated them. That is the EFFORT they have to put up to stay in the ballgame Friday vs West. If not, it will get ugly. No doubt West is better than Burg, especially up front.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I want to see minford pull this out because we need the points but IMHO pendelton will run wild on the falcon d. West by 14

sider_zone
Freshman Team

Post by sider_zone »

If this Game is Won in the Trenches (and I believe it will) it will be ugly for Minford. After Watching the Game on the Zone I honestly believe that Burg is the only team that can even come close to matching up with the O and D Line of West in SOCII, and if you notice our Roster only 1 and sometimes 2 of those Boys are Seniors, and a few don't even play both ways. Pendelton will have a big night and so will the other 5 Backs as always. West could very possibly Score more than 45pts. this week.

There is just No Way You can Compare this Team to Last Year!!!!!!!!!!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

imo west is the best team in the are this year and i think they will run the table in the soc II. however they better not come into the game against minford too cocky, because if minford plays like they can the will smack west in the mouth early!! I know minford didnt play well against burg, but that doesnt mean anything! we all know this is high school football and anything can happen! I just hope for an injury free game and may the best team win!!

Portsmouth98
All State

Post by Portsmouth98 »

Minford can probably compete with this West team at home. They will have fight and claw and play a near perfect game but they have the ability to be the best team West has seen this year.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Vladimir wrote:
westsidelarry wrote:wont even be close,minford posters had their state rings ordered then the burg stomped them.i think its funny.valley will be the only team that plays close to west.and who cares that people dont like west. by the way CLASSY IS OVERRATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! proud to be a real WEST SIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Being classy is over rated, huh? Well Yee-haw to hee-haw. :mrgreen: Your ignorance proceeds you. I don't remember where anyone from Minford said they could beat Youngstown Ursline. So first of all don’t put words into people mouths.

It just maybe West's year to beat Minford, just like last years it was Minford's to beat West. Since Brent and Merrill took over their respective programs, the series is: Minford 2 West 1, both winning on each others fields. Who knows? But don't come on here and get personal when you don't know what you're talking about, and making false statements.

Also, I know plenty of West Siders and they don't act like you. It's safe to say with you, it's definitely where stupid bread stupid. Now go craw back into your single wide trailer, and have another Old Milwaukee and quit making the West Side look bad.
Thank you Vladimir

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

I don't think Larry is a West Sider, someone trying to stir the pot. Why would he say: Proud to be a REAL west sider.
WHY SAY REAL, CAUSE HE AIN'T.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I still think West is the best team in the area.
Hmmmm didn't you say yesterday you thought Jackson was the best team in the area? I know it was a flip flop from your pick of Chillicothe the week before ;-)

I think West wins this one.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Minford is capable of winning this game. They're going to have to put the good parts of the first 5 games together in one game to do it. This week will say a lot about this team and the seniors. When the going gets though what are you going to do? Will you step up and be a man or will you fold up the tents and go home. This team has too much talent and has worked too hard to pack it in after one bad game. I'm excited to see them play, I'm sure it will be a different team than last week. I don't know about scores, but I know Minford CAN win this game.

Seniors this is your team, you guys will decide the rest of the season, don't throw it away now, basketball season can wait.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

West 35-7.

Red_Dog
Freshman Team

Post by Red_Dog »

This Minford team will truly be put to the test this week with a tough West team coming to town and coming off of a tough loss. They need to learn a lesson from last week, but they cannot dwell on it or it will be another long night in Minford. If they move on and learn from last week, it will be a barnburner.

It is up to the boys how everything goes down. Coach Daniels and his staff will have a great gameplan as always, but it's up to the players to execute. Minford must avoid the stupid penalties and the line on both sides of the ball needs to toughen up because West will hit them in the mouth. I'm just anxious to see how my Falcons react; will they rise to the occasion, or will they fold?

Ragweed87
Waterboy

Post by Ragweed87 »

After getting pounded by the Burg, ill say Minford loses a hard fought battle to the Siders. Lets go with... 28-16

dougout
Waterboy

Post by dougout »

west by 40

Jock_Itch
Waterboy

Re: SOC2: West 6-0 @ Minford 5-1

Post by Jock_Itch »

West wins this by as many as 21...they are too tough up front and should control the line of scrimmage

Return to “Football”