WK10 SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: SOC2 7-2 Minford @ 8-1 Lucasville Valley

Post by wobycat »

^^^
Or you can fumble once, give valley a short field to score and have them tackle your wide receiver when the pass is in the air, intercept it, and run it back to the your forty because that's all valley did.

Buckeye_demon32
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye_demon32 »

wobycat wrote:^^^
Or you can fumble once, give valley a short field to score and have them tackle your wide receiver when the pass is in the air, intercept it, and run it back to the your forty because that's all valley did.
It helps if u actually watch the games ur talking about....valley was down by 8 mid way thru the 4th against burg....whereas minford playing burg 3rd string by that time....valley didn't stop burg at all ill give u that but they sure played better than minford did and when they got down they didn't give up like minford did

crazee-oakaholic
All Conference

Post by crazee-oakaholic »

This game will be a good one..wish I could make it

MightyOaksFan
SE

Post by MightyOaksFan »

Valley 35
Minford 21

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Buckeye_demon32 wrote:
It helps if u actually watch the games ur talking about....valley was down by 8 mid way thru the 4th against burg....whereas minford playing burg 3rd string by that time....valley didn't stop burg at all ill give u that but they sure played better than minford did and when they got down they didn't give up like minford did

I hope it comes down to the wire cause Minford's coach has Valley's number.......

I would like to see #5 back there returning kickoffs for Minford. He is the best returner we have. This game is for all the marbles and I think Minford can break returns for TD's or at worst case get very good field position with #5 back there. I hope to see #5 run some bootlegs and waggles this week to. He is our game changer. No reason to hold back and I am sure that #5 wants the ball as much as he can get it.

I look for Minford to control the clock with their running game and then bust open big plays. Minford's best defense is going to be keeping Valley's offense on the sidelines by eating up the clock.

I think Minford's biggest challenge is going to be at LB. Those 3 guys have to contain Yates from running out of the backfield and also defend the 5-10 yard cross patterns.

It should be a very interesting game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Buckeye_demon32 wrote:
Oh. I was there. I also think Valley is better than Minford, but at no point was Valley in the game.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I just watched most of it on VSN. Burg dominated the game from start to finish.

Valley is good though. They never quit and Yates throws the ball well. Burg's DE's did a great job forcing Yates to run up the middle to the LB's and they kept him at bay.

Burg laid the blueprint, Minford has to step up and play hard.

minfordfan
Waterboy

Post by minfordfan »

Good Luck Falcons...Lets do this one for Coach John Berry....

johnny5
Waterboy

Post by johnny5 »

Valley was definitely in the game? Are you sure you watched?
Stalled the first drive in the 2nd half within the 10 yd line, Then stopped burgs drive and scored on the second. It could have easily been tied at the start of the 4th. Burg did what they needed to do, but they got help. As a burg fan I don't come away from that thinking We would win another match up by 20...

Burg stopped Yates rushing by giving up 5- 10 passes, which valley took all night. They could have one with that blueprint. Burg wouldn't beat Valley if Burg was -3 in the TO column

PS I'd rather get the football karma of a blown call ( interference) to have the ball end up in shanks hand on the next play in wide open field.......

On paper this shouldn't be that close, but Valley has some head issues with burg and the falcons.....

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

johnny5 wrote:Valley was definitely in the game? Are you sure you watched?
Stalled the first drive in the 2nd half within the 10 yd line, Then stopped burgs drive and scored on the second. It could have easily been tied at the start of the 4th. Burg did what they needed to do, but they got help. As a burg fan I don't come away from that thinking We would win another match up by 20...

Burg stopped Yates rushing by giving up 5- 10 passes, which valley took all night. They could have one with that blueprint. Burg wouldn't beat Valley if Burg was -3 in the TO column

PS I'd rather get the football karma of a blown call ( interference) to have the ball end up in shanks hand on the next play in wide open field.......

On paper this shouldn't be that close, but Valley has some head issues with burg and the falcons.....
Burg was only + 1 in the turnover category, do you forget the fumble on the first drive and the int. in the endzone.

Valley had two impressive drives, one that scored a TD and the other Burg held.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

how do you miss that interference call? The db tackled steg when the ball was in the air.

fan4sure
Freshman Team

Post by fan4sure »

Minford in this one, much more physical than valley

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Watching the valley/burg game, burg did alot of damage out of a modified double wing look. Valley packed the middle trying to stop the inside run and burg burned them on the jet sweep. If they don't adjust or get better play on the edge, this plays right into Minford's hands.

Minford has excellent team speed to match valley on the outside. They also have 2 fine linebackers in sloan and gaines to keep valley's run, mainly Yates in check. On paper valley wins, but I really think Minford has something for them.

West_Sider
Freshman Team

Post by West_Sider »

I really think that Valley is a much better team than Minford. I believe Yates will throw the ball at will on Minford.. I still predict a close game though..

Valley 35
Minford 31

ZacBrownBand
Varsity

Post by ZacBrownBand »

If Valley come out focused and ready to play, they can get the win. They're trying to get themselves a home playoff game, something that Indian fans haven't seen in some time. Yates is probably one of the better athletes in the area. If he can get started then it will be very hard to stop him.

I'm gonna pick Valley to win, but I'm not gonna try to put a score

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

siderman wrote:Watching the valley/burg game, burg did alot of damage out of a modified double wing look. Valley packed the middle trying to stop the inside run and burg burned them on the jet sweep. If they don't adjust or get better play on the edge, this plays right into Minford's hands.

Minford has excellent team speed to match valley on the outside. They also have 2 fine linebackers in sloan and gaines to keep valley's run, mainly Yates in check. On paper valley wins, but I really think Minford has something for them.
Where do you think W'burg got the idea of the "double wing look?" It's called the Wing-T and that has been Minford's base offense for the past 4 yrs, and yes Minford was the 1st team, in the area, to introduce the Jet sweep from that formation back in 2000 when you had Parks and Frazie running wild with it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Wing-T has been around for years, it can be hard to defend if your d-personell aren't disciplined but it's way too predictable. Burg ran 3 plays from that formation just to get Shank to the edge.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

The Wing T offense became popular back in the 1950s. Minford under Brisker was the first in the area to run it as their base offense. And, if I had a player like Shankweiler I'd get him out on the edge too. W'burg also ran the FB Belly play out of those formation a few times. I'm pretty sure one was the 1st play of the game.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Vladimir wrote:
siderman wrote:Watching the valley/burg game, burg did alot of damage out of a modified double wing look. Valley packed the middle trying to stop the inside run and burg burned them on the jet sweep. If they don't adjust or get better play on the edge, this plays right into Minford's hands.

Where do you think W'burg got the idea of the "double wing look?" It's called the Wing-T and that has been Minford's base offense for the past 4 yrs, and yes Minford was the 1st team, in the area, to introduce the Jet sweep from that formation back in 2000 when you had Parks and Frazie running wild with it.
That's Minford's base offense? :roll: Maybe that's why I mentioned it?

Valley's 4 man front is not a good match for it. If they don't change, they'll have to widen out or bring the outside LB's up. Sloan will then hurt them in the middle.

SPAMONY
Varsity

Post by SPAMONY »

Since moving up Valley has ended the season with 2 losses....I see no reason why that trend doesn't continue.
Minford is well rested and healed up after 2 easy wins.....Valley is banged up and bruised after West and BURG.

Minford-35
Valley-24

Return to “Football”