Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley at Logan

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Re: Regional Final D4 R15: #1 Ironton vs. #3 Hartley

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

Hartley looked a lot more physical last night than what it sounds like they were week 8. But I think Ironton will be too much for them again! Good luck Tigers!

pottiemouth
Waterboy

Post by pottiemouth »

I have been hearing rumors of Lucasville as a site location for this game. Sure would make it easy to travel for everyone; 4 lanes for both teams the entire way.

philthyphil
Varsity

Post by philthyphil »

They'll probably send us to Zanesville.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

pottiemouth wrote:I have been hearing rumors of Lucasville as a site location for this game. Sure would make it easy to travel for everyone; 4 lanes for both teams the entire way.
----------------------------pottiemouth, time to put the budweiser down. not that lucasville does not have a nice facility. but come on, child please.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Nelsonville-York or Logan will more than likely get this game. The Schools will be notified tomorrow and then we will all find out!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i can't wait for this rematch , ironton is playing very physical ball right now. and giving up nearly nothing on defense. the line is working well, the backfield is clicking. our only weak spot being our kicking game. the secondary was tested all night last night and held up really well. we at ironton figured we may well see bishop hartley again, before we got out of the region. great crowd at logan last night, awesome facility. great meeting so many people from southesternohiopreps there. i love traveling and meeting other posters. week 13 and round 3 coming up, somebody ring the bell.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

Should be in Jackson ,,Ironton being the higher seed and all.

pottiemouth
Waterboy

Post by pottiemouth »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:pottiemouth, time to put the budweiser down. not that lucasville does not have a nice facility. but come on, child please.
It's Saturday night, so why would I want to put the Budweiser down...well technically I am putting it down :122245

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Game location should be a little closer drive for Ironton....the 1 seed should get the benefit.

Ironton to Athens or Logan is forever....

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

I think Jackson is honestly the best choice for this game. The distance from Ironton to Jackson is much less than Hartley to Jackson, but the overall drive time is pretty similar when you consider the routes taken by each team. Driving up 93 isn't a walk in the park, but coming down US 23 and US 35 is pretty easy. About an hour for Ironton and an hour and 15 minutes or so for Hartley.

I also wonder if OU has put a bid in for a game. They might not want to host. If this game is at Logan or Nelsonville, Ironton is actually getting a raw deal in terms of travel, in my opinion.

ItownBrowns
Freshman Team

Post by ItownBrowns »

I could'nt agree more ironman02. I also think Jackson makes absolutely the most sense for this game. Now we'll see what the OHSAA thinks. Hopefully one of them has actually driven these roads and understands why and does'nt just look at a map or mileage.

knightruner
JV Team

Post by knightruner »

I don't care where its played I have already driven 3,118 miles to watch the Tigers play this year, what the heck is a few more miles. I have made it to everyone of their games this year and I drive from the Dayton/Springfield area. So don't cry about having to drive to watch your team play. Be glad you can do it and if :lol: you know someone who can not then take them with you.. Go Tigers

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

Game will be played at Logan.

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

Would think Ironton big......but I thought Heath and maybe big.

Caulker10
Freshman Team

Post by Caulker10 »

Ahm, is that set in stone at Logan..

AHM
Freshman Team

Post by AHM »

I have heard from an athletic director that was looking to host this game that the game will be played in Logan.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Nothing is set in stone yet.

zebra77
Varsity

Post by zebra77 »

The OHSAA will announce the sites around 2 pm today, seems as though Logan would be the logical choice the state has really done some weird things in the past.
But we shall see, as last year we traveled to NY 2 weeks in a row so I for 1 wouldn't be surprized to see the same thing happen this season. And who knows maybe even the Jimmy the Greek of the north can make a trip down to watch some good old fashioned SEO football being played, since he wasted his money to watch YSU get their Arse beat yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

i'm just tickled to death to be playing, and having a home game to go to.

Roadrunner
Freshman Team

Post by Roadrunner »

Would love to see this game played in jackson. I think ironton gets the shaft if they go to logan. Won't matter because the tiger nation will be rocking. It wouldn't matter if the tigers had to play in the parking lot of cedar point. They will be ready for hartley. Good luck tigers from waverly. Let's bring the victory home to southern ohio!!!!

Return to “Football”