Congrats Trevon Pendleton

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Re: Congrats Trevon Pendleton

Post by Mad-Dogg »

grajon1 wrote:i heard that he just had an official visit to cincinnati and may be leaning there
i've heard the same thing. looks like butch jones might be getting a excellant runnin back if he ends up at UC

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Mad_Dogg wrote:
grajon1 wrote:i heard that he just had an official visit to cincinnati and may be leaning there
i've heard the same thing. looks like butch jones might be getting a excellant runnin back if he ends up at UC
I think UC was looking at him as a linebacker but I am not for sure.That would be a good place for him to go,were ever it will be I wish him the very best he is such a fine young man.

tl895
Varsity

Post by tl895 »

cant say that he will play much but at least he will get the education

pappy1
Varsity

Post by pappy1 »

tl895 wrote:cant say that he will play much but at least he will get the education
Did you get Paladin's recipe for kool aid?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

tl895 wrote:cant say that he will play much but at least he will get the education
What a rude statement! How many games have you came and seen Trevon play? I just wish Ironton would have had a chance to play a healthy West team. Because you might change your mind, on his ability to play on the next level. Trevon is football smart well beyond his years. And whoever signs him well be blessed with a young man, that works his a$$ off. A young man that studies the game. And a young man that thinks about football 24/7. And just a fine young man, that any parent would be proud of. And I would bet money that when he leaves, he will not come back until he has a degree!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Black@Orange wrote:
What a rude statement! How many games have you came and seen Trevon play? I just wish Ironton would have had a chance to play a healthy West team. Because you might change your mind, on his ability to play on the next level. Trevon is football smart well beyond his years. And whoever signs him well be blessed with a young man, that works his a$$ off. A young man that studies the game. And a young man that thinks about football 24/7. And just a fine young man, that any parent would be proud of. And I would bet money that when he leaves, he will not come back until he has a degree!

You dont really wish Ironton had a chance to play West this past year, with or without Pendleton. It wouldnt be good for West.

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:

You dont really wish Ironton had a chance to play West this past year, with or without Pendleton. It wouldnt be good for West.

Like it was not good for Minford to play an unhealthy west?

DIDO
Freshman Team

Post by DIDO »

FIDO wrote:Some of you allow your school colors get in the way of reality...You really aren't as good as you think or else you would have more banners hanging in your gymnasiums....When was the last state champion crowned from southern ohio? That's what I thought!! Get over yourself .....You ain't all that ...

What does school banners have to do with ..<<.;;';...nevermind, I get confused by some of the moms on here.

:122246 that's what I thought!!!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Bleeding Red wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:

He!! yes, why wouldn't we? I made a comment on what tl895 made, that I thought was a rude statement. That must have come from a inmature, jealous teenager. I thought last year and this up coming year, that we can play with anyone in southern Ohio. But injuries and illnesses happen to every team. Just like the way you guys beat Valley, or had the win give to you. And yes I know that Butcher got hurt also. But everyone seen the play and we know who should have won the game. And if it wasn't for two hail mary passes from Butcher, West rolls over Minford. With or without Trevon. Just like we will this year.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

^ First of all, they weren't two hail marys from Butcher. They were Waggles it's a play designed to the TE in which he caught both and took them for TDs. When you stay in a 5-2 and roll the SS down in a monster look that pass is going to be there all night. Also, if it wasnt for a quick whistle in the late 4th quarter when the Bricker kid fumbled on 3rd down and Minford was running free to the endzone, the Falcons win 22-12.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Ok, 2 very lucky Hail Mary type Waggles, thats all you had! The best team won! :122245

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

Why wouldn't Ohio State offer to the "#2 fullback in the nation"?
Who cares how tall he is if he's the second best in the entire nation?

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Black@Orange wrote:Ok, 2 very lucky Hail Mary type Waggles, thats all you had! The best team won

ha ha That’s why Minford has used that same play to score TDs on you the past 4 years, huh? It's because it was a lucky pass play. I guess anytime anyone at the HS level catches a pass that over 20 yards it's luck. lol You're so full of Sh!t you don’t know which end is up. You did win the game by a saved by the bell quick whistle on a fumble so I will give you that.

Also, West didn't win a game after that, so to say they were the best team after getting beat by Valley, blowing a lead against Burg to lose the SOC, and getting embarrassed by a team (Highland Sparta) by 30+ that Ironton beat by 40+ in the first round of the playoffs, is a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about Mr. Pendleton, so a few weeks ago it was national signing day, which D-1 school did he decide to play for next fall?

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Vladimir wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:Ok, 2 very lucky Hail Mary type Waggles, thats all you had! The best team won

ha ha That’s why Minford has used that same play to score TDs on you the past 4 years, huh? It's because it was a lucky pass play. I guess anytime anyone at the HS level catches a pass that over 20 yards it's luck. lol You're so full of Sh!t you don’t know which end is up. You did win the game by a saved by the bell quick whistle on a fumble so I will give you that.

Also, West didn't win a game after that, so to say they were the best team after getting beat by Valley, blowing a lead against Burg to lose the SOC, and getting embarrassed by a team (Highland Sparta) by 30+ that Ironton beat by 40+ in the first round of the playoffs, is a bit of a stretch.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about Mr. Pendleton, so a few weeks ago it was national signing day, which D-1 school did he decide to play for next fall?
Let me say this again, the best team, WON THE GAME! And we would not be the lest bit scared, or intimidated to play Ironton. And I have forgotten all the D-1 offers that Minford players had this year. Can you please remind me. And I will say this again Valley beat you. Everybody knows it! Everybody has seen it!

ON THE ROCKS
Riding the Bench

Post by ON THE ROCKS »

I thought minford won...i watched them in the playoffs??? 1st round win .then advance to 2nd round.... ;-)

The D
JV Team

Post by The D »

Black@Orange wrote:Let me say this again, the best team, WON THE GAME! And we would not be the lest bit scared, or intimidated to play Ironton. And I have forgotten all the D-1 offers that Minford players had this year. Can you please remind me. And I will say this again Valley beat you. Everybody knows it! Everybody has seen it!
What a bold statement?!

anybody around here should have been afraid of the ironton team last year...they would have rolled and i mean rooooolllllleeeeedddd over any west team, healthy or unhealthy...everybody knows it...

now, west did beat minford, hands down, thats just how it is, the minford team just wasn't up to the expectations of the league this past year...west beat them, burg destroyed them, and although the scoreboard disagreed, film proves valley did in fact beat them...

but anybody going against that ironton team would definitley have some anxiety about it...

As far as Trevon, whom this thread is about...he is a quality player, but for Ohio State to take him, he would have had to have done a lot more than he did...I know that he was in contact with them, but I absolutely understand why they would pass on him, injusr or not...yeah he had excellent rushing numbers, but then again he had nearly every carry in the games he played in...with the team's performance, he would have had to have taken them farther and resoundingly defeated all of the teams in the area for a school with the caliber of OSU to take him...at this point, taking the injury into account, he should be happy with whatever he is offered...it really is too bad though...

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The D wrote:
Black@Orange wrote:Let me say this again, the best team, WON THE GAME! And we would not be the lest bit scared, or intimidated to play Ironton. And I have forgotten all the D-1 offers that Minford players had this year. Can you please remind me. And I will say this again Valley beat you. Everybody knows it! Everybody has seen it!
What a bold statement?!

anybody around here should have been afraid of the ironton team last year...they would have rolled and i mean rooooolllllleeeeedddd over any west team, healthy or unhealthy...everybody knows it...

now, west did beat minford, hands down, thats just how it is, the minford team just wasn't up to the expectations of the league this past year...west beat them, burg destroyed them, and although the scoreboard disagreed, film proves valley did in fact beat them...

but anybody going against that ironton team would definitley have some anxiety about it...

As far as Trevon, whom this thread is about...he is a quality player, but for Ohio State to take him, he would have had to have done a lot more than he did...I know that he was in contact with them, but I absolutely understand why they would pass on him, injusr or not...yeah he had excellent rushing numbers, but then again he had nearly every carry in the games he played in...with the team's performance, he would have had to have taken them farther and resoundingly defeated all of the teams in the area for a school with the caliber of OSU to take him...at this point, taking the injury into account, he should be happy with whatever he is offered...it really is too bad though...
Trevon never really received as many carries as one would think. His sophomore year (running behind the best line he had during high school). I think he had around 70 carries for about 600 yards, obviously he wasn't the main back. His Junior year (best statistical season) he had 163 carries and 1464 yards...16 per a game (he had over 20 only one time) is pretty modest in West's offense that averages 40-50 rushes a game. His senior season he only averaged 13 carries a game and had 10 yards an attempt...granted people knew when the pressure was on 8 was getting the ball, and Pendleton probably would of had 20+ carries in the last 3 games of the season, the only point I am trying to make is that he didn't get the ball as much as one would think.

The kid was a special at the high school, could of had an even better senior season if not injured, but its over and done with. Trevon is a special talent, who has all of the tools that a division athlete should, his best qualities are his knowledge and work ethic. I'm sure he will be successful where ever he does.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Instead of bashing the kid lets get behind the young man and hope we get to watch him play on Saturdays. Any word where he could be playing?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

sider wrote:
The D wrote:
What a bold statement?!

Trevon never really received as many carries as one would think. His sophomore year (running behind the best line he had during high school). I think he had around 70 carries for about 600 yards, obviously he wasn't the main back. His Junior year (best statistical season) he had 163 carries and 1464 yards...16 per a game (he had over 20 only one time) is pretty modest in West's offense that averages 40-50 rushes a game. His senior season he only averaged 13 carries a game and had 10 yards an attempt...granted people knew when the pressure was on 8 was getting the ball, and Pendleton probably would of had 20+ carries in the last 3 games of the season, the only point I am trying to make is that he didn't get the ball as much as one would think.

The kid was a special at the high school, could of had an even better senior season if not injured, but its over and done with. Trevon is a special talent, who has all of the tools that a division athlete should, his best qualities are his knowledge and work ethic. I'm sure he will be successful where ever he does.
He didnt get enough carries? What about all of those threads back in early football season about how West was running up the score against the likes of Portsmouth, Chesepeake, etc, and he was getting carries when they were up 40+ in the 4th quarter? He never went wild on Burg and Minford, unless you can prove me wrong. I believe his Jr season, which you point out he averaged 1464 yds, he only had around 60 yds against Minford that year.

I wish him the best, especially after his injury. I know he is a good kid and a hard worker. Good luck to him.

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Ok D, didn't Burg play Ironton to a one score game? With both teams healthy? We played right with the Burg, with arguably our two best players on the bench! So why would we be scared of Ironton. I have never gauranteed a victory, but I know my boys from the Westside would not be scared! If you guys from the Burg and Minford want to bow down to I-Town go ahead, but leave the Siders out of it!

Return to “Football”