Coach Triplett officially resigns at west

The D
JV Team

Re: Coach Triplett officially resigns at west

Post by The D »

wipala wrote:Best of luck to coach from an old Trojan..High School coaching is very difficult,,,very long hours and very short pay....coaches in small town high schools, and all of our area is small town, just do not get the pay they deserve or need..West will be fine, the program has got a really strong foundation and that will get it thru...just two things I would ask,,do not beat my Trojans but do beat the Burg...lol
wipalawalt
lol is that because your trojans can't?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
sorry...I had to :122245

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Westsider1993 wrote:I would like to see a new face come in. I believe that we need a High School coach that is an implant. IE Look what Triplett did for the program. He is going to make his own decisions without having to worry about making certain families mad. And as far as dealing with parents when you are at the high school level I feel you either love it or leave it. Does not and should not matter what Mom or Dad thinks about where or how much playing time their son gets. You play the game for a Gold football, you play the game for a state run. The kids play the games for the memories for the rest of their lives. The kids are there. The love for the game is coming back on the westside. I don't feel that any of the mentioned should be the head coach, i do feel however that they all have their place. Run it like a college program and let the other 70 coaches standing on the sideline get involved. There are coaches that have made it to the top that have never played the game I agree. The vast majority have though. I feel that someone that has played the game can feel the passion and better connect with his players. But this is just opinion. I may be wrong, would not be the first time. If a Teacher that has been a head coach before puts in, I would say with past practice they will get it. I just say good luck to all, and whoever gets it I hope they keep the fire burning.
Good post. There is a lot of merit to bringing in someone who doesn't know about the names, this is why I think shaffer is a good fit. Anyway, I'm sure there will be a lot of candidates that are out of town and I'm sure there will be a few that who are currently interested that will apply. However I can not see the current board going with someone who isn't a west guy this time

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

Coach Triplett is a good person, I wish him the best.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

sider wrote: but now I feel they'll go with a West guy thats not a teacher in Bricker...who knows we could have Dickie T round 3? lol

No pot shots intended here, but will someone who's a 'west' guy be able to keep the discipline like Triplett? That has been the difference the past few years IMO.

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

I would have to agree that was a big key to West success.

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

When you say discipline I think of off the field as in the weight room. The west kids are different than the typical stereotype of the 70's and 80's. Those days are long gone. All the athletes I talk to today seem pretty laid back. Pretty good group of boys coming through the system. So as long as whoever takes over forces the weightroom and running down their throats should not be a problem. Only thing I would like to see is get away from the fullhouse T. Use the strong line and run at defenses not off tackle. The T is fine if you counter alot and pull lineman Burg has shown that for years, but we have alot of backs that can hurt you. Wishbone, flexbone, The I/pOWER I, how many teams around go deep every year running the T?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

IRONFALCON wrote:
sider wrote: but now I feel they'll go with a West guy thats not a teacher in Bricker...who knows we could have Dickie T round 3? lol

No pot shots intended here, but will someone who's a 'west' guy be able to keep the discipline like Triplett? That has been the difference the past few years IMO.
By the way this isn't my personal endorsement of a "west guy" I just think the board will hire someone who is a graduate.
Anyway, your guess is as good as mine. The mentality at West has changed, the kids aren't as rowdy as the 80's, but Triplett has done a great job in keeping discipline. It all depends on who they hire, I feel there are a couple of West candidates that will keep the discipline and a few who would look over discipline.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Westsider1993 wrote:When you say discipline I think of off the field as in the weight room. The west kids are different than the typical stereotype of the 70's and 80's. Those days are long gone. All the athletes I talk to today seem pretty laid back. Pretty good group of boys coming through the system. So as long as whoever takes over forces the weightroom and running down their throats should not be a problem. Only thing I would like to see is get away from the fullhouse T. Use the strong line and run at defenses not off tackle. The T is fine if you counter alot and pull lineman Burg has shown that for years, but we have alot of backs that can hurt you. Wishbone, flexbone, The I/pOWER I, how many teams around go deep every year running the T?
Not very many, I'm a fan of the T and we had some nice balance last year as far as run to pass ratio (I think ratliff had like 900 yards passing), I also think Triplett gets a little too much crap as a playcaller, hes not Jon Gruden, but hes not terrible either.

Anyway, I think we need to get our athletes in space a little more, but thats jmo...you win with Jims and Joes not X's and O's, I just hope we get a coach that cares about weights

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

And the T is horrible for getting your athletes in space. I am not trying to argue, it's just an opinion on a topic that will be addressed in the next couple of months whoever the new guy is. Who knows we may be 5 wide!!! I sure hope not but you never know. I am just ready to watch some football.

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

Wishing the best to Coach T. He was a great fit and is a great coach. Sorry to see him go.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Westsider1993 wrote:And the T is horrible for getting your athletes in space. I am not trying to argue, it's just an opinion on a topic that will be addressed in the next couple of months whoever the new guy is. Who knows we may be 5 wide!!! I sure hope not but you never know. I am just ready to watch some football.
Trust me I wasn't trying to argue I was agreeing with u, lol. I would like to see us go back to the offense Tipton ran in his second tenure, it was really good when we had athletes, the problem was with those teams was the line play, but considering we have a senior line I don't think that would be in issue...in this day in age you have to be diverse and your right the T is not diverse

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Has the job been listed in the times yet?

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Any word on who the new Coach wiil be at this time?

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

The job hasn't even been posted yet, so technically no one has even applied...I believe it will be posted in the next few days, so it'll probably be may before someone gets the job.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Is someone keeping the team in the weight room? This is a critical time for a football team, summer is too late to start hitting the weights hard. Triplett was a good coach, but if I were the administration I would have pressed him for an answer at the beginning of the year so I could get a coach in and let him start working the the players and getting other coaches and all that put together.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

IRONFALCON wrote:Is someone keeping the team in the weight room? This is a critical time for a football team, summer is too late to start hitting the weights hard. Triplett was a good coach, but if I were the administration I would have pressed him for an answer at the beginning of the year so I could get a coach in and let him start working the the players and getting other coaches and all that put together.
Triplett along with a couple other coaches are still in the weight room...I don't know what the atmosphere is like, but Triplett cares about the kids and doesn't put up with much nonsense, so I would imagine its still pretty intense

osu 77
All State

Post by osu 77 »

Coach T will always do what is best for the kids.

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

Anyone know if the job has been posted yet?

Westsider1993
JV Team

Post by Westsider1993 »

It's posted on the school website.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

UPNYA4 wrote:I would bet that Scott Bricker gets it.....early Favorite IMO. He is a Guy who would be around for as long as they let him. Plus, he would surround himself with a great staff.
Scott would be a great choice I have known Scott for a long time and I know how feels about the kids and the program he is a great coach.

Return to “Football”