Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Week 5 (4-0) Ironton @ (1-3) Portsmouth

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thank you, that was never meant in the way it may have come over.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:thank you, that was never meant in the way it may have come over.
It's all good Bait people are going to be people even when they know what is meant just nature of the beast nothing to be sorry for seems certain people just like to pick and start trouble over anything.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

jello ;-)

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Want to wish the Trojans the best of luck in this one, but it could get ugly. Tigers have alot of skill this season.

Carter
Riding the Bench

Post by Carter »

No love for the Trojans.......Ironton big in this game.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

maniac66 wrote:This could be a trap game for Ironton it will be up to the coaches to make sure the players do not take P-town for granted after a huge win over a favored Ashland team this Ironton looks to be special and improves every week go Tigers
My, how times have changed...who would ever think of the Ironton-Portsmouth game as a trap game,,,but maniac66 you
are so correct...

trojanbacker97
Riding the Bench

Post by trojanbacker97 »

Tigers by as much as they want. This series hasn't been competitive for a long time now. It will continue to be one-sided as long as their is no change in leadership at Portsmouth.

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

I would love to see Portsmouth win, but I honestly dont give them a chance here. At this point you might have to pull out all of the stops. Dont give them the ball. Make them earn it. Onside kicks, fake punts, going on 4th down, trick plays, throw the kitchen sink at them. Make them earn everything because Portsmouth wont be able to stop them. Just try to limit their possessions. Good Luck Ptown from Valley.

FarAwayFalcon
Varsity

Post by FarAwayFalcon »

Ironton big. If Minford can put up over 400 yards on the ground Ironton will run the ball all night. Portsmouth does have some speed at the skill positions, but Ironton shouldn't have a problem.

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

Ironton in a laugher

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Which Ironton team will show up? The one that got totally outplayed by, and all but lost to GAHS? Or the one that displayed flashes of brilliance in a major upset of highly regarded PBHS?

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

Wishing the Trojan's the very best!! 100%!! Leave it all on the field. At the end of the day, that's all anyone can ask of you!

LucasJackson
Varsity

Post by LucasJackson »

All due respect, but I don't understand the major upset talk of Ironton beating Ashland. Ashland was very good but not a major upset. On to this week. I think Portsmouth can move the ball on the Tigers but they may not be able to get the Tigers off the field. I'll say Ironton 47 Portsmouth 20

playa_44
JV Team

Post by playa_44 »

I agree with Dinocretti. What major upset was there? And besides that, Ashland had more yards, more penalties(lol), more first downs (like 21 to 11) or something like that. Same with Gallipolis, more yards. Both games were played at Ironton. And Ironton has Lewis. He had all but 30 or so of Ironton's yards this last week. Gallipollis game he had both TD's. Sooo...looks to me like Portsmouth has their work cut out for them being so young and Ironton having an older team. Even though it is at Portsmouth, I don't see them being able to pull this off at all. As many have said before me, stop Lewis the beast and you may have a chance.

fbfever9
Freshman Team

Post by fbfever9 »

Interesting Harbin points stat after wk4. Ironton (10.2000) has the 6th highest average in the state, regardless of Division. 4 are in DI (Dublin Coffmann, Olentangy, Cincy Moeller, and Cincy Sycamore). 1 is in DII (Toledo Cent. Catholic).

HOWEVER, Ironton's average is INCORRECT. I have emailed Joe Eitel. He has Ironton's L2 divisor at 100. It should be at 90 - due to their open date. SO, if recalculated with the correct L2 divisor, Ironton's adjusted average is 10.8056. This is good for 3rd best; only behind Cincy Moeller (11.5000) and Dublin Coffmann (11.1500). Also interesting of note, Ironton has the 2nd most L2 points (54.5) in the state, behind only Moeller (57.5).

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

dang.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

Not surprised. Predicted this at the beginning of the season. Be hard to go wrong with this group of kids and upperclassmen. Then there's Lewis.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I don't think the L2 divisor changes to 90 until the week that game is to be played which is week 10 for us.

Coal Groves L2 divisor just changed to 90 this week since their open date was this week.

http://www.ohsaa.org/sports/ft/boys/rankcalc.htm

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

[quote="playa_44"]I agree with Dinocretti. What major upset was there? And besides that, Ashland had more yards, more penalties(lol), more first downs (like 21 to 11) or something like that. Same with Gallipolis, more yards. Both games were played at Ironton. And Ironton has Lewis. He had all but 30 or so of Ironton's yards this last week. Gallipollis game he had both TD's. Sooo...looks to me like Portsmouth has their work cut out for them being so young and Ironton having an older team. Even though it is at Portsmouth, I don't see them being able to pull this off at all. As many have said before me, stop Lewis the beast and you may have a chance.[/quote]

Even if they could stop Lewis, he is not the only good back we have. We still have more horses in the stable. Granted Lewis is awesome, but he his not the only threat.

keepinitreal#32
Waterboy

Post by keepinitreal#32 »

if anyone believes portsmouth has a shot of winning this game with the Coaching Staff they have assembled is absolutely out there mind. have you watched them play? 1-3 vs Soc teams.smh. we are talking about Portsmouth High School. there were times when those type of schools didnt want to play portsmouth but noone fears Clifford. Everything he does is predictable.too much talent being wasted. he doesnt play his best players where they need to be,he has no clue how to evaluate talent. his time is up. Irontons time is now. ironton 52- portsmouth 7. maybe 7. Thas if one of his talented players return a kick off or punt. thats it. portsmouth wont score on offense. oh and their best player isnt playing.

Return to “Football”