logan football

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: logan football

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

know one thing for sure out of all this mess. there are a bunch of angry parents. not putting all the blame on the coaching staff but somethings not right.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:I dont see how his replay was any "lamer" than your post about money being a reason to fire a coach imo....Based on the logic that Coach Amyx showed improvement, in year 4 of that run of losses he went 8-2, I think Wolfe should be given the same chance. Just my opinion. And after a three year stretch of bad runs for Amyx, he then had a great run of teams BUT then he had ANOTHER run of less than stellar teams going 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. Thats not improvement is it? Thats a drop off and he wasnt fired. Again, just like everyone has said in the past, talent runs in cycles. And thats the proof. But Amyx never endured the ridicule that the current staff has had to endure by the town criers.

I missed you Friday night! But once Dale had a bad year he turned it around the next year(improved). Also tell me why Coach Lutz of Ironton always put a winner on the field

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

buckeyeguy wrote:the real problem with logan not winning is the coach its the coach is why players didnt come out to play this year a few of those players would of really helped this team..the coach is the reason for use poor tackling skills, coach wants them shoulder tackling..its a sure sign hes not good for the program when kids wont play for him and a bigger one when their starters last year and are not playing their senior year..iv talked to players and parents from logan and this is what i get from them js
Outstandingg post! only fans with rose colored glasses are not seeing the problems!

Logan_Buckeye
Freshman Team

Post by Logan_Buckeye »

noreply66 wrote:
brainmax wrote:how much longer do we have to put up with this brand of leadership.logan school board you should act as soon as the season is over.kids are flat ,coaches are flat the program has turned in to a joke.

This sounds like a rookie post
Agree!!!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Post by Loganchiefsnation »

moonshine wrote:
Loganchiefsnation wrote:I dont see how his replay was any "lamer" than your post about money being a reason to fire a coach imo....Based on the logic that Coach Amyx showed improvement, in year 4 of that run of losses he went 8-2, I think Wolfe should be given the same chance. Just my opinion. And after a three year stretch of bad runs for Amyx, he then had a great run of teams BUT then he had ANOTHER run of less than stellar teams going 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. Thats not improvement is it? Thats a drop off and he wasnt fired. Again, just like everyone has said in the past, talent runs in cycles. And thats the proof. But Amyx never endured the ridicule that the current staff has had to endure by the town criers.

I missed you Friday night! But once Dale had a bad year he turned it around the next year(improved). Also tell me why Coach Lutz of Ironton always put a winner on the field

If you missed me then you were either not there or didnt look very hard. As for Amyx again I think you really arent looking very hard. So to me it sounds alot like the Taylor thing in re: to your issue with Kieth Myers now with Amyx and Wolfe. No matter what is said, you think Wolfe is wrong and should be gone bc you have a personal issue with him. Winning 2 games and then 3, yes I guess thats an improvement but is it really? Winning 6 games 6 games and then 5 games is NOT an improvement but yet you just fail to acknowledge that. 3 year cycles of talent during the Amyx years showed that there are in fact down cycles but it can and does get turned around but for some reason you and a few others are not willing to give the current staff, the SAME STAFF THAT AMYX HAD, the same pass that they got in the past when the talent cycle slipped. And I dont care what anyone says, it has slipped a bit. So to me it sounds like ANOTHER case of sour grapes ala Keith Myers that you have for Wolfe, and the baseball coaching staff at Logan as well. Funny, but Logan didnt win a league title in any sport last year but what, track?? And yet you werent calling for the outing of the volleyball, boys soccer, girls track, softball, golf, or all the other sports that werent winning...
Lets just fire them all and start over. Maybe we can bring back Taylor, Amyx, Hardman (he did go 21-2 and was ranked #5 in AP poll in 1985) Fraunfelter, Janey, and lets see if we can turn back the clock and get the Gassers, Kemper's, Conrad's, Zimmerman's, Harden's, Rohr's of the yesteryear's back and make everything peachy.......

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:Just my opinion. And after a three year stretch of bad runs for Amyx, he then had a great run of teams BUT then he had ANOTHER run of less than stellar teams going 6-4, 6-4, and 5-5. Thats not improvement is it? Thats a drop off and he wasnt fired. Again, just like everyone has said in the past, talent runs in cycles. And thats the proof. But Amyx never endured the ridicule that the current staff has had to endure by the town criers.
To be fair, scheduling had a little to do with the 2002, 2003, 2004 years as well.

In 2002 they replaced River Valley with DeSales. Logan had a chance to share the league title in week 10.

In 2003 they replaced River Valley with DeSales (again), New Lexington with Westerville South, Nelsonville-York with Chillicothe, and Zanesville with Pickerington North (probably equal on that one). Again Logan had a chance to share the league title in week 10.

In 2004, compared with 2001 (10-0 team) Logan was playing Lancaster, Chillicothe, Pickerington North, and Gahanna-Lincoln instead of New Lex, Nelsonville-York, River Valley, and Point Pleasant.

Chances are Logan chalks up wins over River Valley all 3 years, and Point Pleasant in 2004. If they split with NY and NL instead losing to both South/Lancaster and DeSales/Gahanna you can add 2-3 more wins to each season.

I've also consistently pointed out the strength of schedule when discussing this staff. The last two years we have been pretty drastically overscheduled, mainly because of the emergence of Pickerington North as a "BIG BOY" in central Ohio. It didn't help that Reynoldsburg has turned their program around as well.

I'm not one to advocate firing anyone. But Logan has NEVER been 0-3 to start three consecutive seasons in 100 years of playing football. There is something wrong with the program. Its not JUST talent, you can see Logan has enough based on games with Northland and Newark. Its not JUST coaching, most of these coaches have been on staff for atleast half a decade and most for a decade or even two.

Lets work on finding the problems and fixing them.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

It's pretty simple. I'm in sales; when sales are good, nobody questions you. When sales are bad, everyone takes notice. Just like the economy, talent runs in cycles. However, no one likes it when you use that as an excuse year after year- trust me! When sales and winning improve, everyone is happy. But, if there is a three year down trend, people ask questions and they are not kind. That is what you are seeing here. This trend MUST be turned around. I am not suggesting how that is to be done. It is not my job. It IS somebody's job.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Loganchiefsnation wrote:
moonshine wrote:

If you missed me then you were either not there or didnt look very hard. As for Amyx again I think you really arent looking very hard. So to me it sounds alot like the Taylor thing in re: to your issue with Kieth Myers now with Amyx and Wolfe. No matter what is said, you think Wolfe is wrong and should be gone bc you have a personal issue with him. Winning 2 games and then 3, yes I guess thats an improvement but is it really? Winning 6 games 6 games and then 5 games is NOT an improvement but yet you just fail to acknowledge that. 3 year cycles of talent during the Amyx years showed that there are in fact down cycles but it can and does get turned around but for some reason you and a few others are not willing to give the current staff, the SAME STAFF THAT AMYX HAD, the same pass that they got in the past when the talent cycle slipped. And I dont care what anyone says, it has slipped a bit. So to me it sounds like ANOTHER case of sour grapes ala Keith Myers that you have for Wolfe, and the baseball coaching staff at Logan as well. Funny, but Logan didnt win a league title in any sport last year but what, track?? And yet you werent calling for the outing of the volleyball, boys soccer, girls track, softball, golf, or all the other sports that werent winning...
Lets just fire them all and start over. Maybe we can bring back Taylor, Amyx, Hardman (he did go 21-2 and was ranked #5 in AP poll in 1985) Fraunfelter, Janey, and lets see if we can turn back the clock and get the Gassers, Kemper's, Conrad's, Zimmerman's, Harden's, Rohr's of the yesteryear's back and make everything peachy.......
Wow it sounds like you have alot of non-productive time on your hands! Get a life opinons are like ??????? lighten up!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

Hello, kettle? This is the pot. You're black

BOBCATS77
Waterboy

Post by BOBCATS77 »

This is completely stupid, Talent runs in cycles for ALL schools!, calling for the removale of Kelly Wolf has got to be the last thing to do, some people need to think before they speak......

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

BOBCATS77 wrote:This is completely stupid, Talent runs in cycles for ALL schools!, calling for the removale of Kelly Wolf has got to be the last thing to do, some people need to think before they speak......

I WOULD AGREE. i wouldnt want to get into cycling coaches every year bc they arent having a winning record every year.

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

1987chieftains wrote:
BOBCATS77 wrote:This is completely stupid, Talent runs in cycles for ALL schools!, calling for the removale of Kelly Wolf has got to be the last thing to do, some people need to think before they speak......

I WOULD AGREE. i wouldnt want to get into cycling coaches every year bc they arent having a winning record every year.
Please help answer my questions, it seem like school like Tri Valley, Ironton, Nelsonville-York and many other programs are have winning records even if changes occurs.WHY? Do not go to the talent card!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

When Ironton changed coaches a few years back didn't they have a off year? When they brought the old coach back they were back on track. Nelsonville is winning under this coach but is he taking the Buckeyes to the next step like the other coach? Ironton and Nelson/York are winning but how far have they been going after game 10?

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

noreply66 wrote:When Ironton changed coaches a few years back didn't they have a off year? When they brought the old coach back they were back on track. Nelsonville is winning under this coach but is he taking the Buckeyes to the next step like the other coach? Ironton and Nelson/York are winning but how far have they been going after game 10?
Both program have at least 0ne State Championship! and contine to win regular season games!

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

Logangrad wrote:NY won a state title in 1981 and Ironton last won a state title in 1989! Stop living in the past!! Yes they continue to win, but NY has had the same head coach for a number of years and Ironton speaks for itself re: the staff. Logan has the same staff give or take one or two guys, that theyve had for 20 yrs. Logan is going thru a down cycle, nothing more nothing less. It is what it is. Whether or not Moonshine aka LHS72; chooses to accept it is on him. Its pointless to argue anymore because there are underlying issues that he has that have nothing to do with the betterment of the program and what is truly best for the kids. OUT!
You keep making excuses for our program and we will continue to create a cuture of losing. Our Chiefs have not even come close to attaining a state championship and an consistant winning program, Yes we have had some good runs but the current trend is disspointing 3-7, 1-9 and 0-4. We can do better! And so end's another installment of As The Program Turns!!!!!

Loganchiefsnation
Freshman Team

LHS 72 wrote:
Logangrad wrote:NY won a state title in 1981 and Ironton last won a state title in 1989! Stop living in the past!! Yes they continue to win, but NY has had the same head coach for a number of years and Ironton speaks for itself re: the staff. Logan has the same staff give or take one or two guys, that theyve had for 20 yrs. Logan is going thru a down cycle, nothing more nothing less. It is what it is. Whether or not Moonshine aka LHS72; chooses to accept it is on him. Its pointless to argue anymore because there are underlying issues that he has that have nothing to do with the betterment of the program and what is truly best for the kids. OUT!
You keep making excuses for our program and we will continue to create a cuture of losing. Our Chiefs have not even come close to attaining a state championship and an consistant winning program, Yes we have had some good runs but the current trend is disspointing 3-7, 1-9 and 0-4. We can do better! And so end's another installment of As The Program Turns!!!!!

Ummm Logan made it to State Semi Finals in 2000. So thats "coming close" imo. AND Logan went 8-2 in 2005; Logan went 9-3 in 2006, Logan went 9-2 in 2007, And Logan went 11-1 in 2008, 10-0 regular season, then 10-0 in 2009, 11-1 overall; so Im not sure what you want but that is the definition of a CONSISTENT WINNING PROGRAM!! Thats a record of 48-9 in 5 seasons!!! Holy hell what do you want?? The current trend is a reflection of a new head coach building his own program and a drop off of previous talent. The negativity is a reflection of spoiled fans........plain and simple.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the 2012 Edition of the Purple has ONLY 6 seniors!!! - that's it ... means that the rest of the team are "rookies" to the varsity game ... being sophs/juniors in the majority also means these same sophs/juniors are still maturing physically - not an excuse just a fact ... in the game of football physical maturity IS a factor along with "on the job training" in the game of VARSITY football ... 24 juniors on this years varsity roster, key juniors getting valuable VARSITY game experience - a number of sophs (i.e. Chance Cox) getting OJT as well ... next years sophomore group will get an opportunity to see playing time -getting a taste of the VARSITY game ... next years sophomore group will also bring with it a winning chemistry as they have won not only in football this year - they will be successful on the hardwood and the diamond ... Coach Wolfe and staff will have a much better "mix" of physical maturity in the upper classes of Juniors/Seniors ... more Experience in the knowledge of the VARSITY game by the players ... as well as a sophomore group that WILL provide competition for PT , with some of next years sophs seeing the field regularly if not as starters as solid "minute" people to rest the JRs/Seniors ... winning comes from NEVER BEING SATISFIED, getting better in the game/any game means you as a player/team ARE NEVER SATISFIED ... can't tell me that a single coach/player IS SATISFIED WITH the results in the Land of the Purple - I know these coaches - they were winners as players, have tasted winning as coaches and are working hard to get the pieces in place to make opposing teams coming Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line KNOW that they will need to bring their "A" game to leave with a "W" ... BEING SATISFIED IS NOT PART THEIR MAKE-UP ...

... a few Napkin Stats that support me thoughts ...

0 INTs - usually results with inexperience in the secondary , along with lack of pressure on the QB by the D-line ... got to have strength in the trenches to at LEAST neutralize the O-line ... physical strength comes with physical maturity AND VARSITY Experience ... both of which the Purple are lacking ...

7 sacks ... lack of physical maturity up front to get by, get into the oppositions backfield to either hurry the pass/get the sack(7) or force the INT (0)

Penalties 37 for -287 yds ... drive killers for the offense/ back breakers for the defense ...

... that's what I'm reading into the Purple Season so far ... going to head out to Chieftain Stadium to put "pfloyd's eyes" on tomorrow nights game ... hope to get a chance to throw peanuts at 93bulldog as he works the sideline in search of the perfect pic !!! LoganLocos will be in the house as well ... might have to do a rare post game - write up with Napkin Stats ... looking forward to seeing the Purple for the first time this year due to my chemo treatments - should be good to see old friends as long as they prop me up against a wall LOL ...

Go Purple!!!

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

moonshine wrote:
1987chieftains wrote:

Please help answer my questions, it seem like school like Tri Valley, Ironton, Nelsonville-York and many other programs are have winning records even if changes occurs.WHY? Do not go to the talent card!
my point was. i dont want to see logan get into a coaching carosel every 2 yrs bc a coach isnt winning. like warren and gallia have went through.

though i would say, atleast from what ive seen on the field. its a Discipline problem. the same mistakes every week is old. i also think that is the difference with logan, ironton and ny. boston? and lutz run disciplined programs. hold the players acountable. and if it doesn't correct itself your not as hard as you should be or that player is no longer playing varsity... at all! you got to send that message to the players from varsity to biddie ball.

Return to “Football”