Week 6: Wellston (2-3) @ Athens (4-1)

buckeye_master
Freshman Team

Re: Week 6: Wellston (2-3) @ Athens (4-1)

Post by buckeye_master »

Athens takes this one.....but on any given day a team can lose and Athens needs to stay focused and not take anything lightly...Trust me because i thin NY did it when it come to the Trimble game never ever look past a team on any given day they can bite you and make you pay...just my thoughts but i do feel athens is the team to watch for this year

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Ron Burgundy wrote:I really think buckeyeguy is for Ohio state buckeyes if you look back through his post. But is was interesting to see the athens poster ass-u-me he was and ny guy and jump all over d5 NY... Just a thought from someone with no one is this fight. I think the Urban picture should have sent the signal. Arent they the smallest team in the tvc div you are in.
You haven't read his posts for long, he is definately a N-Y fan also but again I didn't see anything with any of the responses. So maybe you were the one quick to ass-u-me. As for them being the smallest team in our division, yes that is true, but they are a former state champion and a consistant qualifier for the state playoffs and are more than competitive with larger schools.

Hugh Jase
Freshman Team

Post by Hugh Jase »

Guess your right that they are a homer. But why bring yourself to their level? I think you would even find NY fans who wish some of these posters would go away. Guess it dosent need to justify not staying classy with the posts.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

As always, the game can be heard on 970 WATH and 97.1 FM as well as online at this link: http://streamdb3web.securenetsystems.ne ... teURL=true
Pregame begins at 7:15 with kickoff at 7:30.

Follow us on twitter @WATHSportsFan for all updates from around the region.

Also, make sure to tune into the Sports Fan presented by J&K Contracting on Thursday night on 970 WATH for the HS football preview show as Jake Corrigan, Rusty Martin, Troy Bolin and another surprise guest preview all the games in the TVC. It can be heard online at the link above.

Spartan
All Conference

Post by Spartan »

All Bulldogs...

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Athens QB adds to his stats

buckeyeguy
Varsity

Post by buckeyeguy »

athens offense is so incredable it can bench their defense DONT EVEN NEED TO PLAY THEM and just outscore anyone.. CAN YOU SPELL BULLDOGS d3 STATE CHAMPS mark my words this offense is unstoppable their is no one in the state that can outscore this team.. STATE CHAMPS BABY ALL THE WAY...... IM SOOOO EXCITED I JUST CANT HIDE IT for the first time ever i saw this team on 15 and i was soo amazed and soo moved i mean WHO WHO DARES TO THINK ANYONE CAN BEAT THESE STATE CHAMPS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STATE CHAMPS BABY BRING IT ON REG 12 YALL AINT GOT NOTHING ON THIS TEAM 8)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

buckeyeguy wrote:athens offense is so incredable it can bench their defense DONT EVEN NEED TO PLAY THEM and just outscore anyone.. CAN YOU SPELL BULLDOGS d3 STATE CHAMPS mark my words this offense is unstoppable their is no one in the state that can outscore this team.. STATE CHAMPS BABY ALL THE WAY...... IM SOOOO EXCITED I JUST CANT HIDE IT for the first time ever i saw this team on 15 and i was soo amazed and soo moved i mean WHO WHO DARES TO THINK ANYONE CAN BEAT THESE STATE CHAMPS WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO STATE CHAMPS BABY BRING IT ON REG 12 YALL AINT GOT NOTHING ON THIS TEAM 8)
who cares about playoffs ... week 10 is all that matters ... :mrgreen:

ucantcme
Freshman Team

Post by ucantcme »

93Bulldog wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:athens lost to gallia 3-2 now and won over 1-4 watkins mem. 2-3 warren 2-3 jackon 1-4 waverly imo athens because they have not played any team with a winning record is still in question as to how good they really are
Just to throw some 'fuel-on-the-fire' ... Watkins, Warren, Jackson are light years better than River Valley, Berne Union & Logan ......... :mrgreen:
A-Town Big Dog 2 wrote:
buckeyeguy wrote:athens lost to gallia 3-2 now and won over 1-4 watkins mem. 2-3 warren 2-3 jackon 1-4 waverly imo athens because they have not played any team with a winning record is still in question as to how good they really are.. but wellston is the only team untill week 10 that could even give athens any trouble but untill athens plays a team with a secondary defense they wont know how good they really are.. i do think they will be in the playoffs but will see a secondary that will match them and could end their run early.. athens def. is not great so any team that can score can stay in it and win..but good luck to both teams i say athens wins by 30 points unless wellston has a defense better then the waverlys and warrens and wat. mem... by the way it was nice seeing athens county go 4-0 last week
I think many of the same things can be said about N-Y, two loses at home to D6 schools while the three teams they've beat have combined for a 1 point victory over Southern. That's all I'm going to say on this subject, lets keep the rest of this post on Athens/Wellston and leave the whizzing contest for week 10.

I think The bulldogs should study these statements and read all this. NY was beat by 2 div 6 teams and play a very very weak schedule. You guys dont even have to take this team serious. They dont belong on the same field with you. Just stay healthy and get ready for week 11 The regular season is in the bag at this point. Great season Bulldogs 9-1 TVC champs. Now lets get ready for the playoffs!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Definitly not so ... Nelsonville-York has owned the series - the last gazillion years - for a reason ... the only win Athens has over the Bucks since joining the TVC had to be won in overtime, on its own field - and by a team that finished 10-0.

A young Bulldogs squad, led by mostly sophomores, will more than have their hands full facing a senior laden team on its home field week 10.

Power 105
All Conference

Post by Power 105 »

We caught up with Athens HC Ryan Adams to talk about the Bulldogs midway through the season and preview Wellston. Here is the link to the short interview: http://thesportsfan.bandcamp.com/track/ ... ton-week-6

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

buckeyeguy and ucantcme.....Where in my post did I say they didn't belong in the field together? All I said was that many of the same questions that you raised about Athens could be raised about N-Y which I still stand firmly beside. The origional post talked about Athens and the records and quality of their opponents, I did the exact same thing using N-Y but only because you brought up week 10 as the first chance of any competition, had only a blanket type statement about the program I likely wouldn't have responded to the post in any way. On a side note why is it that you as a N-Y fan automatically read a post about N-Y by an Athens poster and assume the post was written in a demeaning way or with some sort of undertone or with intent to make a dig at you? Most Athens posters respect the N-Y program as much as and probably more than any we play and we don't trash talk you or any other school for that matter like some others on here. Hopefully this clears up any confusion, have a nice day. :-D

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Athens will cruise through the TVC and host a playoff game. No one will touch them this year.....

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

BIGHITSINC wrote:Athens will cruise through the TVC and host a playoff game. No one will touch them this year.....
Wellston and Alex usually plays Athens hard and N-Y has had our number for years so I don't expect to cruise through the TVC, everyone of the schools in the league will give Athens their best shot for sure and anything can happen.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I think Wellston will find a way to keep it close through the first quarter quarter and a half, then Athens will wear them down and blow up the scoreboard!

NYBucksDad
JV Team

Post by NYBucksDad »

I believe Athens takes this one as they are playing very well right now, not sure that Wellston can stop the Bulldog Offense. Good luck to both teams.

Hoping for an injury free game for both teams.

Joedirt
Freshman Team

Post by Joedirt »

Athens sends rockets to space in 1st qtr, wins 66-13

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Homecoming in Athens tonight as well as a tailgate party at the old softball field beginning at 5:30,

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck to both teams!!

A-Town Big Dog
S

Post by A-Town Big Dog »

Game one of the second season (TVC Ohio) begins in just three hours. I will admit that this young group of Bulldogs has surpassed my expectations to this point by a long shot, keep focused and play hard Dogs!

Return to “Football”