Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Railroadn
JV Team

Re: Division IV Region 15: Worst it has ever been?

Post by Railroadn »

I didn't bash anyone, I just gave an educated opinion based on facts. Is this topic and this sight not supposed to be about this very thing! It's just my opinion. I haven't bashed anyone or any team. Are you some how affiliated with one of the schools in the bottom 6 that will make the playoffs in this region? This region is very weak by normal region 15 standards. Not trying to offend anyone, I'm just keepin it real.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

RAILROADN wrote:I didn't bash anyone, I just gave an educated opinion based on facts. Is this topic and this sight not supposed to be about this very thing! It's just my opinion. I haven't bashed anyone or any team. Are you some how affiliated with one of the schools in the bottom 6 that will make the playoffs in this region? This region is very weak by normal region 15 standards. Not trying to offend anyone, I'm just keepin it real.
What fact is your opinion based on? That you saw Piketon play and you don't think that they are a playoff team? Well, I'm sure some people have seen them play and think that they are a playoff team.

Johnstown Monroe did win the region last year and has 2 losses to likely playoff teams, so I think they are another who shouldn't be ignored, especially after beating the mighty Ironton Tigers 34-7 last year.

It is likely that it will be St. Clairsville and Ironton for a chance to reach the Final Four, but still the other schools who qualify shouldn't be forgotten about just because they wouldn't qualify in most years.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

bvarn10 wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:All I can say is: after seeing piketon play....WOW!!......if they make the playoffs this region is extremely weak! Not trying to single anyone out but 3 thrue 8 are very weak for D4 playoffs!
I sure hope you're a child, and if you're not I feel sorry for you. Even though you may believe this, what person comes and bashes a high school football team? There is no place for ignorance like this.
Railroadn...I have to agree..these are the days that kids all expected to get a trophy win or lose..which is all started by parents babying their children when they are in tee ball and giving little johney the idea that he is going to be the next heisman trophy winner when he is in the third grade and nothing more than an average kid...truth is...the talent level has gone down at least in our region...not to say all kids are bad athletes..just..there's not enough on any team in our region currently to compete with what we are used to seeing...I know many kids in our region and in the state that would have played on the '80s and 90s teams but I'm not seeing as many as there used to be nor are coaches able to coach like they used to...back in the day...kids didn't miss practice, didn't question a coach..they listened and respected them and that gave them victories...coaches have a lot of discipline issues to deal with that didn't used to ever be an issue...takes a team...working together..that's not what you see anymore.
Last edited by IBTT on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Jonstown Monroe should be proud of their victory last season as should piketon be proud of beating Wavery this season...Waverly probably deserves a trophy too...they are great kids and try their best every week...I'm sure of it...but it don't make them a tough team...there are down years...this happens to be one of them...if Ironton played in the OVC they could have a perfect 10-0 record and look like Genia Area every year...beat every team by 70 and get beat in the first round....but they don't...the athletic department have learned over the years that by playing great competition you learn to play with at least good competition and sometimes you are fortunate to beat the great ones...this region obviously is week...Minfords best win was in 3ot against oak hill...
Last edited by IBTT on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Grammar and punctation marks are your friends.

And you just compared last season's Ironton Fighting Tigers to this year's 1-8 Waverly Tigers.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

danicalifornia wrote:Grammar and punctation marks are your friends.
You must be a high school kid...sorry to hurt your feelings son...but isn't it past your bed time?

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Ibtt I think too many parents and too many coaches tell kids how great they're doing when it's not true! When you get in high school it's time time get honest with kids. If your not playing great then you shouldn't be told you are! I think that's why ironton has had great teams because Lutz didn't sugar coat it and the parents didn't either. Don't come on here telling me how impressive your team looks if it's not true.......your just hurting your own team when you say things that aren't true. Yea let's just give them all trophies and tell them their all impressive!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

We might be talking with the president of the ohsaa...they are adding an extra division next season just for that purpose...and $$$$$...you will see Ohio football look close to Kentucky soon to where you can win two games and make the playoffs...I guess its good for Johnny and the OHSAA???? How's that for grammar...might want to get your mommy to read this to you for your bedtime story...

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I this k it should be like Illinois where a certain number of wins is an automatic in to playoffs and then. 8 wins could be the number with teams with 7 wins getting consideration once all the other spots are filled. Then assign classes and regions and play ball from there. No more computers.

Flashing Cursor
Freshman Team

Post by Flashing Cursor »

Honestly, if you look at the past few years the top 15 teams in region 15 are pretty much the same as they are this year. The main difference is regional realignment and declining enrollment.. i.e.... Bishop Hartley and Westfall assigned to different regions and teams like Bellaire and Portsmouth West dropping to D-5.

And if your wondering why things got realigned check the AP Poll.... Three of the top 10 teams in the state would have been in region 15... "The Man" had to balance out the talent pool.. lol

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Ibtt the only ones we've offended on here are the parents who pat little johnny on the head or the ones who were little johnny themselves when they were in school.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Good night johnny..........I mean daniCalifornia! Lol.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Haven't offended me one bit. I'm a supporter of a team who might sneak in at an 8 seed in this region that would finish no higher than 13th or 14th most of the time and will be out rather quickly, which means it is obviously not Piketon, Minford, or Johnstown. I'm not a parent and the teams I played on in high school won our leagues and had postseason success, I'm just not a moron who overlooks everyone.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I don't know if the way Illinois does things would work...then all you would have to do is play an OVC/SVC schedule and you are in...however it is tough for private vs public to work...tough to make anything work...regions 15 are mostly low income areas with small schools.div 4/5/6...that have been losing kids for a number of years...next year Ironton figured to be div 5 even if the state had stayed with 6 divisions...to play for a title kids have to do most of their work in the off season...some do and they show it by being standouts...but from what I have seen lately that number of kids are lacking...
Last edited by IBTT on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

From my view Johnny...you are the guy who presents the trophys for most improved team...goodnight JohnnyCalifornia :122249 :122246

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

danicalifornia wrote:Haven't offended me one bit. I'm a supporter of a team who might sneak in at an 8 seed in this region that would finish no higher than 13th or 14th most of the time and will be out rather quickly, which means it is obviously not Piketon, Minford, or Johnstown. I'm not a parent and the teams I played on in high school won our leagues and had postseason success, I'm just not a moron who overlooks everyone.
JohnnyCalifornia I don't think your a moron( although your close) but you do have thin skin. Your just like the SVC......you both need to toughen up! :122246 :twisted: :122246

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Railroadn....Johnny's mommy is going to come looking for you...don't you be so harsh to little Johnny, he's probably cried himself to sleep tonight :122245 :122245 :122246 :mrgreen:

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Nope, still up.

The SVC is not a tradiationally strong football league by any means, but has had someone represent Region 15 at the state level more recently than Ironton has. Facts are tough to handle.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I guess we need to look up ur school's highlight reel and compare it to Ironton's...so who is your team...?...you know mine

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Or is there one....lol

Return to “Football”