Freshman Team

Re: Piketon (8-2) @ Minford (8-2) Rematch Week 11

Post by little doggy »

new era why dont you attend a minford practice you expertise is off the charts

ohiostbucks99
Freshman Team

Post by ohiostbucks99 »

this game may be the best game of the week. whoever can score the most points will win

Ol_BoyMF
Waterboy

Post by Ol_BoyMF »

with minfords D improving and our young Skilled Players getting more experience under there belts i see mniford winning by 14...looking for Justice and Carters to play big this week!
GoFalcons!!

Jeff Lisath
JV Team

Post by Jeff Lisath »

Congrats to the Piketon Redstreaks for making this Playoff appearance. The best of luck! Play with pride and passion from the opening kickoff to the final whistle and most of all remember the journey and enjoy the moment!

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Going with the red streaks. Their Offense has been strong all year and their Defense has improved.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

noles_fan wrote:Im torn on this one. I always pull for the SOC teams especially during the playoffs, but I have a cousin who is a Senior on Piketon. I would like him to finish off high school by getting to face some of the bigger schools.

i am as well. now that i live in waverly ,half of my church family is from piketon.and while i want nothing more than to see these two teams advance. waverly has been just plain awful, the entire 2 years roughly we've lived up here at lake white. i have friends in all 3 districts now. and root for all of them. but ultimately my allegiance is with my high school football team the ironton fighting tigers , so i'm torn as well.

i still see this region going through either ironton/st. clairsville to advance, but dang, what exciting times these are.
this region will be scrappier to get through than many think.yes, it was weaker this year, but all that's behind everybody, it's playoff football now.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

I'm going with Minford

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

Good luck Falcons...keep the strong "D" going! Most Burgites (at least me) will be there friday to cheer you on! Glad some SOC schools are split b/w friday and Saturday so we can enjoy HS playoff football both nights. Good luck!

BurgPunk
Riding the Bench

Post by BurgPunk »

ohiostbucks99 wrote:this game may be the best game of the week. whoever can score the most points will win
Usually the team with the most points wins...can't remember when scored less and got the "W"...Just kidding...sounds like a comment my wife would make. I do agree...should be great game!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Good luck to both teams, should be a dandy but I think Minford takes this battle.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Piketon gave Minford a scare during the regular season, but now the game is at Falcon land and the home crowd should bring the excitment. I have no idea what Piketon is capable of other than they have a good quarterback. This will be close I think until the fourth. Minford's physical presence will show up and wear down the streaks.

Falcons 24
Streaks 14

CharlieHustle
All Conference

Post by CharlieHustle »

Excited to see this matchup...hopefully the rain stops by Friday, and warms up a little to make the game more enjoyable!

D Owens
Freshman Team

Post by D Owens »

Best wishes to our Redstreaks. Prepare well, work hard, and play tough, mistake-free football. Go Redstreaks!

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Good luck MIGHTY MINFORD FALCONS!!

The Enforcer
SEO

Post by The Enforcer »

Cal Preps has it 28-17 Minford

marshallman
Varsity

Post by marshallman »

Should be sunny and a high of 60 on Fri. I watched these two play earlier and it came down to the last minute and a 25 yd pass for Minford to win. Playing at home, I favor Minford winning by 7 but it will be a slug fest.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

I'll take Minford 21-7 in this one but having to face St. Clairsville isn't much of a reward for the winner!

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

RAILROADN wrote:I'll take Minford 21-7 in this one but having to face St. Clairsville isn't much of a reward for the winner!
Make no mistake about it, the winner of this game can and will give St. Clairsville all they want. If an 8 seeded Chesapeake team can play them to 3 points, it's not out of the relm of possibilty for Minford or Piketon to win. These games are not played on paper. BTW that is not a shot at Chesapeake I am just comparing area playoff teams.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

NewEra wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:I'll take Minford 21-7 in this one but having to face St. Clairsville isn't much of a reward for the winner!
Make no mistake about it, the winner of this game can and will give St. Clairsville all they want. If an 8 seeded Chesapeake team can play them to 3 points, it's not out of the relm of possibilty for Minford or Piketon to win. These games are not played on paper. BTW that is not a shot at Chesapeake I am just comparing area playoff teams.
I get what you are saying, but with all due respect, there isn't a team around here that I think can challenge the Red Devils. St. Clairsville seems to be a different animal than they were last season. They played 3 Ohio playoff teams in 3 straight weeks and won all 3 by a combined 148-26. I just see SC in a final four with Hartley, Norwayne, and Massie and there being 3 great games to decide the champion. I feel all four regions in D4 each have a pretty big favorite and those favorites are close to each other.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Crab's brother wrote:
NewEra wrote:
I get what you are saying, but with all due respect, there isn't a team around here that I think can challenge the Red Devils. St. Clairsville seems to be a different animal than they were last season. They played 3 Ohio playoff teams in 3 straight weeks and won all 3 by a combined 148-26. I just see SC in a final four with Hartley, Norwayne, and Massie and there being 3 great games to decide the champion. I feel all four regions in D4 each have a pretty big favorite and those favorites are close to each other.
What a great opportunity, to test yourself vs. the best. All it takes is 60 minutes on any given friday.

Return to “Football”