D4 R15: #1 St. Clairsville vs #5 Piketon

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Re: D4 R15: #1 St. Clairsville vs #5 Piketon

Post by R-STREAK »

StCRedDevils wrote:Thought I would get this one started. What are everyone's thoughts for the Week 2 match up? St. C comes in as the #1 seed with a record of 11-0. PIketon is the #5 seed @ 9-2. St. C has outscored their opponents 541-157 this season. How does everyone think Piketon will match up?

Also, where do we think this game will be played? Most news sources up our way is saying Zanesville, a few are mentioning Marietta.

You can find most St. C fans on http://www.ovathletics.com --feel free to swing on by and discuss with us.

Hoping for a well played, injury free game.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!
OMG I went this website...I think the Redstreaks shouldn't even show up.....believe it brother the Redstreaks will be there....

knowledge
All Conference

Post by knowledge »

R-STREAK wrote:
StCRedDevils wrote:Thought I would get this one started. What are everyone's thoughts for the Week 2 match up? St. C comes in as the #1 seed with a record of 11-0. PIketon is the #5 seed @ 9-2. St. C has outscored their opponents 541-157 this season. How does everyone think Piketon will match up?

Also, where do we think this game will be played? Most news sources up our way is saying Zanesville, a few are mentioning Marietta.

You can find most St. C fans on http://www.ovathletics.com --feel free to swing on by and discuss with us.

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!
OMG I went this website...I think the Redstreaks shouldn't even show up.....believe it brother the Redstreaks will be there....

Hopefully their players share the exact same mindset.

surfsider
All State

Post by surfsider »

R-STREAK wrote:

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!
Yep, that website does get sort of childish at times, but I'm thinkin' St. Clairsville will see a lot of different looks from Piketon. I still like the RED DEVILS in this one.
Have never been to Logan and after this week I will still never be in Logan, LOL, but I'll listen on radio.
Go St. Clairsville.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

I rank this game as the next to worst mismatch after the Gallia- Marshall game this week. St. Clairsville is solid. They have had problems playing with teams up North, especially in the playoffs. I saw a Cortland Lakeview - Red Devils match up a few years ago in the playoffs at St. Clairsville where the Bulldogs stomped them. Nice "rug" there but not in the same league with North teams. While they aren't on par with North teams, they are head & shoulders above the poor weak schedules that predominate in Southern football. Red Devils for the win and if Piketon doesn't come to play, it will be a blowout.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Paladin wrote:I rank this game as the next to worst mismatch after the Gallia- Marshall game this week. St. Clairsville is solid. They have had problems playing with teams up North, especially in the playoffs. I saw a Cortland Lakeview - Red Devils match up a few years ago in the playoffs at St. Clairsville where the Bulldogs stomped them. Nice "rug" there but not in the same league with North teams. While they aren't on par with North teams, they are head & shoulders above the poor weak schedules that predominate in Southern football. Red Devils for the win and if Piketon doesn't come to play, it will be a blowout.

Although I think St.C.wins this match up I don't see St.C's schedule being tough! Actually after looking at it.........I think a lot of " SOUTHERN TEAMS" would be undefeated if they had played your so called tough schedule. :122246 :122246 :roll: :roll: :roll:

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I agree with Paladin...us little southern schools like Ironton and Burg never play anyone and never win big games...heck...we didn't control the SEOAL back in the 70s and 80s either...nor did we beat their champ this year...us weak southern teams...we play these weak Kentucky teams like Johnson Central and Ashland and Belfry...they never play good ball...hmmm...Youngstown Mooney once said something similar to that when Ironton went 6-3 in the regular season and hit them in the mouth...Ironton played a weak Kentucky Belfry team that year that beat them...lol...

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Paladin is such a worldly knowledgable fellow. Lol. By the way Paladin I'm not from piketon. And about those 4 teams that St.C. beat that made the playoffs.........they all got crushed in the first round playoffs except wheeling park!! Hahaha! Lol. NOW WHO'S THE FOOL!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ( yes that's right smart fellow I said 4 teams that made playoffs not 3) you might want to get your facts straight when talking smack about teams your not educated on.schools in session pal....I teach.....you learn! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

IBTT wrote:I agree with Paladin...us little southern schools like Ironton and Burg never play anyone and never win big games...heck...we didn't control the SEOAL back in the 70s and 80s either...nor did we beat their champ this year...us weak southern teams...we play these weak Kentucky teams like Johnson Central and Ashland and Belfry...they never play good ball...hmmm...Youngstown Mooney once said something similar to that when Ironton went 6-3 in the regular season and hit them in the mouth...Ironton played a weak Kentucky Belfry team that year that beat them...lol...

The year was 1999 my friend and as a 6-3 regular season team we not only smacked Mooney in the mouth we also put a spanking on German town valley view, and played in the state championship game while youngstown Mooney and several others got to watch us from the stands!

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

RAILROADN wrote::122246 :122246 :twisted: St. Clairsville to Logan 106 miles
Piketon to Logan 63 miles
Lol. I bet someone isn't very happy right now!
Just hope Piketon doesn't come the 93 way--if so that 63 miles might seem like 150

mikepike
All State

Post by mikepike »

I consider my beloved Red Streaks the underdogs, and have no problem with that. St. C is undefeated, has played a tougher schedule, earned the #1 seed. Piketon will have to play a fabulous game to beat the Red Devils, but until the clock says 0:00, anything can happen. The pressure will be on St.C, so we'll see what happens Friday night. GO STREAKS!!!

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

Shut the North up...... Hard.

Just like 2003 when Portsmouth West beat all mighty Ursuline.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Folks, there is a reason St C is undefeated, they r solid in all parts of the game. They are the favorites and rightly so. Piketon will play and play hard! Trust me, no one close to the Piketon program is not respecting the Red Devils, they are very good! Lets Go Streaks!

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

I feel that anyone that knows anything about sports period would have to respect St. Clairsville...however..too...its now down to 16 teams left in the state out of somewhere around 200 that started the season in division 4...Piketon didn't get there by being a weak team...they beat a good team this past Friday and blasted them...I think this regions is still up for grabs...its according to who wants it the most...gotta play error free from here on out...

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

RAILROADN wrote:Paladin is such a worldly knowledgable fellow. Lol. By the way Paladin I'm not from piketon. And about those 4 teams that St.C. beat that made the playoffs.........they all got crushed in the first round playoffs except wheeling park!! Hahaha! Lol. NOW WHO'S THE FOOL!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ( yes that's right smart fellow I said 4 teams that made playoffs not 3) you might want to get your facts straight when talking smack about teams your not educated on.schools in session pal....I teach.....you learn! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheeling Park's game on Friday night was the last game of the regular season in West Virginia, not the playoffs.

I hope that any of you visiting the ovathletics site are paying attention to who is making the posts. I don't believe that I have seen anyone from St C looking forward to Hartley. I was on this site a few weeks ago talking about Ironton's schedule potentially being the best in the state for a D4 team.

I will guarantee you all that the St Clairsville coaches and players are not looking past this Piketon team in any way, shape or form. They will be focused and ready - no excuses either way.

Best of luck to both teams and we'll see you on Friday night.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

St C is loaded.Brown rb has 31 tds.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

st_c_dirkadirka wrote:
RAILROADN wrote:Paladin is such a worldly knowledgable fellow. Lol. By the way Paladin I'm not from piketon. And about those 4 teams that St.C. beat that made the playoffs.........they all got crushed in the first round playoffs except wheeling park!! Hahaha! Lol. NOW WHO'S THE FOOL!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! ( yes that's right smart fellow I said 4 teams that made playoffs not 3) you might want to get your facts straight when talking smack about teams your not educated on.schools in session pal....I teach.....you learn! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wheeling Park's game on Friday night was the last game of the regular season in West Virginia, not the playoffs.

I hope that any of you visiting the ovathletics site are paying attention to who is making the posts. I don't believe that I have seen anyone from St C looking forward to Hartley. I was on this site a few weeks ago talking about Ironton's schedule potentially being the best in the state for a D4 team.

I will guarantee you all that the St Clairsville coaches and players are not looking past this Piketon team in any way, shape or form. They will be focused and ready - no excuses either way.

It was on your site about Hartley and it has been removed which is fine.
Looking over a opponent is dangerous and Piketon has a very good QbThat being said hope both teams comeout of this healthy

st_c_dirkadirka
Waterboy

Post by st_c_dirkadirka »

Our forum tends to get out of hand quickly - lot's of bad blood between old rivals I guess. I did notice on this site that, for the most part, the fans down here are at least civil...so far.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

st_c_dirkadirka wrote:

Wheeling park did make the playoffs. I feel that St.C is a good team and after piketon beat Minford the way they did Friday they are no pushover. This could be a very interesting game. Best of luck to both teams with no injurys.

Paladin
SEOP

Post by Paladin »

Ooops! Poor fool got put in his place again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

Paladin wrote:Ooops! Poor fool got put in his place again. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's ok little fellow nobody takes you serious anyway!
Anyone ( with an iQ high enough to do it) can Look it up.
Shouldn't you be in school? Or do I need to teach you again......hehehe!! :122246 :122246 :lol: :lol: :lol: :122246
Last edited by Railroadn on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”