D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

paul bunyun
Waterboy

Re: D4, REGION 15- IRONTON VS. JOHNSTOWN

Post by paul bunyun »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:and if the deer ain't movin we know where to catch a big ole catfish too, don't we.

Please keep this on Ironton vs Johnstown.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I nearly picked the correct score of the Ironton vs Bloom Carroll game, so I will take a shot at this one too.

I think Johnstown Monroe will limit Lewis to ONLY 225 yards rushing.....LOL.

I think Ironton wins 34-21.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

Ironton needs to comeout and play this game and try to avoid a skow start other than that only worry will be how they continue to defend against the pass.

formerbobcat
Waterboy

Post by formerbobcat »

and having the chain gang go ahead and setup for a first and ten. it seems they forgot where the previous ball placement was, and had no other choice than to signal first and 10 the other way for the bulldogs. if nothing else , good gosh, why not was there at least.

If I can tell how I saw it. The line judge had already signaled the turnover on downs had occurred as Itown had not gain a 1st down. Obviously the referee had not seen the signal. Remember it was an Itown chain gang.

dreamweaver
Varsity

Post by dreamweaver »

If JM has fast corners that ll help them!lol

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

I don't know that I'd call the game vs. B-C Ironton's best of the year; that distinction likely would go to the Ashland game, in my opinion.

In any event, I think that the Fighting Tigers will need to play better vs. J-M.

Railroadn
JV Team

Post by Railroadn »

BC gave us all we wanted the 1st half. Ironton definitely has to play better against Johnstown. Let's just hope johnstown isn't a passing team cause our pass defense is woeful. We did come out and play ironton football the second half though. We just need to work on the pass D just a little. :12223
Last edited by Railroadn on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'll tell ya what woke the fighting tiger nation up. the refs , and their all their inconsistent calls. alot going on after the whistle at that game last night, and i'll leave it at that. especially after bc, was out of it scorewise. then coach vaas got all up in their grill after a blown ball placement.i loved it and was just picturing coach lutz dusting the crops of all those officials of the past.seems as though we have a new sheriff in town that will ring your chimes as well. and having the chain gang go ahead and setup for a first and ten. it seems they forgot where the previous ball placement was, and had no other choice than to signal first and 10 the other way for the bulldogs. if nothing else , good gosh, why not was there at least a measurement man. i mean the tigers were way down deep in the redzone at this point. it just seemed like this crew was making things up on the fly all night, consulting time after time for long lengths of times.walking off a penalty , where there wasn't even a flag. and i know you, and know you appreciate good officiating.it didn't happen last night. but fighting tiger football fans are well educated, and threw a fit. and the coaches and team responded.
I agree the officiating left alot to be desired. But, if you are speaking of the instance that I think you are, The Tigers clearly didn't convert the 4th down play, I could not understand all of the fuss in that instance. Good game Tigers.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

Last seaside johnstown in my opinion was extremely aggressive and wanted the win more than we did...I didn't think they had any more talent than us at all...just they played with more heart and showed every play that they wanted to move onto the next round. With that said, I was more impressed this week with our linebacker play. Hadn't really seen them read all season and it looks like they are starting to react....I hope for Mr. Webb to make a speedy recovery and make it back by Friday...if so it could be very helpful...he wears his heart on his sleeve.Go Tigers!!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

i wasn't saying it was the chain gangs fault, they are not supposed to move in that situation until they are signaled to. the ref dropped the ball in this case. i told dad he didn't get it when it happened. but was still at the very least close enough to measure and not eyeball.it was the indecision of the officials as they whiffed on the situation that prompted the fan's response.

86Tiger
JV Team

Post by 86Tiger »

Sorry Logan-Buckeye but I do not want to go to Logan or Nellsonville York. I hate that drive.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

GalliaGrad78 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:i'll tell ya what woke the fighting tiger nation up. the refs , and their all their inconsistent calls. alot going on after the whistle at that game last night, and i'll leave it at that. especially after bc, was out of it scorewise. then coach vaas got all up in their grill after a blown ball placement.i loved it and was just picturing coach lutz dusting the crops of all those officials of the past.seems as though we have a new sheriff in town that will ring your chimes as well. and having the chain gang go ahead and setup for a first and ten. it seems they forgot where the previous ball placement was, and had no other choice than to signal first and 10 the other way for the bulldogs. if nothing else , good gosh, why not was there at least a measurement man. i mean the tigers were way down deep in the redzone at this point. it just seemed like this crew was making things up on the fly all night, consulting time after time for long lengths of times.walking off a penalty , where there wasn't even a flag. and i know you, and know you appreciate good officiating.it didn't happen last night. but fighting tiger football fans are well educated, and threw a fit. and the coaches and team responded.
I agree the officiating left alot to be desired. But, if you are speaking of the instance that I think you are, The Tigers clearly didn't convert the 4th down play, I could not understand all of the fuss in that instance. Good game Tigers.

No it started with a bad spot by the official on Irontons sideline. The ballcarrier clearly got the 1st down, but he moved the ball back 2 yards before he spotted it. Thats what started the chain of events.

maniac66
All State

Post by maniac66 »

I had to listen to it on the radio being 1800 miles away but even the announcers had questions about what was going on at times with the ref's.
Reguardless Ironton will need to comeout and be ready to play maybe parts was two weeks off before playing again but Ironton can win this next game just need to take care of the ball and tackle.

BubbleGumTiger
SEOPS Hippo

Post by BubbleGumTiger »

One good thing regardless of where we play,,,,,,,,Ironton will be the home team so seating wont be a problem..........

top team is home...........

http://brackets.ohsaa.org/bracket.aspx? ... 7759&not=8

Gus
Freshman Team

Post by Gus »

Lets go TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!! Lets get this one rolling!!!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I'll guess Athens/OU as host

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Im hearing there are probably be no games in se Ohio. It will be played up by Columbus.

55buckeyes98
All Conference

Post by 55buckeyes98 »

I am now hearing Athens it will be... not sure if that is AHS or OU.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

I had heard reynoldsburg earlier this morning. Hope that is true.

thill2010
JV Team

Post by thill2010 »

Game is @ Athens

Return to “Football”