Re: Ironton Football 2015

Post by EagleFan89 »

What's the schedule?

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

EagleFan89 wrote:What's the schedule?
I haven't seen one yet either, may still be working on it with the OVC games starting this season. OHSAA shows us looking for a game in week 3 still.

#15pigskinfan$$1
Waterboy

Post by #15pigskinfan$$1 »

Johnson Central inquired about the opening in week 3 about a month ago and was told it was full.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

From what I am seeing this team has more depth than any team since 2000. This years backfield is loaded and it's hard to tell other than Young and Paladino who might get the bulk of the carries there are so many choices at back in the Ironton linup. I also feel that the line is going to be probably the strongest I have seen in years, my only worry would be if they were in shape come football season. From what I have seen there are a number of kids working out outside of the high school weight program. However, the ones that are aren't going through the motions like I have heard they have in past years. I too have been around the weight room on a number of occasions and trust me, I have been pleased by coaches bowling, Rowe, Red Burcham and Vass spending their own time to make sure the kids are working out. They do weights for around an hour if I am correct and then do the agility for another hour for the ones who chose to take advantage. Defensively I feel we will be very good this season. We lost a few good athletes, however we kept some good ones too and we have some kids who will be stepping up this year that I feel will really surprise a lot of people. I wouldn't be surprised if Ironton went 10-0 as long as they can survive the Burg game. This team will be for real by the end of the season.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I think the fighting tigers will be a pleasant surprise this season as things are getting back to normal there. without a strong weight program though------if that is in fact the case, then it will surely show.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Schedule pieced together so far:
1. Unknown (Could be Wheelersburg?)
2. Russell (KY)
3. Unknown
4. Paul Blazer (KY)
5. Portsmouth
6. Fairland
7. Dawson-Bryant
8. Rock Hill
9. Chesapeake
10. South Point

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

we are playing wheelersburg week 1 as always.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

Figured just not listed any where. How about Week 3? St. Clairsville is open.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

EagleFan89 wrote:Figured just not listed any where. How about Week 3? St. Clairsville is open.
That would be a good matchup for both teams.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'd love to see that. I'm lobbying for it.
we ain't skeered.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

surely we can fill week 3. opens that are reasonable travel wise are
Hamilton township-fairland-Johnson central-mogadore-st. clairsville-youngstown cardinal mooney-lancaster-liberty union-new Albany-mogadore-pickering central
most of which we have played in years past and beat.i remember a year ironton/Portsmouth played twice then met in Athens for a playoff. if that's a possibility at fairland. I have no idea if that's still an option. I remember playing Columbus desales like 3 years in a row in Columbus because they could not find games for the stallions.

EagleFan89
JV Team

Post by EagleFan89 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:surely we can fill week 3. opens that are reasonable travel wise are
Hamilton township-fairland-Johnson central-mogadore-st. clairsville-youngstown cardinal mooney-lancaster-liberty union-new Albany-mogadore-pickering central
Most of those teams already have Week 3 games:
Hamilton Township - Worthington Kilbourne
Fairland - Tolsia (WV)
Mogadore - Elyria Catholic
Cardinal Mooney - Akron North
Lancaster - Walnut Ridge
Liberty Union - Belmont
New Albany - Toledo St. Francis DeSales
Pickerington Central - Withrow

St. Clairsville is a reasonable option. It's not clear if Johnson Central filled Week 3 yet.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

oh, I must have looked at an older thing on ohsaa before the games were filled.

#15pigskinfan$$1
Waterboy

Post by #15pigskinfan$$1 »

Johnson Central tried to get a game with Beechwood, KY last week to fill the Week 3 opening but was unable to do so. I know they are looking for a two year deal, year 1 at Johnson Central for their annual bowl game and year 2 on the road. Their bowl game has a festive atmosphere with all the booths, food venues and inflatables for the kids. Really well done. Beechwood would be a good game for Ironton, it is around the Cincinnati area and would probably be a closer trip than St. Clairsville in the Wheeling area. I believe Morgantown, WV is also looking for a game that week.

Gray Fighting Tiger
Varsity

Post by Gray Fighting Tiger »

Ironton is familiar with Beechwood. I'll leave it to someone else to tell the story. :122245

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that night was a mess wasn't it. I always wanted a chance at them to finish that game-GFT. and Johnson central would be another good game. they have an incredible atmosphere there. and the fighting tigers owe them. if you go to Johnson central for a game, take some ear plugs, because they play the music so loud on you, that you can't hear yourself think.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

please don't be juvenile and make degrading remarks about any coaches. I was just curious is the staff still intact entirely. and any hopes of filling week 3. I know st. clairsville has an open date.

LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:please don't be juvenile and make degrading remarks about any coaches. I was just curious is the staff still intact entirely. and any hopes of filling week 3. I know st. clairsville has an open date.
St Clairsville would be a good test for them there kitties! Long trip but as ironton say's anywhere anytime!

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

LHS 72 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:please don't be juvenile and make degrading remarks about any coaches. I was just curious is the staff still intact entirely. and any hopes of filling week 3. I know st. clairsville has an open date.
St Clairsville would be a good test for them there kitties! Long trip but as ironton say's anywhere anytime!
I agree, this would be a good game. With so little travel in the OVC now, I think we should pick this game up. This game would probably be worth a good amount of computer points to the winner.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm politikin for it.

Return to “Football”