2013 Vinton County Vikings

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Re: 2013 Vinton County Vikings

Post by Alexander hitman »

Vikings had some nice JV players last year. I'd agree they very well could surprise some folks this season Dundas.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I've heard there is some sort of scrimmage @ Alexander this Friday at 9:00 am.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Dundas wrote:I've heard there is some sort of scrimmage @ Alexander this Friday at 9:00 am.
Probably a 7 on 7 Dundas,contact not allowed yet

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

I think they are also having a lineman challenge that day and maybe more. gallia academy is going and they are taking entire roster.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

There are suppose to be 7-8 teams coming to Alex for this 7 on 7.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Will you be attending Hitman? Or anyone else?

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

if nothing changes my plans i will be there. but with that said i have been called in to work every morning i have something planned lately.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

kvnchambers wrote:if nothing changes my plans i will be there. but with that said i have been called in to work every morning i have something planned lately.
Well hopefully you get to check it out! I won't be there and I need someone to give me the details! Haha

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

93Bulldog wrote:If I were in charge at VC - I would do my best to create a schedule that was more in tune with a rebuilding program ...

playing Bloom-Carroll, Harvest Prep, Gallia Academy, Piketon ... and you also have Athens and Nelsonville-York already locked in ... ?
Thank God you are not.

The guy in charge will do the right thing. Trust me. Unfortunately, this current schedule is the product of our previous AD. Not that you had asked, but my two cents is, I have no problem with playing Unioto and Piketon (we should be very competitive with them this season and every season on) and the league is what it is, the league (nothing we can do about it) but, we don't need to schedule teams like Bloom-Carroll, Harvest Prep, or Gallia Academy (they might be down a little this year, but generally dealt us decisive losses every other year). My ideal of a competitive Vinton County schedule for the near future is;

Unioto
Piketon
Waverly
TVC-Hocking team (Trimble, Fed Hock, etc.)
and the rest of the league

Which, I think you will be seeing in 2014. I heard a rumor that we have picked up Federal Hocking and River Valley will be playing football in the TVC starting next season. So you will see the Vikings being a lot more competitive by reducing the number of teams that will clearly kick our fannies, it goes from 5 or 6 to two, Athens and NY.

As far as this year, I see the Vikings being very competitive with Unioto, Piketon, Alexander, Meigs, and Wellston. Therefore, 5 and 5 is very possible.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

I attended the 7-7 but the Vikings did not. Not sure what happen to them. Alex, shady side , symmes valley ,Manchester ,Piketon and gallipolis were the teams that I saw.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

As of 8:30 am today, they were coming. Not sure what happened. Ill see if I can find out. Hitman, what are your thoughts about the teams you saw?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

According to some of the players, VC was there and had a pretty good scrimmage. Maybe they were so impressive, you couldn't possibly believe they were Vikings, Hitman! Lol

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Dundas I apologize apparently they were indeed there but they played on the other field. Alexander didn't play them so I guess I missed out on a scouting op. I wish I knew how they did. Alexander has a lot to do but they were without a QB who will Prob take a lot of snaps this season. Gallipolis didn't impress as much as I thought ,but man they had a nice little tailback / slot reciever with great feet and moves. Shady side look good aswell but again it's early and it's 7 on 7 so it's hard to judge where these teams will be at week 1. Gallipolis and shady side are always good, Piketons QB made some nice completions today. Lineman challenge was won by the Spartans so I have to give them a shout out !! Nice job boys weightroom is paying off.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

I was just catching heck from some of the players for not watching the VC game lol. I got there late and had to leave to get back to work , so I missed out. Ill see em week 1

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Lol we'll give you a break Hitman! Andy did tell me they had alot of success vs the Gallia secondary. But like you stated, its early and you can't take anything away from a 7 on 7.
Vinton County's next scrimmage is at Coal Grove August 14th.

Alexander hitman
Varsity

Saw the coal grove tailback in early summer, not real big but man he can fly. Elusive too.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

VC has had scrimmages with Coal Grove the past few years and have been exposed a good bit lol. CG has had a very good team over that time period and I expect they will again this year so hopefully this years Vikings can hang with them a little more as I'm sure they will.
I was actually surprised VC linedup against Gallia in the 7 on 7 today as they play each other this fall.

kvnchambers
Varsity

Post by kvnchambers »

well i only saw vinton county varsity one time in the scrimmage as we spent most of our time on the other field. They held their own against gallia academy is i was most impressed with their defense. neither team really did much against the other team in the scrimmage and i would call it a draw, to maybe even a slight advantage to vinton county. Gallia didn't really look good against anyone and the only team i would say the beat was alexander. with that said the gallia is still playing a ton of kids and are still learning a new offense this team will look much different in 6 weeks at kick off of first game.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I was told that the Vikings were 4-1 during the 7 on 7 at Alexander. Their only loss was to Shadyside at 4-3. The Vikings also finished fourth out of eight teams in the linemen challenge. But, this is 7 on 7, nobody is hitting anybody. Therefore, I am eager to see the Vikings week one.

louie_15
Freshman Team

Post by louie_15 »

I believe V.C. will take this one and will be improved this year. I wish you guys the best of luck except for week 10!

Return to “Football”