Minford 2015

Badboy
Varsity

Re: Minford 2015

Post by Badboy »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:
big-train wrote:AFF
Why wouldn't somebody b a smartxxx because whatever they run you will be first in line to be critical
sorry about the honesty it is what it is :roll:
LOL! You're exactly right big-train, I WILL tell it EXACTLY as it is!!! Just what i believe is the utmost truth with ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

I realize that Minford has some good talent coming up, but what good is it if not all of it is utilized???
I hope to see your name in the hat when the coaching job comes up. We should win the SOC II every year if you get it. You seem to have all of the answers!

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF,
HA ha tell it like it is you got to be shxxxxxx me , tell us all when you played and how you did
just wondering :lol:

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Anonymous_Falcon_Fan »

big-train wrote:AFF,
HA ha tell it like it is you got to be shxxxxxx me , tell us all when you played and how you did
just wondering :lol:
How the **** does it matter when and how I played???? Playing and coaching are 2 different elemnts of football.

The best answer to your question is that I probably played the same level you did....NOT ALL-AMERICAN!!! :122245

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Badboy wrote:
big-train wrote:AFF
Why wouldn't somebody b a smartxxx because whatever they run you will be first in line to be critical
sorry about the honesty it is what it is :roll:
LOL! You're exactly right big-train, I WILL tell it EXACTLY as it is!!! Just what i believe is the utmost truth with ABSOLUTELY NO POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

I realize that Minford has some good talent coming up, but what good is it if not all of it is utilized???
I hope to see your name in the hat when the coaching job comes up. We should win the SOC II every year if you get it. You seem to have all of the answers!
Badboy, you just might be surprised.... :122249

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

WOW!!! So... are there just no 7-on-7's left??? If so, theN LET'S HEAR IT!!!!

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

AFF-

You would not be able to comprehend how surprised I would be if they hired you.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

armchaircoach
Waterboy

Post by armchaircoach »

7 on 7 at Minford tonight @6 and one Friday @ Jackson their you go AFF

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

1990falcon, thank you for the info.

Badboy and big-train, if I ever were to get any kind of coaching job, I 100% GUARANTEE that I would have more creative ideas than you 2. As a matter of fact, the 2 of you are probably the kind that prefer to play that DINOSAUR brand of football.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Ok, so on to some real news....I was just informed earlier in the day that we will NOT end up playing Col. Ready afterall. If true, does anyone have the reason why this scheduled matchup fell thru?

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:1990falcon, thank you for the info.

Badboy and big-train, if I ever were to get any kind of coaching job, I 100% GUARANTEE that I would have more creative ideas than you 2. As a matter of fact, the 2 of you are probably the kind that prefer to play that DINOSAUR brand of football.
What years did you grace the football fields with your presence at Minford???????

I just want to know when you played. That will tell me the exact style of football you are used to.

OR.........DID YOU NOT EVEN PLAY AT ALL??????

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

And to answer your question- OHSAA.ORG still has Ready on the schedule @ Minford Sept. 25

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

:roll: Already fighting with one another?!?!? No wonder why things get dysfunctional out there. Who the heck cares when someone played or what style they played.... What inthehell does that have to do with the 2015 Falcons? At this point, why don't we just have some faith in the staff until they prove otherwise???!?!?

Minford is still playing Ready and come on guys, just b/c there was a 7-7 that didn't seem to live up to ppls expectations doesn't mean squat. That's why you have scrimmages, it's to weed out the ones who are not doing their job and to find someone who can.

Piratefan2
Varsity

Post by Piratefan2 »

watched that landon caudill boy at practice and WOW!!!! that kid is a very very tough kid!!!! there is going to be some tough competition with him play for minford! thats all i can say is....WOW....what an all rounded player! good luck to minford or should i say their opponents except for against Da Pirates :D

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Badboy, I also checked the OHSAA website (before I even posted on here about it), but I'm assuming Vladimir knew for sure. Thanks Vlad. I'm surprised that the game would not be played on a Saturday. Would make a heck of a gate.

And yes, I played @ Minford. It has been within the last 15 years that would be called "The Wing-T Era". And I never have been exactly "infatuated" with it, either.

big-train
Freshman Team

Post by big-train »

AFF
who cares if you weren't infatuated with it a lot of state championships have been won and still being won with it
remember county schools will practice offense 1 day a week maybe half of another ;-)

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

LMAO!!! big-train, Other Schools?? How about we focus on what's best for Minford, not other schools.....

If that's really the case, then why is a school like Ironton not winning anymore state championships???? Or a school like St. Mary's???

Each of those schools ran some form of Wing-T for about 50 years.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:LMAO!!! big-train, Other Schools?? How about we focus on what's best for Minford, not other schools.....

If that's really the case, then why is a school like Ironton not winning anymore state championships???? Or a school like St. Mary's???

Ironton didn't run a wing t. They ran a power I. Lutz might have thrown the ball 5 times a game. He would run the same power all night until the other team could stop it.

Kirkland runs a wing t if I'm not mistaken. They have won several state titles lately. Clinton Massie and Coldwater run the wing T. It's safe to say they have had success with it. Many schools have won state titles recently with the wing t.

Anonymous_Falcon_Fan
Freshman Team

Badboy wrote:
Anonymous_Falcon_Fan wrote:LMAO!!! big-train, Other Schools?? How about we focus on what's best for Minford, not other schools.....

Ironton didn't run a wing t. They ran a power I. Lutz might have thrown the ball 5 times a game. He would run the same power all night until the other team could stop it.

Kirkland runs a wing t if I'm not mistaken. They have won several state titles lately. Clinton Massie and Coldwater run the wing T. It's safe to say they have had success with it. Many schools have won state titles recently with the wing t.
Yes, Kirtland and Massie run Wing-T, but they also include heavy doses of option in their versions of Wing-T. Minford almost never runs option.

When did Coldwater ever run Wing-T?? ? I have always remembered them running spread.

Either way, IMHO, a program must keep up with the evolution of the game, in order to maintain success at a high level. If not, then that said program will get left behind others, which is what I truly believe is happening to Minford.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

Badboy wrote:

Yes, Kirtland and Massie run Wing-T, but they also include heavy doses of option in their versions of Wing-T. Minford almost never runs option.

When did Coldwater ever run Wing-T?? ? I have always remembered them running spread.

Either way, IMHO, a program must keep up with the evolution of the game, in order to maintain success at a high level. If not, then that said program will get left behind others, which is what I truly believe is happening to Minford.
Coldwater has ran it with success for a while.

I dont think you have to keep modifying the offense on any team. If they run an offensive set to perfection its hard for any defense to stop it. I am not saying that a team can let their opponent stack the box and keep trying to run, but I think Minford has mixed it up when they could.

I will use Ironton again as an example. I watched them play Bellaire in the regional finals at OU. Bellaire ran a spread with Nate Davis at QB (NFL QB at that). Ironton got down early but Lutz stuck to his gameplan. That Power I offense started to wear Bellaire down. Eventually Ironton tied it up and lost in the 2nd or 3rd OT. But the running game works.

Minford started many underclassmen last year. If I am not mistaken, the year before as well. I for one think the current coaching staff has done a very good job. They took a struggling Minford program and turned it into a playoff program. There is a term for people like you who have all of the answers in that red headed brain of yours and critique every move the coaches make. Its called an armchair QB. Thats a good position for you. Many fans of other local teams would be very happy going to the playoffs 5 out of 7 years or whatever its been for Minford. Sure it would be nice to win a few playoff games and make a deep run in the playoffs. Maybe that will happen this year. Maybe it wont. But I wont get on here and discredit the coaching staff who sacrifice time away from their families to make little extra money to be out there all summer and fall for the kids and the program. All the while you are in the air conditioning talking about how you dont like the offense they run. If you have all of the answers and a sure fire way to win every game I am sure Brent will give you the time of day to let him in on your wisdom.

I will choose to let the coaches coach, the kids play hard and enjoy it and I'll have fun watching the games. I know many of the coaches personally and most are friends. All have the kid's best interest in mind. That's enough for me.

Return to “Football”