WK1 Wheelersburg @ Ironton

then what
Varsity

Re: WHEELERSBURG @IRONTON.WEEK 1 -YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by then what »

tigercannon71 wrote:Burg will be down this year and the Tigers are looking pretty good. I'm going with a Tiger win by 14.
The pirates will not be down this year. not sure where you are getting that information. They have a few holes to fill but like every year there are kids waiting their turn. We are loaded again...........since its at Ironton burg by a TD. I dont think this senior class has lost to Ironton since jr high.

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Burg dropped Coal Grove because they knew that they didn't have anything coming back and they didn't want to risk losing to the Hornets next season. This comes from sources very very close to the Burg.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

That's one of the funniest things I've heard for awhile. I don't think Burg worries about playing anyone.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

luvbigcats wrote:That's one of the funniest things I've heard for awhile. I don't think Burg worries about playing anyone.
I agree 100%. That's the best thing I heard for awbile. I could be wrong but I believe the burg and cg played on a regular basis back in the 90's. I could be wrong but I believe it was them who dropped us b/c we belated them every yr and it knocked them out of the playoffs. But yet we dropped them tgis yr b/c we are scared of them. That's funny

Has any burgite heard who the potential wk 4 match up might be with

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

All I know is what a burg guy told me that's very close to the program. After last years game they couldn't wait to get out of the contract this year. Some bodies running scared.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

tigercannon71 wrote:All I know is what a burg guy told me that's very close to the program. After last years game they couldn't wait to get out of the contract this year. Some bodies running scared.
did you ever stop to think that burg guy was pulling your chain a bit. when was the last time CG beat the burg?

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

Not really you could see he was telling the truth.

Badboy
Varsity

Post by Badboy »

tigercannon71 wrote:Burg dropped Coal Grove because they knew that they didn't have anything coming back and they didn't want to risk losing to the Hornets next season. This comes from sources very very close to the Burg.

Hahaha! That is funny.

GC has barely snuck into the playoffs when they have the past 10 years.....and when they did, they were throttled in the first round.

Burg has had much success. They are scared of Coal Grove? Nah.....

Tigercannon71
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Tigercannon71 »

So if they aren't scared explain this. The opt out of a 4 year deal after 1 year. They pick up Beallsville a team from D7 to fill that spot while the Grove makes their schedule tougher with Fairview and Marion Pleasant.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If that's the case, then they should've dropped Jackson. Jackson is loaded. The tigers should worry about the grove.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

TigerCannon71 might be right, after all the ONLY CURRENT ovc team that GAVE BURG A GAME is COAL GROVE!! IRONTON HAS HAD 3 SHOTS THE LAST 2 YEARS AND HAS FELL MISERABLY SHORT! Ironton seems to be looking to weaken their schedule by joining the ovc. With us already playing 3 weak ovc teams in ptown,Fairland n Ironton it kinda makes sense to look for some different competition!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

I know West played Coal Grove in that preview and they were big and athletic. We were small last year.
Coal Grove moved the ball at will at the beginning then West just took over. CG was in terrible condition and poorly coached defensively. West started passing them to death and you could tell they had no clue how to defend it. Now those things could change with this new coach, but I hardly think any of the better SOC II teams are scared of mediocre OVC teams.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

tigercannon71 wrote:So if they aren't scared explain this. The opt out of a 4 year deal after 1 year. They pick up Beallsville a team from D7 to fill that spot while the Grove makes their schedule tougher with Fairview and Marion Pleasant.

We are not playing beallsville. That game fell through just like every other attempt at filling our wk 4 open date

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

md, you all still have the open date then.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:md, you all still have the open date then.

We do still have a open. They filled wk 4 with someone else. It's on the thread talking about them staying open

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I'm seeing it's north college here dogg.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

LOL burg must have been scared to death of CG to trade that 30 minute bus ride for a 3 hr bus ride.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'm seeing it's north college here dogg.
I just received a text from a friend saying the same thing.

Redsfan
Freshman Team

Post by Redsfan »

The Burg didn't drop CG. CG dropped Burg after going 0-3 against them the past 3 years!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Wheelersburg or Ironton for that matter doesn't shy away from anyone . The Burg resigned with Jackson after losing at home. Two strong respected programs . Wish jackson could play them both every year as its an honor to bang heads with those guys.

Return to “Football”