Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

then what
Varsity

Re: Week 6: Valley (5-0) @ Waverly (3-2)

Post by then what »

closer than the experts think Valley by 7

Bighitsinc
Varsity

Post by Bighitsinc »

Paladin wrote:Valley wins big.
BAAAAACK
BAAAAAAAAACK
BAWAAAAAACK

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Seems like Waverly has been playing better but not enough to take down Valley

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Waverly seems to be headed in the right direction but Valley has built a nice program over the Crabtree era and will be very tough for the Tigers to handle. I look forward to seeing what this Indians team can do this year both in and outside of the conference.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

well my heart says the waverly tigers. my head says the valley Indians. but them purple Indians posters is gettin a might cocky on here. nothing will slow that down like a humbling unexpected loss.the waverly tigers have played a tough schedule and will be ready. anything can happen here.i may just run over to this one. I ain't gonna be able to make the pilgrimage back to my roots in ironton this week. it would still be nice to root for a tiger team Friday.as I set my sights for the ironton/rock hill game next Friday on my 55th birthday.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

from what I'm hearing at church, the tigers keep shooting themselves in the foot. and not hitting paydirt in the redzone. you never know on a football Friday night.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I ain't been in Waverly's stadium I don't think sice like 75/76.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I remember being in a frosh game there. I believe that year. don't know that I've been back since. been to some basketball playoff games. but no football.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

7 or 7;30

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Valley by at least 21

nutronron2012
All State

Post by nutronron2012 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:well my heart says the waverly tigers. my head says the valley Indians. but them purple Indians posters is gettin a might cocky on here. nothing will slow that down like a humbling unexpected loss.the waverly tigers have played a tough schedule and will be ready. anything can happen here.i may just run over to this one. I ain't gonna be able to make the pilgrimage back to my roots in ironton this week. it would still be nice to root for a tiger team Friday.as I set my sights for the ironton/rock hill game next Friday on my 55th birthday.
Just to clear things up..Only 3 Valley fans have posted on here. (coop, crabs bro and myself) none of us said anything cocky. I think a lot of fans of other teams have said blow out and the such. But the few of us that are Valley fans give Waverly a lot of respect and see them as being much improved. They have played a tough schedule and their only losses have come from two 5-0 teams. Waverly is doing something right

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I'm just yankin your chain buddy. I was trying to get a rise outta pmow

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

is the game @ 7 or 730

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

7:00p.m. (Which I dislike). We started at 8:00 back in the day, lol.

courier
All Conference

Post by courier »

nutronron2012 wrote:
You're Tiger Bait wrote:well my heart says the waverly tigers. my head says the valley Indians. but them purple Indians posters is gettin a might cocky on here. nothing will slow that down like a humbling unexpected loss.the waverly tigers have played a tough schedule and will be ready. anything can happen here.i may just run over to this one. I ain't gonna be able to make the pilgrimage back to my roots in ironton this week. it would still be nice to root for a tiger team Friday.as I set my sights for the ironton/rock hill game next Friday on my 55th birthday.
Just to clear things up..Only 3 Valley fans have posted on here. (coop, crabs bro and myself) none of us said anything cocky. I think a lot of fans of other teams have said blow out and the such. But the few of us that are Valley fans give Waverly a lot of respect and see them as being much improved. They have played a tough schedule and their only losses have come from two 5-0 teams. Waverly is doing something right
I think most Valley fans have always been reserved in their support of the team. Aside from a few personal ribbings, respect has mostly been given to opponents. On any given Friday anyone can get it handed to them...Kids can be unpredictable...

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

There is something to be said for a 7 pm kickoff especially if you work for the press and have to get a story and pics in and laid out by a 11:30pm or 12am deadline. That being said I grew up with 7:30 pm kickoffs and very few home games would push deadline. At this point in the season I don't think it matters. I could see an argument for making it later earlier in the season to make it cooler for the players and fans alike.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Anybody know the reason they changed the start times? Is it just to get the kids home earlier?

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

You're Tiger Bait wrote:I'm just yankin your chain buddy. I was trying to get a rise outta pmow

Now see what you did Bait??
You old transplant you!! Lol.
But I have to agree with those guys. We definitely respect Waverly. Valley fans are proud of the run this program has been on. It's been a great ride!! But a cold wet and rainy night can take that all away. And hopefully Valley comes prepared, because Waverly has certainly played some very good teams this year. I expect Waverly's best effort.
I also expect Meat and General to take good care of me when I head up north tomorrow!!
I expect a free dinner at The Tavern and perhaps a beverage of my choice!!

Now. There is one more thing... Valley fans also know that there may be a drop off after this class leaves. Teams will be licking their chops to come at us. I'm hoping this program gets hold of this raw group and can put together something for next year, because if they don't get us then, you might as well expect us back in 3.
But I'm hardly worried about that stuff. Im gonna enjoy this team and the run of big games starting tonight!!
Go Indians!!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

where are these folks pmow. and how can ole bait get involved, lol

I also expect Meat and General to take good care of me when I head up north tomorrow!!
I expect a free dinner at The Tavern and perhaps a beverage of my choice!!

JohnKnight
Varsity

Post by JohnKnight »

Back in the day Steve, we didn't get out of school until 3:20 and bus routes were an hour, bus drivers had to grab a bite and get back for the trip and in the SEOAL days those trips were sometimes 2 hours. Meigs, Gallipolis and Ironton were long rides. 8 pm starts were necessary for the kids and the spectators. If you work until 5 pm you still have plenty of time to get to the game and you can grab dinner there. Trips are shorter as a rule. It is much better for new stories to play at 7pm and that should matter, it is about the kids.

Return to “Football”