2018 Defending State Champs Wheelersburg Pirates Outlook

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: 2018 Defending State Champs Wheelersburg Pirates

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

fbnut wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:27 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 pm So if I read correctly then Lowery would count as a Teir 2 and the other 28 as Teir 1 meaning they attended Burg on open enrollment since before 7th grade.

I don’t know about you but I can tell you who will and who will not be good varsity football players from the pee wee ranks. 😂 😂

As far as the “Big boy playoffs” comment, I’m positive there are plenty of DVI and DVII schools that would whip the school you root for. What school is that by the way?

Success breeds success they say but it also breeds haters. It’s ok though I’d rather have the success and just tune out the haters.
Lowery actually moved into the district
Correct. Lowery would have been a Teir 2 since he moved into the district after 7th grade. The other 28 would be Teir 1 since they do not live in district but attend through open enrollment but have done so since before 7th grade.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:46 pm
fbnut wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:27 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:01 pm So if I read correctly then Lowery would count as a Teir 2 and the other 28 as Teir 1 meaning they attended Burg on open enrollment since before 7th grade.

I don’t know about you but I can tell you who will and who will not be good varsity football players from the pee wee ranks. 😂 😂

As far as the “Big boy playoffs” comment, I’m positive there are plenty of DVI and DVII schools that would whip the school you root for. What school is that by the way?

Success breeds success they say but it also breeds haters. It’s ok though I’d rather have the success and just tune out the haters.
Lowery actually moved into the district
Correct. Lowery would have been a Teir 2 since he moved into the district after 7th grade. The other 28 would be Teir 1 since they do not live in district but attend through open enrollment but have done so since before 7th grade.
I’m know expert but it says if either parent live in the district your a tier 0
Doesn’t look like to me it matters when you moved in as long as at least one parent lives in the district

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

You are right fbnut, he would be a Teir 0. Well then excluding him, we have a lot of open enrollment on the roster.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:48 pm You are right fbnut, he would be a Teir 0. Well then excluding him, we have a lot of open enrollment on the roster.
There are and I know people like to say that’s one of the big reasons for the burgs success and thats fine. I would be willing to guess that most of those kids have went to the burg most if not all of there school years and live just oustside of the district.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

fbnut wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:52 pm
Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:48 pm You are right fbnut, he would be a Teir 0. Well then excluding him, we have a lot of open enrollment on the roster.
There are and I know people like to say that’s one of the big reasons for the burgs success and thats fine. I would be willing to guess that most of those kids have went to the burg most if not all of there school years and live just oustside of the district.
I agree. Besides I looked at the OSHAA list and all of our local schools with maybe the exception of South Point have open enrollment players on their rosters.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

fbnut wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:52 pm
You are correct I believe all but 2 on this past years roster have went through Wheelersburg’s pee wee program and have attended Wheelersburg schools most if not all their academic career. After Wheelersburg won the state all those that have issues with Wheelersburg and their success were left grabbing at straws so they turn to the open and enrollment saying that’s the reason behind Wheelersburg’s success when it’s been pointed out that a majority of kids have been enrolled at Wheelersburg since their elementary years.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

Urban wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am Yes 29 move ins on 1 football team. Most local teams barely have 50 on a roster.

Wheelersburg better enjoy this last year in D5, because starting next year they go to the big boy playoffs. Of course you can still brag about beating small county schools in the regular season that don't operate like a private school.
It’s funny before Wheelersburg won the state this past year it was people saying Wheelersburg plays a soft schedule all they do is beat up on weak southern football teams they’ll never be able to compete with the “big boys” up north. Well they proved the naysayers wrong and who’s to say they couldn’t do it again and compete with in the “big boy” playoffs but no matter what Wheelersburg could win 100 state titles in 100 divisions and there’s always going to be those jokers out there waiting for them to faulter just the slightest so they can attempt to tear down something that they are so obviously envious of. So Wheelersburg will gladly enjoy their non “big boy” state championship an accomplishment that may not seem impressive to some yet only one other team in Scioto County can say they’ve reached such heights.

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

Some people saying that Burg wont be the same if they move up a division. Too small. What really matters is how good is the team? I honestly believe that Marion Local would have made the state finals in DIV this year, maybe even DIII. And they are a smaller school than Burg. Public too.

2quick2catch
Freshman Team

Post by 2quick2catch »

I think they could make another run, once you get that confidence and swagger it goes a long way. Those close to the program I hear think the offense might even be better this year.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Urban wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:42 am Yes 29 move ins on 1 football team. Most local teams barely have 50 on a roster.

Wheelersburg better enjoy this last year in D5, because starting next year they go to the big boy playoffs. Of course you can still brag about beating small county schools in the regular season that don't operate like a private school.
Haters gonna hate! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

bleed_blue wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:35 am

It’s funny before Wheelersburg won the state this past year it was people saying Wheelersburg plays a soft schedule all they do is beat up on weak southern football teams they’ll never be able to compete with the “big boys” up north. Well they proved the naysayers wrong and who’s to say they couldn’t do it again and compete with in the “big boy” playoffs but no matter what Wheelersburg could win 100 state titles in 100 divisions and there’s always going to be those jokers out there waiting for them to faulter just the slightest so they can attempt to tear down something that they are so obviously envious of. So Wheelersburg will gladly enjoy their non “big boy” state championship an accomplishment that may not seem impressive to some yet only one other team in Scioto County can say they’ve reached such heights.
Well said my friend! GO BURG!

Burg grad 85
Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

Is this true about 30 transfers on a Division 5 school? That is alot of transfers no matter what grade they started. There are alot of rumors going around about Wheelersburg recruiting at the middle school level. Aren't a majority of the varsity basketball players also transfers?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Cato wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:54 pm Is this true about 30 transfers on a Division 5 school? That is alot of transfers no matter what grade they started. There are alot of rumors going around about Wheelersburg recruiting at the middle school level. Aren't a majority of the varsity basketball players also transfers?
There is a D5 school that has a CB# of 79. I would consider that high. I also wouldn’t consider someone that has always went to the burg a transfer. If you consider having very successful programs that kids and parents outside of the program want to be a part of then yes they are probably recruiting
Last edited by fbnut on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Cato wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:54 pm Is this true about 30 transfers on a Division 5 school? That is alot of transfers no matter what grade they started. There are alot of rumors going around about Wheelersburg recruiting at the middle school level. Aren't a majority of the varsity basketball players also transfers?
There competitive balance number for basketball this year is a 6 which if you look at the D3 schools is pretty low. Also remember a tier 2 in basketball counts as 5 not 2 like football

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Took you four posts to start a rumor! Nice! :lol:

Cato
Riding the Bench

Post by Cato »

JTEK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm There competitive balance number for basketball this year is a 6 which if you look at the D3 schools is pretty low. Also remember a tier 2 in basketball counts as 5 not 2 like football
Competitive balance for this year only takes into account last year's roster so Truitt definitely doesn't count. Is he the only new player?

I'm not downing Wheelersburgs success, but one would be fairly naive not to think that transfers aren't a large part of their success.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Cato wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 pm
JTEK wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:41 pm There competitive balance number for basketball this year is a 6 which if you look at the D3 schools is pretty low. Also remember a tier 2 in basketball counts as 5 not 2 like football
Competitive balance for this year only takes into account last year's roster so Truitt definitely doesn't count. Is he the only new player?

I'm not downing Wheelersburgs success, but one would be fairly naive not to think that transfers aren't a large part of their success.
I wonder why people don’t get on the threads of the schools that kids leave and ask them what they are doing or not doing that is driving kids out of their district. If truit moved into the district he will be a tier 0 and will add 0.

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

That’s pretty darn impressive that Wheelersburg is that good that they can predict how good middle school kids are going to be in high school and convince them they should transfer.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Actually not one student who attends Wheelersburg actually lives here in Burg. The only residents here are old people and babies. We cherry pick the cream of the crop from each local school district and bus them to our super secret athletic training facility. :roll: :roll: :roll:

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:40 pm
Actually not one student who attends Wheelersburg actually lives here in Burg. The only residents here are old people and babies. We cherry pick the cream of the crop from each local school district and bus them to our super secret athletic training facility. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Don’t forget the recruiting pamphlet. New home in Patriot Ridge for the family’s and a new car for the student. Patriot Ridge is outside the district by the way.

Return to “Football”