Vinton County 21 Southeastern 20

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Re: WK2 1-0 Southeastern @ 0-1 Vinton County

Post by Zaphod_Beeblebrox »

I do stand slightly corrected. 11.2 hundred and even more impressive 22 second 200 and 20 feet long jump. kid is a freak for sure. But its still not going to be enough to beat the Bigger school this week. And the Williams boy from Vinton is right on par with him in the 100 and long jump. and from what im hearing this kid isn't even seeing the field for the Vikings.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

That's funny I92. I wonder where those five better athletes went? ;)

I hate to say it, but this is a must win for this Vikings team. They have something to prove, they are hungry, and despite the losses, they are good, they have to prove it to themselves. A win right here, this week could go a long way for the rest of the season.

Last week, defensively, we look really good. Just a couple of breakdowns on defense led to two late scores. That game could have easily have been 7-6 or even 9-7. I will look for the defense to stay discipline, stay home, read keys, and tackle and it could be another close one. I am going with the Vikings by 5.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Zaphod_Beeblebrox wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:27 am I do stand slightly corrected. 11.2 hundred and even more impressive 22 second 200 and 20 feet long jump. kid is a freak for sure. But its still not going to be enough to beat the Bigger school this week. And the Williams boy from Vinton is right on par with him in the 100 and long jump. and from what im hearing this kid isn't even seeing the field for the Vikings.
Yeah, Williams is a stud for sure. Ruby went 21’10 3/4 in the long jump at districts. He may not be enough to beat VC but as far as top athletes...Ruby is way up there and has the resume to prove it.

I think VC wins from what I’ve heard so far.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am That's funny I92. I wonder where those five better athletes went? ;)

I hate to say it, but this is a must win for this Vikings team. They have something to prove, they are hungry, and despite the losses, they are good, they have to prove it to themselves. A win right here, this week could go a long way for the rest of the season.

Last week, defensively, we look really good. Just a couple of breakdowns on defense led to two late scores. That game could have easily have been 7-6 or even 9-7. I will look for the defense to stay discipline, stay home, read keys, and tackle and it could be another close one. I am going with the Vikings by 5.
He said he wouldn’t be top 5 on their roster as far as athletes are concerned. No mention of transfers. Two are better football players but the “better athlete” discussion is another topic for another place.

Good luck to both teams Friday. Hopefully Injury free.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

This is really a d6 school facing a d3 school if not for competitive balance. And not a Nelsonville power house d6 school either. If southeastern can hang they will be heading for another playoff run. good for SVC if they can.

“Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:31 am That's funny I92. I wonder where those five better athletes went? ;)

Lol few breakdowns? Unioto rushed for over 300 yards. 3 fumbles and a penalty at the one yard line were the only thing that kep that game close. As far as ruby goes, he is a football player as well as an athlete. The vc athlete I assume is 23? He is great in track and fast but he didn’t get his nose in there on def. not a tuff nose football player like ruby. I do think vc wins this game. I would run 45 a lot and use the qb more with midline or veer option make 23 the pitch man to try and get him outside. On defense idk what else they can do. Had 8 guys in the box to stop run not much more you can do. I don’t think southeastern is as good of a running team as Unioto even with ruby. I’ll take vc by a score.

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

Rolltanks wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:10 am

Lol few breakdowns? Unioto rushed for over 300 yards. 3 fumbles and a penalty at the one yard line were the only thing that kep that game close. As far as ruby goes, he is a football player as well as an athlete. The vc athlete I assume is 23? He is great in track and fast but he didn’t get his nose in there on def. not a tuff nose football player like ruby. I do think vc wins this game. I would run 45 a lot and use the qb more with midline or veer option make 23 the pitch man to try and get him outside. On defense idk what else they can do. Had 8 guys in the box to stop run not much more you can do. I don’t think southeastern is as good of a running team as Unioto even with ruby. I’ll take vc by a score.
I will assume by your username you are an Unioto fan. And you are assuming that the turnovers were "gifts" or "mistakes" by the offense, where I as a Vikings fan, could say the turnovers were made by the hard hitting Vikings. Furthermore, those 300 yards are really the by-product of one special athlete, for the most part the Vikings were able to keep in check, except for the two long runs he had for touchdowns. His first touchdown was a great play by him, where he was just able to beat everyone to the corner and turned it up field, there was no way we were going to catch him. However, the second touchdown, our freshman safety allowed a man to get deeper than him, and the Carroll's last touchdown, our defensive end and outside linebacker didn't maintain containment. Of course, they could have been on a blitz or a stunt.

While you are disappointed and thought you should have dominated the game, you are afforded that luxury; however, it was the first game for both teams and I thought the Vikings defensively were good. My worries remained offensively.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Statistics don’t lie. Tanks 400 plus yards vc 165. Usually this game is close and hard fought. No difference this year. Good luck to you hope you win out.

lugs
Riding the Bench

Post by lugs »

Southeastern vs VC is gonna be a great game. gonna be cool to see our old coach even though he is on the opposite side of the field. Still cant believe all these years and this is our first time ever playing them in the regular season. good luck to both teams. im taking VC :)

Smokyhollowbandit
JV Team

Post by Smokyhollowbandit »

good luck to the Panthers and Vikings, should be a heck of a game. I’ll take Southeastern 35-33

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I see this game as a complete toss-up. The difference could be how well VC adjusts to seeing the type of offense SE runs. The option offense makes it easier to replace players RB's, as the QB is really the key.

Zaphod_Beeblebrox
Waterboy

Fantastic 50 doesn't really have enough analytics to be completely accurate just yet. if I were a betting man id give the spread 8 points favoring Vikings. Possibly 10. This will be a double digit win for Vinton County.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This will be a telling week for both teams. If SE can hang with, or beat VC, I think a run at another playoff berth is very feasible. Regardless, Ruby will give them a chance just about every week. For VC, if the Vikings start the season 0-2, it will be a difficult position with FFu, Meigs and Athens all looming over the next three weeks. The Vikings need this one to build the confidence for the difficult stretch coming up.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VC 33
SE 22

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

VC 22
SE 15

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

We will learn quite a bit about VC this week even though they are playing a smaller school.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Keep in mind, Southeastern is on a 13 game regular season winning streak. That alone gives them the confidence to beat anyone on their schedule. With the exception of Wheelersburg, I’m not sure anyone in this area has that length of a streak going. I feel like SE isn’t getting enough credit for it to be honest.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dundas wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 pm Keep in mind, Southeastern is on a 13 game regular season winning streak. That alone gives them the confidence to beat anyone on their schedule. With the exception of Wheelersburg, I’m not sure anyone in this area has that length of a streak going. I feel like SE isn’t getting enough credit for it to be honest.

Southeastern lost A LOT last year. They are returning quite a player but they lost (2) thousand plus yard rushers and an all state Lineman. Last season was their first winning season in a long time so I think that’s just what they are. They had a storybook season last year but I think you’ll see them return to a .500 or below team again this season. Confidence will only take you so far

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 pm
Dundas wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:48 pm Keep in mind, Southeastern is on a 13 game regular season winning streak. That alone gives them the confidence to beat anyone on their schedule. With the exception of Wheelersburg, I’m not sure anyone in this area has that length of a streak going. I feel like SE isn’t getting enough credit for it to be honest.

Southeastern lost A LOT last year. They are returning quite a player but they lost (2) thousand plus yard rushers and an all state Lineman. Last season was their first winning season in a long time so I think that’s just what they are. They had a storybook season last year but I think you’ll see them return to a .500 or below team again this season. Confidence will only take you so far
They were actually 6-4 the previous year in 2016. I get your point though, but 13 games is 13 games. Especially when the majority of those games are against schools that are bigger. Either way, I’m excited for this one Friday. Should be a great game.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Dundas wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:05 pm
mlittle wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:55 pm

They were actually 6-4 the previous year in 2016. I get your point though, but 13 games is 13 games. Especially when the majority of those games are against schools that are bigger. Either way, I’m excited for this one Friday. Should be a great game.
Wish I could see this one. I’ll be at the Piketon Wellston game. I’ll be pulling for SE and all the other small school playing up in divisions!

Return to “Football”