Fairfield Union 28 Vinton County 0

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Fairfield Union 28 Vinton County 0

Post by Dundas »

VC had their chances early in this one. A punt return to the FFU 20 resulted in a fumble. And then the penalty following the kickoff after a Falcon touchdown. If those two mistakes don’t happen, VC could have and should have been up 14-6/10-6 after one. The remainder of the game was dominated by FFU up front on both sides of the ball. Imo the outcome doesn’t change though. FFU was the better team last Friday night and deserved the win.

falconbball
Riding the Bench

Post by falconbball »

I dont think one penalty changed the outcome of the game it was 28-0........ so if that play stands its 28-7 or 8 I will give them a 2pt conversion, what happened the rest of the game?... FU defense played well

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

falconbball wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 am I dont think one penalty changed the outcome of the game it was 28-0........ so if that play stands its 28-7 or 8 I will give them a 2pt conversion, what happened the rest of the game?... FU defense played well
It is not just a matter of arithmetic. It is a matter of momentum and confidence in, might I remind you, teenagers. After the kick-off was called back, you could see body languages starting to change, shoulders were slumping, heads were hanging, and then everything else falters. If that kick-off return touchdown counted, then it is a 7-7 ballgame and then who knows after that? Momentum in high school sports is paramount! Teams look to seize it and hold on to it, and the other ferociously trying to take it. Especially among teams that are similar, of course it does not matter when you are clearly outmatched; however, the was not the case Friday night. No one with any good sense or sound judgement could look at both of those teams and clearly say one was better than the other. They can't, I don't care who you are.

Return to “Football”