Gallia Academy 45 - 28 Portsmouth

svac83
SE

Re: WK5 Portsmouth (4-0) @ Gallia Academy (4-0)

Post by svac83 »

First off let me say I think the blue devils win this game because that is what Gallia academy does for the most part. They beat Portsmouth. I have to say this game bothers me every year because Portsmouth always has athletes and they always have size.

Don’t ask me as I know this is not Portsmouth’s DNA but I see this game being very physical. I don’t know why but when Portsmouth travels up here. They play like a old SEOAL team and this game gets really physical the match up at memorial field 2 years ago is still the most physical game I have seen Gallia play in for years. Where Gallia has several injured already his could really hurt them.

We are 4-0 and so is Portsmouth but both teams I think still have a lot of work to be who they want to become. I think this will be a 2 score game or closer. I think I have a feel for this me to be like Gallia 23-21 or Gallia 23-14. Both teams are going to have to sustain drives as both teams I think will slow the other team down.

There is one thing that could lead to this game being a blow out and that is if blue devils can expand the people involved in offense. We had a good start on this last week. But we need to keep this going on and exploit defenses. I mean if you can get teams concentrate on Armstrong up middle and briar Williams testing one edge. You are going to leave 34, 2, 4, 6 or whoever else really against a teams weaker defenders. That is when this team will be awesome. We are not there yet.

QB showing some signs. I thought Friday we learned a lot about him. On 2 or 3 downs in a row. We saw some of his limitations and things he doesn’t do well. Then we seen like 7 strangers got plays where you just see the incredible arm talent and accuracy.

We just need him to believe in himself and his teammates and take a few more chances still a little tentative but believe game is slowing down for him.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Unless Portsmouth was looking ahead to this weeks game with the Blue Devils, first off I can't believe that they gave up 28 pts to the Redmen. Mayby the starters weren't playing when RH scored, I'm not sure. Parker may get his yards, but with the game being at Gallia, plus remember the trojans also have to play defense, I don't know if the trojans defense is good enough to keep the Blue Devils from scoring quite a few points.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: WK 5: Portsmouth (4-0) @ Gallia Academy (4-0)

Post by FANOSPORTS »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 am wow what a titanic battle at the halfway mark of the season. and at gahs in the pit. 2 unbeaten teams. 2 of the 3 prohibitive favorites to win the ovc. hit don't get much better than this. I think the blue boys may be too much for anyone right now in the ovc. and I don't say that sarcastically. or with any lack of respect to any ovc team. including my own team the fighting tigers, it just is what it is right now. and the tigers have to go to the pit as well. definitely everybody in the meat n taters of their schedules right now. the tigers had 4 huge turnovers against a very good Ashland team and mostly in the red zone of the tomcats. they cannot play like that and beat Portsmouth or gahs. so we need a major cleanup on aisle 3 there too. I think this one is much closer than what I'm seeing from other posters. course I thought we was gonna stomp a mudhole in Ashland Friday night too. so I done et my crow and got humbled. I think this will be a wild game. and I was a sophomore on that infamous fighting tiger team that had won 34 straight seoal games. and we rolled in the French city, and everywhere we looked it was ''34 AND NO MORE'' signs even in our locker room. I remember thinking I wondered if the refs made them signs themselves. but brian mink was a manchild that night for the blue boys. longest week of my life starting Monday right after school let out, lol
Bait, funny you should reference Brian Mink. He was a great high school player and a big strong boy. In my younger days in the early 80's I was a bouncer in a nightclub (The Entertainer) in Point Pleasant Wv across from Gallipolis and he and some buddies from Marshall were a little inebriated and messing with the waitresses so he was removed from the premises and came back a little later brandishing a machete at the door so we locked the entrance and had to call for backup from the Sheriff's department. We were all young, dumb and over 21 at the time but your post just awakened that memory. I think he passed away in 1991 at age 32.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Brian was shot by his girlfriends cousin in the front yard of her home. To my knowledge, no charges were ever filed.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:44 pm Brian was shot by his girlfriends cousin in the front yard of her home. To my knowledge, no charges were ever filed.
I never heard what happened as I had moved to c-bus a couple years before but the SEOAL was the best football conference in SEO for decades and he was one of a plethora of great Gallipolis football players in their history. Sad he passed so young. :(

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: WK 5: Portsmouth (4-0) @ Gallia Academy (4-0)

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:16 pm
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:36 am wow what a titanic battle at the halfway mark of the season. and at gahs in the pit. 2 unbeaten teams. 2 of the 3 prohibitive favorites to win the ovc. hit don't get much better than this. I think the blue boys may be too much for anyone right now in the ovc. and I don't say that sarcastically. or with any lack of respect to any ovc team. including my own team the fighting tigers, it just is what it is right now. and the tigers have to go to the pit as well. definitely everybody in the meat n taters of their schedules right now. the tigers had 4 huge turnovers against a very good Ashland team and mostly in the red zone of the tomcats. they cannot play like that and beat Portsmouth or gahs. so we need a major cleanup on aisle 3 there too. I think this one is much closer than what I'm seeing from other posters. course I thought we was gonna stomp a mudhole in Ashland Friday night too. so I done et my crow and got humbled. I think this will be a wild game. and I was a sophomore on that infamous fighting tiger team that had won 34 straight seoal games. and we rolled in the French city, and everywhere we looked it was ''34 AND NO MORE'' signs even in our locker room. I remember thinking I wondered if the refs made them signs themselves. but brian mink was a manchild that night for the blue boys. longest week of my life starting Monday right after school let out, lol
Bait, funny you should reference Brian Mink. He was a great high school player and a big strong boy. In my younger days in the early 80's I was a bouncer in a nightclub (The Entertainer) in Point Pleasant Wv across from Gallipolis and he and some buddies from Marshall were a little inebriated and messing with the waitresses so he was removed from the premises and came back a little later brandishing a machete at the door so we locked the entrance and had to call for backup from the Sheriff's department. We were all young, dumb and over 21 at the time but your post just awakened that memory. I think he passed away in 1991 at age 32.
yes he did pass away. he was a great ball player. he ran wild that night, we had a few just unexplainable calls. and it was a war. I never ran more sprints in my life that week, and the bleachers at tanks memorial stadium. I still have flashbacks about that week sometime sleeping, lol. great story fan. thank you. yes , he was a hosscat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

GalliaGrad78 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:44 pm Brian was shot by his girlfriends cousin in the front yard of her home. To my knowledge, no charges were ever filed.
oh my gosh grad, I had no idea how he passed away. that's awful. wow, just horrible. very sorry to hear that.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

Gonna be a real battle at Memorial Field.

Blue Devil offense will have to wear down the Trojans.

Sounds like the Trojans have a little more balance on offense - which will make it harder to shut down Parker. We'll know a lot more about both these teams after this one.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

After seeing both teams in Week 2 and Week 3, I would give the edge to Portsmouth.

After hearing that the Portsmouth D gave up 28 to Rock Hill.....this Gallipolis offense should have a field day then!

Gallipolis 48
Portsmouth 21

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

This game will show if Portsmouth has what it takes to have a chance at a league title!

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

GA absolutely shut down Parker last year and I expect nothing less. Only difference is Portsmouth can pass a little bit now. GA’s defense is fast but they take a few drives to lock in. So could be a good one going into half, but a bad one at the end. Kinda like Chesapeake. O line and D line play will determine the score for GA.

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

I think G.A. will get by Portsmouth but it will be an entertaining game with two of the top athletes in the southeastern Ohio going at it. I would say in the end Gallia will win by a two scores.....

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Making my first ever trip to GA. Anything I should know before I go? How’s parking and seating? As far as the game goes, I believe Portsmouth can win, but it will take a near perfect game for them to get it done. GA will likely control the los, hard to win when that happens. I hope to see the Trojans fight until the end, and just keep improving. Won’t see another team as good as GA until week 10. Go Trojans!

Who Dey!
Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:07 pm Making my first ever trip to GA. Anything I should know before I go? How’s parking and seating? As far as the game goes, I believe Portsmouth can win, but it will take a near perfect game for them to get it done. GA will likely control the los, hard to win when that happens. I hope to see the Trojans fight until the end, and just keep improving. Won’t see another team as good as GA until week 10. Go Trojans!
Parking is along city streets and parking lots near school, so plan on being a little early to get a spot closer to field. Seating is good.
As for the game, I think Gallia will end up on top. Offense is starting to open up, and the defense is quick and get more than one helmet on ball carrier. Lines are starting to gel.

Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

RV out rushed Gallia, so I expect Portsmouth to do the same. I got Portsmouth in a close game

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

Black n silver wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 pm RV out rushed Gallia, so I expect Portsmouth to do the same. I got Portsmouth in a close game
Gallia was playing without 3 d lineman.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth will have to play there best game of the year. You can move the ball on gallia. Chesapeake done it. Gallia is a really good team but I don’t think it will be a blowout but if the Trojans tackle and Rowe moves the ball I think they have a great chance. I’m more worried about the Trojan defense than I am there offense.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

Blue/92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:05 pm
Black n silver wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:27 pm RV out rushed Gallia, so I expect Portsmouth to do the same. I got Portsmouth in a close game
[/quote

No they weren’t lol...

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

UofL wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:36 pm
Blue/92 wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:05 pm
[/quote

No they weren’t lol...
Yes they were. Meadows, Hemby, and Duncan

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Could we be looking at another truly special Blue Devil football team? Many of these questions will be answered this Friday night. If they beat the Trojans, as they should, it looks like their next true test will come at the Swamp against the Fighting Tigers of Ironton.

Return to “Football”