Ironton 48 - 7 Portsmouth OVC CHIP

Beergogglebluez
SE

Re: Portsmouth (8-1) -vs- Ironton (8-1) OVC CROWN

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Trojans are going to be a huge underdog. They will have to play tough. Everything will have to be fast. Can’t hold the ball and expect blocking. Tigers are big. Portsmouth will see week 11 no matter the outcome. I think the Trojans can win but going to be hard. Starts with the kids and believe they can win. Not going to lie it’s going to be a hard game.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Exactly what I expected to read , we don't have a chance , read the exact same post two years in a row now.

Love the underdog role, no matter what happens our kids will play hard like always and never quit , I'm just hoping we don't spot ironti 21 this year

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:53 am [quote=Paulcrew post_id=<a href="tel:1812177">1812177</a> time=<a href="tel:1572092231">1572092231</a> user_id=3117]
[quote=BuckeyeBlood post_id=<a href="tel:1812137">1812137</a> time=<a href="tel:1572075129">1572075129</a> user_id=14346]
Portsmouth will have their hands full in this one. Ironton dismantled Gallia, Gallia pretty much handled Portsmouth for the final 2 quarter of that game. Makes me wonder what Ironton will do to Portsmouth. That being said, the Trojans have beat the Tigers the last 2 seasons. Portsmouth will have to play their best game and then some to beat Ironton, especially @ Ironton. You know what they say, when you play @ Ironton you’re already down 7-0 before you take the field lol.
Actually it’s usually 14-0 before the game starts at the Tank. The intimidation and awe factor has usually done teams in. Looking forward to this matchup. A focused Fighting Tigers team should handle this one
[/quote]

Plus u have to beat the refs too
[/quote]

Oh yeah, the 12th grade science teacher, the kickers step father and Trevon Pendleton’s cousins wife’s brother will all surely be apart of the crew. Portsmouth already has 7 holding penalties against them, that’s just the ones predetermined. The chain gang have already been slipped a feee coupon for the Armory Smokehouse. Refs are what I was referring to, although venue plays a part, not as much since they have turf and can’t manage the field themselves. Lol

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

according to joe eitel. gahs is sitting at 5 in their region. and he says they control their own destiny. it doesn't help that they finish the season with a 1-8 south point team. but hopefully they'll make the preseason. that would have ironton, Portsmouth and gahs all making it to week 11. that's pretty dang good from a supposed and oft made fun of conference. i'll take 3 teams out of 7 in the playoffs anyday. you can take that to the bank. I just hope it does not cause troubles in the mix because the 3 newest teams are dominating. because it was just a couple years ago the grovers won it. and you have to take into consideration that this league is amazing travel wise, big gates, lil travel expenses. and the league makes perfect sense now. and the competitiveness of the league overall in all the other sports. one of the top basketball conferences these parts bar none. teams just need time to rebuild. get the coaches and players they want.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:53 am Portsmouth 2019 Football (8-1)

8/29 H Valley (5-4) [6:24] W 32-27
9/6 A Portsmouth West (2-7) [5:19] W 48-28
9/13 H River Valley (1-8) [5:19] W 40-6
9/20 A Rock Hill (2-7) [5:19] W 40-28
9/27 A Gallia Academy (8-1) [4:15] L 28-45
10/4 H Coal Grove (2-7) [6:24] W 28-13
10/11 H Chesapeake (4-5) [5:19] W 34-20
10/18 A Fairland (5-4) [5:19] W 20-12
10/25 H South Point (1-8) [5:19] W 47-16
11/1 A Ironton (8-1) [5:19]
Valley was a good football team and should be 8-1 but in one game they lost 3 starters for the year and it kept getting worse! Down to 6 and that’s coming from a little D-VI school with no depth. My point is they won everything against Portsmouth but the scoreboard. They had many turnover to give Portsmouth that game. I just don’t think Portsmouth that good this year. Yes their record says different but look who they beat and lost too. Parker was a one man showed and valley took him out of the game(30 yards) and Portsmouth struggled. But since then Kalb got his passing game going with three receivers and a good QB to take the pressure off Parker with less carries. Valley showed the rest of the teams on Portsmouth schedule that you stop Parker you stop Portsmouth but now with the passing game it has helped the Trojans out with balance. Good luck to both teams for a hard fought, injury free, great rival game that sits at 62-62-7

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 am Exactly what I expected to read , we don't have a chance , read the exact same post two years in a row now.

Love the underdog role, no matter what happens our kids will play hard like always and never quit , I'm just hoping we don't spot ironti 21 this year
I think anybody that is involved in this rivalry knows better. throw the records out the window. nobody is buying this. strange things happen in this one. as you well know dowgg

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:53 am
Paulcrew wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:17 am
BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:32 am Portsmouth will have their hands full in this one. Ironton dismantled Gallia, Gallia pretty much handled Portsmouth for the final 2 quarter of that game. Makes me wonder what Ironton will do to Portsmouth. That being said, the Trojans have beat the Tigers the last 2 seasons. Portsmouth will have to play their best game and then some to beat Ironton, especially @ Ironton. You know what they say, when you play @ Ironton you’re already down 7-0 before you take the field lol.
Actually it’s usually 14-0 before the game starts at the Tank. The intimidation and awe factor has usually done teams in. Looking forward to this matchup. A focused Fighting Tigers team should handle this one
Plus u have to beat the refs too
😂

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I am very proud of our Trojans for the great season they have had to date. Considering we were 30-70 for the 10 years before Coach Kalb took over, this is football heaven for Portsmouth. Regardless of what happens on Friday, I will walk out of the Tank a very proud Trojan and equally proud of our gridiron warriors.

GO TROJANS!!
Last edited by trojandave on Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

biggdowgg wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:03 am Exactly what I expected to read , we don't have a chance , read the exact same post two years in a row now.

you will blame refs no matter what. just like every L you ever took. by the way, I have portsmouth a 3 point favorite.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:09 am

I think anybody that is involved in this rivalry knows better. throw the records out the window. nobody is buying this. strange things happen in this one. as you well know dowgg
Agree in a true rival like this one the players knows what’s up and will play the best game of the season. I grew up in this rival and it was noted every year what this game meant. Both teams know the history. For one night during the season you throw everything away team records or anything that has been accomplished all year because this game is like the OSU-TTUN and it’s played on another level.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

I don't know a whole lot about football I have to admit that upfront . don't watch any football but Ironton football. I don't watch college ball, I don't watch Ohio State, I don't watch the NFL and I could care less if they closed it down tomorrow. But I dearly love Ironton football. Having said that, I'm amazed how much I do know more than a lot of the posters that come on here.

I've been told that Portsmouth has two of the best kickoff return men in the area. However, Ironton has a man with a golden leg. He is one of the best that I have ever seen at Ironton, maybe the best. He can do it all; Kick offs, punts and FG's

Last night, Gallia Academy only got to return two kickoffs. ( I think I have that number correct) The others went deep into the end zone. Always having a team have to start on their own 20 sure helps and it sure helped last night too. Yet you hardly ever hear anyone talk about his abilities and how it's going to affect THIS game.

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Bruce Kalb motivating JoJo this week

Then JoJo gets ran over by a moving Carrico

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Everyone needs to stop being so humble over High School Football, this is Trump NAtion baby

Ironton 52 Portsmouth 3

The moving Carrico with 5TD's

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

I still will take the Portsmouth squad here.I think the Portsmouth fans hope that it doesnt rain next Friday nite either because of there speed in this one. Weather will play a big one in this one does Spartan Stadium have turf. OVC in my opinion can only get better with Gallia and Portsmouth in it.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Bruce gives the ball to JoJo 10 times, tries to wins with the Arms of Roe.. Ironton secondary gets icecreAm after the game

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

The Jewel of Southern Ohio will be rocking

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Tigerbait will be rolling up in style from Hanging Rock

Prime Time
S

Post by Prime Time »

Didnt realize Spartan had a roof over it, Does this stadium hold 8-10 thousand people, doesnt look like it.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

I see Ironton winning this game with ease.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

Return to “Football”