TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Pic A Way
Waterboy

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Pic A Way »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:56 am
enigmaax wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:40 am
Baldeagle wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:33 am

dont mean to spoil your boner but the playoff points machine that was the tvc hocking got ruined when miller and the snakeeaters decided to pull up stakes. The league wont generate as many playoff points because we wont be playing each other most of the year and we will be back to depending on teams to win their nonconference games like we did long ago. Soon we wont be far from the days when trimble wins the league with a 6-4 record and doesnt get in the dance. look back at what that division did when there was only six teams and you will see what i mean. Fed getting their crap together would go a long way towards solving the problem but not even sure that can/will happen.
Yep. For the small school division and this region, they’d be wise to try and pick up more teams. At 9, you are virtually guaranteed three spots. Personally, I’d sacrifice a little travel time to bring in some small schools with struggling programs. It puts everyone in a better position. Now, if they expand the playoffs as being discussed on another thread, it may not be quite as important.
I know it’s a long shot but if we can go out and get Symmes or even Caldwell. There’s a lot of teams out there that aren’t happy where they’re at. Pitch to Symmes to get the old svac back together. Heck even bump river valley down to the hocking that works too

Right. Although in my opinion, I don’t think the TVC will expand their Hocking division. Barely any good fits for them unless... Berne Union? And I don’t see BU leaving the MSL, even though the MSL-Cardinal is an absolute mess.

Easyrider
Waterboy

Re: TVC teams headed to the playoffs

Post by Easyrider »

Southern also played SV probably some 12-15 years ago....

Return to “Football”